PDA

View Full Version : Gags advice

Mistress Florence
10-02-2005, 02:28 PM
I don't know much about gags, There are all sorts I know, but I wanted to know about different types. What would be the best way to make a gag? I know there's always duct tape and scarves, etc, but I'm not sure how effective they are, and how safe. I know you can't completely stop a sub making noise, I just want something that will make actual speech impossible and make screams muffled and restraigned, but something safe obviously.
What's your favourite gagging method? What have you tried?
All advice is valued.

charlestudor
10-02-2005, 02:31 PM
i'm no expert, but i think a penis gag would accomplish most of what you are after

ct

I don't know much about gags, There are all sorts I know, but I wanted to know about different types. What would be the best way to make a gag? I know there's always duct tape and scarves, etc, but I'm not sure how effective they are, and how safe. I know you can't completely stop a sub making noise, I just want something that will make actual speech impossible and make screams muffled and restraigned, but something safe obviously.
All advice is valued.

Bald_J_and_F
10-02-2005, 02:38 PM
All advice is valued.
The most effective gag is an inflatable butterfly gag.

Ocean_Soul
10-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Try this for size :)

Edit: Do attachments work?

a_curious_poet
10-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Gags. Mmmmm. First off, a gag (of any type) is one of my favorite toys of the BDSM lifestyle.

The most common, ballgag, can be purchased in so many different places...but...can be made at home too. Take a "Super Ball" and use scissors to make a hole through it. Feed a strong string through and you have a ballgag! Also, small wiffle (sp?) balls work since they have holes already. Small fruits (apples, pears, oranges) work too.

One of my favorite is a panty gag. Pick the smallest pair of panties (or the one with the least material) and stuff them in submissive's mouth. Then, cover with tape or scarf. Quite effective.

Penis gags...fun, fun, fun. They are kind of hard to make yourself. The one I tried was a medicine bottle covered (multiple times) in electrical tape. Before taping, I attached a strong string around the bottom of the cap and tapped around it. Make sure all the edges of the tape wrapping are smooth and there you go!

Those are my three faves...

Jones, Nikka
10-03-2005, 01:40 AM
All advice is valued.

I have been gagged with all kinda of objects and I would love to share some of my experiences with you In order of preference here is my top ten list:

10. Panty gag. Extremely humiliating, to have my panties balled up in my mouth and taped with duct tape. Good muffling effect but difficult to swallow any drool if lying down.
9. Penis Gag. Kind of silly, if you think about it. When it would be so much nicer to have the real thing. Funny taste and unless it is extremely thick, it won't keep anyone really quiet.
8. Inflatable rubber gag Looks great, tastes not so good but the effect of slowly inflating it as the session progresses gave me an intense psychological thrill. Good muffling effect
7. Egg Gag After reading a story here in the library (I believe it is called "Donna takes charge") my dom had me hold an egg inside my mouth and forbade me to drop it or breake it during a caning. It demanded a lot of concentration but it did stop me from screaming too loud.
6. Wood Gag Very severe. A thick block of squared section wood with a strap going through it. My mouth hurt for five days after that one. It bruised the inside of my mouth. As a commited paislut, though, I loved it.
5. Spider Gag When I saw one at Insex.com I fell in love with the look of it. Those wires sticking out of it wow! My husband actually made me one! Just about the most erotic looking gag you can have.
4. Ball gag A classic. I love the ones made of really hard rubber. My first one was made of a softer compound and I practically chewed through it within a year. I like mine very big so I can't move my lips at all but I can still drool around it during a flogging.
3. Rope Gag A masochist's gag It hurts and abraids my mouth and cheeks, but it can be used to tie me to the headbord or a whipping post. A variation of this was a thick steel chain wrapped in a handtowell. That hurt, and unlike the rope, which could be made very tight, I could move it with my tongue and kind of speak around it.
2. Ring Gag Excellent for fellatio. will impede speach but allows for very healthy screaming. Excellent if your home has concrete walls.
1. Bit Gag The best. Good looking, totally impedes speech and if thick enough, muffles screams quite well. Rubber coated for delicate mouths or bare metal for those hard punishment sessions. Do not get the wooden ones. you can eventually chew on them and they are difficult to keep clean.

There you go, I hope it helps. Have fun.

Mistress Florence
10-03-2005, 06:35 AM
Thanks very much everyone! The butterfly gag does look very effective, yes.
But I'll start off with cheaper simpler things. I'll probably try making a ball gag at some point. Jones, your list was very helpful and thorough, you've tried plenty of things!

Adamoverjules
10-03-2005, 06:38 AM
7. Egg Gag After reading a story here in the library (I believe it is called "Donna takes charge") my dom had me hold an egg inside my mouth and forbade me to drop it or breake it during a caning. It demanded a lot of concentration but it did stop me from screaming too loud.

