PDA

View Full Version : Shocking

Rosie
09-11-2005, 03:16 PM
I have a question - probably daft - about electricity. If a sub is wired up to receive shocks to her sexual organs - would the jolt be felt by her Dom if he was having sex with her? (Vaginal or oral)

Thank you!

BDSM_Tourguide
09-11-2005, 06:00 PM
That depends on a couple of thing, mainly the current of electricity used.

Saliva is a fairly poor conductor of electricity, but don't try to teel that to anyone whose ever touch a 9 volt battery to their tongue.

On the other hand, vaginal fluid is quite a good conductor of electricity, being acidic as it is. Electrical current passes more easily through vaginal fluid than saliva, so the partner invovled might get a tingle from that as well.

Just for fun, try this experiment: Touch a 9 volt to your tongue, and then to your pussy and see which one tingles the most. ;)

Rosie
09-12-2005, 12:05 AM
That depends on a couple of thing, mainly the current of electricity used.

Saliva is a fairly poor conductor of electricity, but don't try to teel that to anyone whose ever touch a 9 volt battery to their tongue.

On the other hand, vaginal fluid is quite a good conductor of electricity, being acidic as it is. Electrical current passes more easily through vaginal fluid than saliva, so the partner invovled might get a tingle from that as well.

Just for fun, try this experiment: Touch a 9 volt to your tongue, and then to your pussy and see which one tingles the most. ;)

Thank you. I've seen a lot of info about the use of electricity, but I'd never seen the answer to that particular question. I think I'll pass on the experiment, if you don't mind!

pervy
10-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Thank you. I've seen a lot of info about the use of electricity, but I'd never seen the answer to that particular question. I think I'll pass on the experiment, if you don't mind!

I've heard these things should NEVER be done, because if you hook electricity up to the genitals and you touch the other let's say at the neck, current would flow over the heart.
I'm sure 9volt toys won't 'reach' that far, I would mind my steps ... How exciting it even may sound ...

Sweep
10-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Being an electrical engineer I do know a bit about this.

As was said earlier the conductivity of the area is the key. Sweat makes the skin conduct better and thus one needs a higher voltage to pass the same current through as happens with a lower voltage on sweaty skin.

Also where the current enters and leaves is important as current through the heart or brain is much more critical than other parts of the body.

There is a documented case of a (sweaty) guy working on his car who reached down into the engine bay and had one ear touch the car battery terminal and the other ear touched part of the engine and he was killed instantly. Normally 12 volts would not be a problem but he had the double whammy of low skin resistance and current through the head.

There is also the fact that muscles contract when current passes through them and this frequently breaks the circuit. This has saved lives in many instances and has happened to me a couple of times during my life in the industry.

Just because a shock doesn't kill, it can still do damage. Nerves and muscles can be injured and it just happens that the 50 or 60 Hertz mains frequency is perfect to make a heart go into fibrulation.

So just a 9 volt battery accross the nipples of a sweaty person could possibly (but unlikely) stop the heart. Note that batteries are DC and are safer than AC mainly because you get a single muscle contraction with DC and you don't have the same potential for fibrulation

A bit of careful shocking around the genitals is probably OK but as with most BDSM activities one must be careful.

The violet wands (I think they are called) that have high voltage and give off corona and sparks are not capable of sourcing a high current and are pretty harmless from what I've read - but do be sure.

Interestingly the first electric chair was designed the same way and produced very high voltage but very low current. The poor guy strapped in had his hair stand on end but he didn't die. Folks then thought it was voltage which was the killer when in fact it is current (anything over 6 milliamps) which is a factor of voltage and resistance that kills.

Trust someone finds this interesting - and do be very careful

Sweep
10-10-2005, 08:11 PM
I forgot to mention about the Dom.

If he got in the path of the current then he would get it also.

If she was being electrocuted from one labium to the other had he stuck his prick into her cunt he would get booted.

albear
10-11-2005, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the info Sweep. It was an electifying read :p

*grin*

karisma
10-11-2005, 03:14 AM
For some kinky reason i'm finding this all _very_ interesting/facinating :) -- only wish there was more to read.

Bald_J_and_F
10-11-2005, 04:02 AM
For late Mistress, who was a medical doctor, the use of electricity was a definite "No-no". She used to say the risk of contracting heart-rhythm disorders is way too high, even with low voltage and the electrodes attached to parts of the body far away from the heart. If you still want to play with it, we definitely recommend to have an electrocardiograph done before starting to play with electricity and have this cardiograph repeated on a regular basis.

redEva
10-11-2005, 08:08 AM
He he, I agree with bear this is electrifying read … thank you Sweep … and as for you lovely ladies J&F … that is good idea, but how do you go about asking for ECG ? “well you see I’m going to be electrifying myself a bit .. so just to make sure all is good with my hearth…”

Rosie
10-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Well, my topic did provoke some discussion there! Thanks to all who offered comments, and especially to Sweep who actually answered my question. :)