PDA

View Full Version : Why do people do T/this?

BDSM_Tourguide
06-13-2003, 12:23 AM
Please, people, let it go. We don't really need to read through a bunch of slashes just to speak to one another, do we? I mean, after all, it doesn't matter that we're members of the BDSM community, we can still communicate without a bunch of unnecessary punctuation, can't we?

For the sake of your intelligence and my sanity, please stop the slashing of your pronouns.

Thank you,
Paid for by the Campaign for a Sane BDSM_Tourguide

siroco222003
06-13-2003, 06:42 AM
Gee Tourguide.....tell how you really feel!
;)

S.

BruceBoxer
06-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Well, I take it back--he's not so even tempered--must be the bambino keeing him up late.

Originally posted by BDSM_Tourguide
Please, people, let it go. We don't really need to read through a bunch of slashes just to speak to one another, do we? I mean, after all, it doesn't matter that we're members of the BDSM community, we can still communicate without a bunch of unnecessary punctuation, can't we?

For the sake of your intelligence and my sanity, please stop the slashing of your pronouns.

Thank you,
Paid for by the Campaign for a Sane BDSM_Tourguide

BDSM_Tourguide
06-13-2003, 03:37 PM
If ya really want me to, I can. I have much stronger opinions about this and other things related to it.

Originally posted by siroco222003
Gee Tourguide.....tell how you really feel!
;)

S.

BDSM_Tourguide
06-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Hey. This is even-tempered for me, especially when dealing with those of seemingly lesser intelligence. (No. Not you, Bruce. The people that insist on typing like that.)

How do you say, "W/we would like a table for T/two at tonight's BDSM fetish party. Are W/we allowed to wear O/our dress leather?" in real life conversation?

Despite the nice things the internet has done for BDSM, it has also led to some really twittified practices.

Originally posted by BruceBoxer
Well, I take it back--he's not so even tempered--must be the bambino keeing him up late.

Moggy
06-13-2003, 04:08 PM
LOL at this thread! Check out this story...

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/stories/review.php?storyid=1373

Curtis
06-13-2003, 04:33 PM
I thought I was keeping up to date on the Forum postings, but I haven't seen any 'slash-writing' in a couple of months (and I look for it, 'cause it irks me, too).

There was a master/slave couple who used to post here who did that, but they stopped (and, soon after, stopped posting) the last time BDSM_Tourguide had himself a good rant on the subject.

I don't know why this slash-writing started, but I'm glad to see the hind end of it.

BruceBoxer
06-13-2003, 04:52 PM
I concur mate. SIlly stuff--think I'll use "twittified" at the office monday...much more acceptable than my normal "fuckin stupid."

Originally posted by BDSM_Tourguide
Hey. This is even-tempered for me, especially when dealing with those of seemingly lesser intelligence. (No. Not you, Bruce. The people that insist on typing like that.)

How do you say, "W/we would like a table for T/two at tonight's BDSM fetish party. Are W/we allowed to wear O/our dress leather?" in real life conversation?

Despite the nice things the internet has done for BDSM, it has also led to some really twittified practices.

siroco222003
06-13-2003, 06:48 PM
shit! you lick one cunt and they call you a cuntlicker; you type ONE slash and they call you a .......

BDSM_Tourguide
06-13-2003, 07:13 PM
You didn't miss anything. I should have put that on my "10 Things" list. Maybe I'll make a new 10 things list just about internet stuff. LOL

Originally posted by Curtis
I thought I was keeping up to date on the Forum postings, but I haven't seen any 'slash-writing' in a couple of months (and I look for it, 'cause it irks me, too).

There was a master/slave couple who used to post here who did that, but they stopped (and, soon after, stopped posting) the last time BDSM_Tourguide had himself a good rant on the subject.

I don't know why this slash-writing started, but I'm glad to see the hind end of it.

BDSM_Tourguide
06-13-2003, 07:17 PM
It's nothing against you personally. Actually, it's nothing against you at all. I posted this as a cross-post from a yahoo group of which I am a moderator.

I just cannot understand why people feel they need to type and act differently just because they're online. Especially in BDSM relationships online, where it seems all the dominants have chips on their shoulders and all the submissives have persecution complexes. And I'm using "all" in the "majority" sense.

I just don't think we, as real life people in the BDSM lifestyle, should condone and promote acts of stupidity by others of our lifestyle.

Originally posted by siroco222003
shit! you lick one cunt and they call you a cuntlicker; you type ONE slash and they call you a .......

siroco222003
06-13-2003, 07:50 PM
No personal offense taken -- forgot to "smiley" my last post. :) Anyway if you wernt opinionated you wouldnt be TG would you?
;)
S.

BDSM_Tourguide
11-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Boy, I bitch a lot...

Xelebes
11-25-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm too lazy to put in the slashes but not lazy enough to not check my grammar.

Dngnkeeper
11-26-2004, 11:31 AM
TG Ibid and ditti. :D The attack of the slashes is right up there on my list too. :yuck:

Snip...
I just don't think we, as real life people in the BDSM lifestyle, should condone and promote acts of stupidity by others of our lifestyle.

And this applys to many many things in BDSM land besides slashes. :eek:

Domme
11-29-2004, 06:29 PM
"The attack of the slashes..."

Omggggg, rofl...

s: "W/wait! Please, W/we must R/run! The S/slashes are coming! The S/slashes are coming! Save Y/yourselves!"

D: "/s, what do you mean 'must'?"

s: "Nothing You don't desire, of course, but please, may W/we run for O/our L/lives?"

D: "Well, okay, but only because you asked nicely."

mastercoyote
12-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Couldn't agree more with TG. I usually just cap/nocap names and pronouns when writing erotica, but I NEVER D/do T/this. Too friggin' annoying to write, let alone read.