PDA

View Full Version : Did the owner(s) die?

Mumei
06-13-2020, 03:11 PM
Could it be they literally died? Do we even know of any other webpresence they have? (I'm assuming we have no idea who they are IRL.)

TwistedTails
06-13-2020, 10:56 PM
I don't know. I've been away for a while. I certainly hope not.

subrob99
06-17-2020, 04:48 AM
The issue I think is that they had a big crash were it was down about a year and lost alot of the users. Back in the day this thing was busy. So not an incentive to fix things anymore which is sad.

Solis
06-22-2020, 06:27 PM
About the most I can say is that someone paid to re-register the domain name on Feb 22, 2020. That was the 19th anniversary of the original registration.

I had some sense that the original owners were European and that Torq managed, or mismanaged, the site for them. I've written to him several times in recent years, with no response. Likewise, the last generation of mods report hearing nothing.

It wouldn't take much to revitalize the site. Traffic remains high, if only for the sake of the huge story archive. If the owners asked for help or, heck, even a buyer, I suspect they'd get it.

S.

Odysseus
06-29-2020, 05:41 PM
One of the few story sites still around

Odysseus
10-28-2020, 08:56 AM
Perhaps Torq passed and noone has access codes?

Erogenous Jones
10-30-2020, 05:39 AM
Just wondering who posted that message on 1 April 2019 and why the inaction since ?

drcatsup
10-03-2022, 02:15 PM
I've occasionally been tempted to take advantage of the numerous flaws in this site's antiquated code to get system access and update/secure/fix the issues so this site could be stable and working again. Just never quite decided to pull the trigger...

Solis
12-14-2022, 11:04 AM
It's just maddening. I've tried, over the years, reaching out to Torq (who does not own the site) and, through WHOIS, to whoever does. I've asked if they'd be willing to consider selling the site, or at least transferring admin responsibiilty.

Nada. Bumpkus. Silence.

In the meanwhile, the others shuttered on by one. Slavefarm. HomemadeBDSM. A bunch of former communities, leaving mostly racket at large, ungoverned and unfocused sites.

Nuts.