PDA

View Full Version : How to Learn to use a Flogger:

Sweetsboi
08-22-2005, 02:17 PM
This was posted in My BDSM also but i found this thread and thought i would post it here also, figuring this was the better place to post it.

Floggers:
by: TrinityHawk (aka: Sweetsboi)

I look at flogging as another way to touch a sub as though the flogger becomes an extension of the arm and the Dom/mes desire. Some believe whips are used to allow you to hit someone for a longer time, without tiring out. I don't think this is necessarily true as your hand gets just as tired if you don't know how to balance it and use it right.

A whip or flogger is as personal as the person who uses the flogger. There are many varieties of floggers, the main categories are Heavy Floggers, Medium Floggers, Light Floggers, Horsehair Floggers, and Chain Floggers. However, we want to cover more details on how to flog today so some of the specific types of floggers are Cat of nine tails, leather floggers, nylon floggers, fur floggers, and even horsehair floggers. All of which feel very different and which have their own individual effect, and takes time and practice to use. I have two leather floggers of different types of leather and size plus a nylon flogger and a soft small horsehair flogger.

One way I was taught to practice is on a pillow, a standared pillow is about the same size as a person's back from lower buttocks to just before the neck. This way you are practicing on something you can not hurt even on accident.

Lay a pillow on the bed and mark the pillowcase (make sure it isn't one your wife calls a good one LOL) with a marker like a butt area. The area that isn't marked is the lower back and neck area. The neck area should NEVER get hit, due to the fact that this area is way more fragile then any other area on the back/butt areas. If you were to hit the neck area serious injury can accure with the slightest pressure!!!! Practice controlling whatever flogger you are using and making sure you hit the ass, back, and upper legs.

Another way Dom/mes disagree is what type of handle is best on a flogger but this leads us back to the fact that each flogger is personal and individual as the person who is wielding it. I personally prefer a soft leather handle that molds and fits my hand. Some like a harder handle that is weighted in the end. But the most important thing to remember is that the flogger is balanced and comfortable in your hand. This reduces strain on your wrist, preventing damage to you, to your sub, and making the session to be more pleasurable and safe.

Some good sites to learn about all the different floggers is:

http://members.home.com/thewhippinpost/floggers.html

http://www.sensationsbysasha.com/li...to.htm#howtobuy

Once again I want to point out that the one weilding the flogger should be aware that if you hit someone hard enough you will bruise him or her, and if you keep going you can break the skin.

I must say there are those out there who are hard core SM and do cause bruises and cuts but severer and lasting damage should be avoided! If you do practice hard core play in this way, please do so safely and be aware of the risks. Another thing to remember is that leather and other type whips can be very tough to clean.

This leads us into cleaning and keeping your flogger happy. When storing any flogger you should hang up, letting it hang freely. So, that the lashes drop vertically from the end of the handle. This will keep the lashes smooth, untangled and wrinkle free.

Suede of all colors but especially light colors should always be treated with a leather or suede protector. Most shoe stores or leather stores will carry something appropriate. Do not use a protector that is not specifically designed for leather or suede. To clean suede you should do so by using a suede brush. I have used just plan bacterial soap and water but it isn't best and doesn't help to prolong the suede. One thing I think is best to use is Lincoln E-Z cleaner. This cleaner even works on white and light colors. Once again you can get it at most shoe repairs stores or leather stores.

Now with Grain leathers they will eventually become dry, cracked and brittle without care. And sometimes can become stiff which doesn't make for a good flogger.

There are a number of products available to keep your leathers supple and conditioned, again often available at shoe repair stores or leather shops. These products should be used on grain and finished leathers only, do not apply them to suede. When applying them go in a circular motion and start out with just a little. It is better to keep adding little at a time then too much and waste it.

With use, all leather will naturally stretch, and become uneven which will require maintenance. This is a natural process of usage. You may clip the ends yourself with a sharp blade, or a sharp pair of scissors. The blade is the better bit.

I want to end this on a note a Dom/me's purpose is not only to be careful and not cause long lasting physical damages but emotional as well. While spankings bare handed or with whip can be very erotic a Dom/me should ALWAYS keep their subs physical AND emotional well being at the top of their list. In MY opinion even before the Dom/me's desires and needs. For with out a sub there is no Dom/me, and with out the Dom/mes there are no subs. It is a partnership!