I have often though about using something like an apple for a gag, and saying if she bites through it she's in trouble, but I usually decide that an apple is too thick, and would give her too many chances to 'accidentall' bite down a little more....did you use a raw egg? hard boiled? the only other fruit I have really been able to come up with was a banana, it seems softer, but almost too soft...any suggestions or tips?

Jones, Nikka
10-03-2005, 12:00 PM
I have often though about using something like an apple for a gag, and saying if she bites through it she's in trouble, but I usually decide that an apple is too thick, and would give her too many chances to 'accidentall' bite down a little more....did you use a raw egg? hard boiled? the only other fruit I have really been able to come up with was a banana, it seems softer, but almost too soft...any suggestions or tips?

It was a raw egg indeed. The whole session became about stoicism. I was to receive a dozen strokes with a fiberglass cane, plus double the reminder if I broke or dropped the egg. I was managing quite well but I had a coughing fit after the 8th stroke. I refused to open my mouth buth the ninth stroke caught me by surprise and I dropped the egg. Just out of stubborness I refused to make a noise during the last six strokes. Goes to show how much you really need a gag.

th3_kinkst3r
10-04-2005, 08:24 PM
If you use a panties or something that isn't tied to anything outside, isn't there the chance of swallowing part of it and choking on it if you're lying down?

a_curious_poet
10-04-2005, 08:35 PM
With a "panty" gag, there is a tiny chance of the "gag reflex" or to choke a bit - however - I've never had that problem with myself or a playmate. So, no worries here.

daddiebear50
10-04-2005, 09:20 PM
I have been gagged with all kinda of objects and I would love to share some of my experiences with you In order of preference here is my top ten list:

Great post Nikka, a very good description of most types of gags.

Just a couple of notes about gags.

A. Panty gags. yes easy to accidentally swallow, maybe run a scarf or rope thru the one leghole and waist. Then if start to swallow can be pulled on quickly to avoid nasty scene.

B. Inflatable are only for very serious, experienced players. Easy to over inflate. They are very easy to choke on because when biting down they expand into the throat.
Actually saw this happen in one of Bill Master's Videos. (a guru of bondage videos) It was quite nasty, and even he, with his multitude of experience (and saftey) had difficulty working fast enouth to avoid vomiting or worse

C. Eggs. There is a warning about salmanella?, with uncooked eggs, and to wash hands throughly after handling. Obviously this applies to raw eggs in the mouth. At least soft boil them first, to sterilize them.

I think (near zero experience) ball gags would be the best. They could be easily made for several types of balls availible, but make sure they are hard enough not to be bitten thru.
Saw a nice item that would make a great one. A hand squeeze ball that looked like a tit (sorry, but called tit stress ball). :D But probably too easy to bite thru from the look of it. (Image al la Total Recall of a three breasted woman)

Db

Katmandu
11-02-2005, 09:22 AM
My problem has been the muffling effect (or lack, therof!).

So far, we've used tape, which the seal breaks and noise leaks out...and ball gags, which do nothing for the noise level.

I am curious about this spider gag, and butterfly ones mentioned. Any internet references anyone cares to share would be helpful.

After all, with a home full of teenagers that could possibly hear us when we "play", my hubby and I are loathe to be accused of contributing to the delinquency of minors! LOL

Seriously, I need a better muffler........

fetishdj
11-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Butterfly gag is an evil device. No internet link for one, unfortunately... though I am sure someone can help with that.

It has three bits - one goes behind the teeth, the other two go over the teeth and under the lips. You then inflate it - all three parts inflate and push together making a very effective gag.

For beginners, I'd suggest a ball gag and then work up to a more substantial one. Ball gags are easily the most comfortable hard gags (i.e. not cloth or tape based) you can get.

It helps if you get the right size as well. Too big and you can cause aching jaws, too small and they don't work so well.

Inflatable gags - you may be right about them not being for beginners. Though I have heard of them referred to as 'trainer gags' as you can inflate them to a required level which is comfortable for the sub and increase it in future sessions - thereby building endurance. Perhaps what was meant was not for inexperienced Doms. Probably Ok for an experienced Dom to use on an inexperienced sub.

tallusion
12-19-2005, 04:55 AM
There's also a ring gag (which I found uncomfortable for long periods) but my favourite is just a piece of cloth similar to a face washer, scrumpled into a ball and shoved into the mouth, then maybe having some saran wrap or a bandage or something wrapped around to keep it shut.

I suffer from TMJ or lock-jaw, so find I can't use ballgags etc for long periods as my jaw gets very painful and locks itself into place, but with a cloth gag inside the mouth, I find I can still move my jaw around a little bit and can be kept like that for a while. Certainly can't hear anything intelligible.

