PDA

View Full Version : Code suggestion "Extreme snuff"

ghostsblood
08-29-2005, 08:24 PM
I was originally going to post this in the "Deleteing snuff" thread, but decided its better suited to this forum.

So the idea is to differentiate between extreme stories where the victim dies at the end, and the stories where the mutilation of the victim is a primary aspect.

What do you think?

For a visual example of what I mean see This thread (http://bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3662)

=^_^=

Blue_Monday
09-01-2005, 05:02 PM
This link is exactly the sort of thing that I try not to look at, but can't leave alone, once I see it. It's disturbing. It's also the sort of thing I prefer not to read, but sometimes do. Sometimes it's by accident, and as soon as someone starts cutting someone else's nipples off, I navigate back and look for something else. Sometimes the one being de-nippled is also screaming in orgasm, and I have to roll my eyes at the over-the-top fantasy. Sometimes I keep reading, just to see how far the author wants to take it, or to see how much of it I can stand.

Interestingly, I always try to understand what causes this to be arousing. I imagine getting aroused at these stories or images, and the only conclusion I reach is that it's exciting to cut loose from one's human empathy--it's like going in public without clothes; thousands of years of culture (and physical necessity) has trained us to wear clothes, but it's exciting to thwart that culture sometimes.

Or maybe it's the pain, screaming, and blood. I find that harder to understand.

Now, all of that has little to do with this: another story code, well-intentioned as it may be, won't do much good for this site. We already have a "violent" code, which can mean anything from a good hard spanking to the aforementioned nipple amputation. There is also "modification," which can mean a sexy clit ring or a sci-fi pain delivery device implanted in body tissue. I love the story codes for a quick snapshot of what lies ahead, but they're not 100% reliable. I think that even with the added code you propose, you would still stumble upon stories you find offensive, and you might pass over milder stories that are not as "extreme" as the author imagines. I've found that the best way to find the "good ones" is to remember the authors of the ones you like and ask for recommendations on the forums.

ghostsblood
09-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Interestingly, I always try to understand what causes this to be arousing. I imagine getting aroused at these stories or images, and the only conclusion I reach is that it's exciting to cut loose from one's human empathy--it's like going in public without clothes; thousands of years of culture (and physical necessity) has trained us to wear clothes, but it's exciting to thwart that culture sometimes.

Nice analogy, I might have to use that one day :)

As I said before there is certainly no shortage of codes (many of whihc Im sure have never been used), I am simply proposing a safeguard for those who DO open "snuff" or "violent" to find that the story goes beyond simply raping/killing the victim.

I only suggest it after reading the "banning snuff" thread, where people claim to have opened a snuff story expecting a standard rape/kill to find that the story is more forused on the dismemberment and mutillation than they can stomach.

Ruby
09-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Interesting idea and one that we've discussed in depth. Just getting the authors to check the correct boxes can be tough. Yet I agree there could be a few more from which to select.

Author warnings at the begining of the story can very valuable. They can say what they want, put in more than the codes and those who may not like any particular type of story have been given another chance to change their mind.

For authors reading, I appreciate warnings like:

character death
violent death
brutal treatment of slaves
graphic descriptions of someone tortured to death
graphic descriptions of brutal rape

These types of warnings can assist the reader make a better decision.

Here's an example from Jay Merson's The Messenger of Pain
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/stories/author.php?authorid=1490

At the bottom of the description is
WARNING: Contains extremely hard and nasty scenes.

A great warning and very true for his tale.

Ruby
09-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Now this is a great warning from Horror Beneath The Park
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/stories/story.php?storyid=1168

Author's Note: This is a work of fiction with content suitable only for adults
(and stable ones at that). If you are prohibited from reading such material by
the laws or standards of your community please depart immediately. Likewise, if
you can't tell the difference between reality and fantasy get the heck outta
here and seek some professional help. The author in no way advocates
non-consensual activities such as are depicted here (and he strongly recommends
against consensual acting out of such scenes unless the participants have
reserved parking at the emergency room and a very understanding health plan).

Thanks von Hentzau.

H Dean
09-21-2005, 09:33 AM
I was originally going to post this in the "Deleteing snuff" thread, but decided its better suited to this forum.

So the idea is to differentiate between extreme stories where the victim dies at the end, and the stories where the mutilation of the victim is a primary aspect.

What do you think?

For a visual example of what I mean see This thread (http://bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3662)

=^_^=This sort of made me chuckle a little bit. Death is death. I don't know how much more extreme you can get in death other than dead.

As for the extreme nature of stories; there are story codes that are specifically for that sort of thing. "Torture" and "Extreme" are in the codings options. I doubt that an "Extreme Snuff" coding is going to make it any more clear if the author fails to include "Extreme" and "Torture" in his coding of the story.

Frankly, if such a code were available I might be tempted to write a snuff tale where the closing read "he killed her really, really, really dead" just so I could use an "Extreme Snuff" rating for my story. Because, the three usages of "really"...well, you get my drift.

Blue_Monday
09-21-2005, 05:54 PM
LOL at "really, really dead"--

It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.

:D

ghostsblood
09-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Frankly, if such a code were available I might be tempted to write a snuff tale where the closing read "he killed her really, really, really dead" just so I could use an "Extreme Snuff" rating for my story. Because, the three usages of "really"...well, you get my drift.

hmmm, of course that is a point.. death is death... but by that token.. isnt sex.. just sex?.. whats with all these codes? whats the differance between nc and rape? bondage and torture? MMMMg and Fb+ ?

It is about telling the reader exactly what to expect.. for example:

I could write:

He had sex with her (enter a whole story about having sex) and then poisoned her.

Or I could write:

After fucking her, he dosed he little whore with enough GHB to keep her concious, but only just; thereafter, he preceeded to cut quater inch squares out of her skin at quater inch intervals. Chequering her entire body in a grotesque parody of a chess board. With each square he cut, she lost more blood. Soon she grew weary, and her eyes began to droop. He took this as a sign to finish her off, and pulled out an axe, before hacking the limp girls body limb from limb.

They are both snuff, but one would have been all about sex, where the victim dies at the end. Where as the other is all about mutilating the victim towards an inevitable death:

One focuses on the sex.. one on the death.

get me?

:dunno:

Blue_Monday
09-22-2005, 05:01 PM
I hear ya, ghostsblood. Personally, I don't think this is a good forum for writing death-centered stories. Not because they're about death, but because they're focused on something other than BDSM. If I wrote a nice little tale about a girl and her brand new car, and incidentally, somewhere in the middle, she had sex with someone, I wouldn't consider that really appropriate for the site either. In many "snuff" stories, sex is just a warmup for whatever follows, when really, I think proper snuff means that the death is the icing on the cake that is sex.

Mmm... cake.... :)

H Dean
09-23-2005, 07:50 AM
I hear ya, ghostsblood. Personally, I don't think this is a good forum for writing death-centered stories. Not because they're about death, but because they're focused on something other than BDSM. I don't think this is a valid reason to not have stories about death. BDSM and sex are two different things, as well. Logically, your argument would eliminate any tale that includes anything other than BDSM.

Blue_Monday
09-23-2005, 09:38 PM
Ya know, I was thinking about that after I posted. I guess a big part of BDSM is being turned on by things that don't turn most people on. So if killing someone turns you on, then it qualifies, doesn't it?

ghostsblood
10-02-2005, 09:52 PM
yup..

BDSM is the acronym for Bondage, Domination, Submission, Masochism. none of these word stipulate sexuality.

In fact any desire to inflict or be subjected to pain fits under this banner..

:D