Rob'sGurl
01-19-2006, 02:45 AM
This thread is definitely interesting. I have always wanted to try a butterfly gag ever since I saw it on a website (Btw here are two: [ul[/url] and ) Anyway I'm not an experienced sub and my dom isn't very experienced yet either-were both beginning with this lifestyle so I guess I should hold off on it? This thread totally got me excited though, I've only been gagged once and not very effectively I might add. I've been dying for him to do it again.

Master Bane
01-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Lemon works as well. It’s not as hard as a ball gag, but she is not going to want to bite through it anyways. As with the egg above, it will show if it has been bitten into and punishment can result from that (more than just the sour). Having just tape over the mouth will sometimes separate and lose it stickiness. This is normally due to the fact that the jaws are still mobile. If you combine something like the lemon and then tape over that, the lemon will reduce the mobility of the jaws putting less strain on the tape. Also with the lemon, once your submissive gets better at not putting teeth prints in it, you can use a grater and grate part of the rind off, making it softer and easier to puncture with their teeth.

Mistress Florence
01-23-2006, 03:00 AM
Wow! The lemon idea sounds fun, and inexpensive which is good, since I havn't had much experience with gags. It sounds like a good task to set, making sure they don't bite down.
I think I'll stick with cheap things for now until I find out what suits my slave best. *Evil grin* Now I'm getting awfully excited.

Sklaventreiber
03-24-2006, 06:46 AM
This has been a very informative posting thanks to all for the contributions. I will certainly make note of the suggestions in my own activities (present and future).

Michel Mephit
07-14-2006, 07:00 PM
I love my rubber cock gag very much, but after having it in my mouth for more than a few minutes, I begin to wretch. I was wondering if anybody had any advice for controling a very sensitive gag reflex. I'm not even sure what triggers a gag reflex. One idea I've thought about is a gag with a breath through hole. Would that alleviate a sensitive gag reflex?

Michel Mephit

maddie
07-14-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm no expert, but I think gag reflexes tend to come when something goes further back in your mouth, not so much because you can't breathe.

There are ball gags that have holes in the ball, so you can breathe through them. Never having used one, if I did consent to one, it'd be of that type, especially because I have difficulty breathing through my nose when I am laying down or even the slightest bit congested. My jaws are also weaker because I've had jaw surgery, so I'm always on the lookout for something that's comfortable.

Silke
07-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Hiya Michel and :wel to the forums. :)

Not an expert either, but I agree with what Maddie said - it's about something hitting the back of your throat that triggers the reflex. For me it's even just the thought of something big and opening my mouth accordingly that sometimes makes me gag...like a dentist's hand, lol...not only a gag reflex, but a bite reflex there. ;)

From what I've heard and read here it can be trained, though...trained to control it, that is. Breathing evenly through the nose, trying to relax while training with your gag a certain time each day should help. Then again, I hope some of the experts here will give you more detailed advice that that. :)

Timberwolf
07-14-2006, 09:18 PM
That lemon thing is a pretty darned good idea.

*makes mental notes*

Michel Mephit
07-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome. :)

As for what triggers the gag reflex, that's the perplexing part. The gag only goes two inches inside my mouth. It comes nowhere near to touching the back of my throat, but after a while, my gag reflex starts to kick in. I've tried different ways of breathing through my nose and relaxing and so forth, but I've not made any progress yet.

I'm no expert, but I think gag reflexes tend to come when something goes further back in your mouth, not so much because you can't breathe.

There are ball gags that have holes in the ball, so you can breathe through them. Never having used one, if I did consent to one, it'd be of that type, especially because I have difficulty breathing through my nose when I am laying down or even the slightest bit congested. My jaws are also weaker because I've had jaw surgery, so I'm always on the lookout for something that's comfortable.

Aussiegirl1
07-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Welcome Michel,

I have only played a bit with gags myself, but I too get that reaction of feeling like I want to wretch. Last time I tried, I swallowed each time I felt the gag reflex coming and that seemed to help. Whether it was a mental thing of the swallowing taking my mind off my reaction or if swallowing actually did it, I am not sure. I then managed to be able to keep the gag in for a lot longer. I have one with a breathing hole in a well, and it does seem to help also.

Hopes this helps, would love to know if it makes any difference for you.

Aussiegirl

YourThrone
07-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Several affective gags that'll work:

Ball gag is pretty good or "Locking Rubber trainer big gag will do the trick as well.

If anyone needs more ideas, just let me know.One of my ex girlfriends were Dominant and she used like every imaginable gag she could find on me lol:)

sorry but the image had a copyright on it and is not allowed