PDA

View Full Version : Question to Jinn and general public

redEva
07-04-2003, 10:44 AM
One thing i never got to deep into is Web programming, so not sure if this is even doable:

Is there a way to set up the ignore users list that will apply to threads, not only to PM?
I mean; like if there is someone out there that you really don’t care to see their point of view could it be set in your preferences to drop that persons posts out of all treads – for your personal viewing only?

BruceBoxer
07-04-2003, 10:54 AM
red,

I'm not really addressed here as I'm not Jinn nor "general public" however, while it's certainly doable, Jinn would have to go to pretty extraordinary lenghts to set up many individual filters. Easier would be, as TourGuide has implied--stop the offender from posting. I think I know to whom you're referring and would support whatever is necesary to ensure you are respected--lovely sweetie that you are.

Originally posted by redEva
One thing i never got to deep into is Web programming, so not sure if this is even doable: is there a way to set up the ignore users list that will apply to threads, not only to PM? I mean like if there is someone out there that you really don’t care to see their point of view could it be set in your preferences to drop that persons posts out of all treads – for your personal viewing only?

redEva
07-04-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BruceBoxer
... Jinn would have to go to pretty extraordinary lenghts to set up many individual filters...

I don’t program HTML/XML or web applications, but do know enough that there is the way to set up filter and have every person enter preferences - and set personalized views - it would not be Jinn who is setting it for everyone every time they change their mind.

This was posted as suggestion and under no circumstances would i ever want to create any extraneous and/or unnecessary work for our gracious host.

BruceBoxer
07-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Just have to say that there are several lifestyle boards where a similar question is being debated. It appears the results are running 50/50. half feel they should not be subjected to willy-nilly posts, the other half feel restricting is censorship.

BOBBY SHEPHERD
07-07-2003, 05:57 AM
Thank you redEva for editing my story The B&D Academy although you gave it a very negative review I still thank you.I will take note of all the errors you pointed out and try to correct them in future stories.I assume you are an author yourself and would love to read some of your work.THANKS

redEva
07-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by BOBBY SHEPHERD
Thank you redEva for editing my story The B&D Academy although you gave it a very negative review I still thank you.I will take note of all the errors you pointed out and try to correct them in future stories.I assume you are an author yourself and would love to read some of your work.THANKS

Dear Boby,

Even though I heard from lots of authors that they need and love to get any feedback at all, negative or positive, since I personally know I don’t like to be criticized for my work, I usually do not give negative reviews. I rated your story 7/10 which I don’t think is bad. I did not “edit” your story, but rather just read it and gave my humble opinion. I am sorry if you thought that was “bad review” I will take a note of that, and not rate any more of your stories unless I can give it 10/10.

Sincerely

red

BruceBoxer
07-07-2003, 04:34 PM
Don't surrender sweetie--you didn't like MY stories--be tough--tell it like it is--bob can take it--And Bobby my man--7 is great--be proud!

Dear Boby,

Even though I heard from lots of authors that they need and love to get any feedback at all, negative or positive, since I personally know I don’t like to be criticized for my work, I usually do not give negative reviews. I rated your story 7/10 which I don’t think is bad. I did not “edit” your story, but rather just read it and gave my humble opinion. I am sorry if you thought that was “bad review” I will take a note of that, and not rate any more of your stories unless I can give it 10/10.

Sincerely

red

BOBBY SHEPHERD
07-07-2003, 05:36 PM
I am sorry I stired up all this ill will as my only thought was to thank someone for the review.I thjought this was a place for discussion of BDSM stories.I guess I was wrong.I will not bother any of you again.
THANK YOU

BOBBY SHEPHERD
07-07-2003, 06:55 PM
I guess I should explain myself.I did not mean to upset all of you.I know a lot of authors love feedback and a review of their stories.I do not.I am a retired disabled person and write because I enjoy it.I enjoy what I write I post my stories for anyone who wishes can read them.I hope they like them and if they do that is great if they hate them that is ok also.I look at the E mails I recieve and the Reader Count on the site.The story that stired all this was written by a dear friend of mine who passed away several weels ago and ask me to post his work for him.
So thanks to all of you.I will be posting some of my stories soon and feel free to edit,review,change or whatever you wish to do to them.
THANKS

redEva
07-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Time to take this subject of this tread. Just for the record – i think i can speak for Mr.Bruce when i say there is no ill will, nor is anyone upset. Readers of the stories posted on the board are encouraged to give ratings and comments to the author.

My suggestion to you is if you do not want your stories reviewed, you could post a little note at the end of the synopsis stating you do not wish to receive comments.

Also, if there is something you would like to address with any reader that posted the comment on your story you have choice of

a) responding to the reviewer right in the review thread underneath the original post and email or PM reviewer to bring his/her attention to your comment – if you want to make the discussion public, or

b) PM or e-mail reviewer and discuss the points and rating in private.

Since this tread was not meant for the story discussion, i would be grateful if we can take this discussion elsewhere.

Thank you Bobby and Bruce for this interesting discussion.

red

BOBBY SHEPHERD
07-08-2003, 07:51 AM
I need to apologize to all of you for opening my big mouth before I had all the facts.
I am sorry and I will try to keep my big mouth shut.
THANKS BOB

Curtis
07-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Red, that same 'ignore users' button that prevents PMs will also cause your (or at least MY) browser to skip over postings by the person to be ignored. I have used that feature and that's how it worked for me (in fact, I didn't realize it would block PMs. Learn something new every day).

By the way, if you want to ask Jinn how (or whether) to do something, the best way is to send him a PM...unless he's got you on his 'ignore' list...

BruceBoxer
07-08-2003, 03:43 PM
LOL! Can you imagine who in their right mind would have redEva on their ignore list--whay that's as far fetched as somebody thinking of a female milking farm to provide an alternative to Mod Cow disease or something...

Originally posted by Curtis
Red, that same 'ignore users' button that prevents PMs will also cause your (or at least MY) browser to skip over postings by the person to be ignored. I have used that feature and that's how it worked for me (in fact, I didn't realize it would block PMs. Learn something new every day).

By the way, if you want to ask Jinn how (or whether) to do something, the best way is to send him a PM...unless he's got you on his 'ignore' list...

redEva
07-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Thank you Curtis, i actually have to try that – never thought ignore would work for anything else other than for PM’s, but since i really don’t need to put anyone on ignore.... hmmm, maybe i do?....no, no i don’t, so i did not try it (yet!).

As for you Mr.Bruce! I have a feeling that i should grab a protruding part of your muscular body and drag you to some semi-dark secluded place and.....
now is time to take this off this thread *gigles*

BruceBoxer
07-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Miss red,
You are SUCH a demure Domme--TWICE you've EVER so sweetly decreed that we conversants need to get back on topic--I believe you are a natural born diplomat--and sweetie, if you were to grab a portruding part of my body, you'd need both hands--but you sure wouldn't have to drag--I'd be eagerly following :)

Thank you Curtis, i actually have to try that – never thought ignore would work for anything else other than for PM’s, but since i really don’t need to put anyone on ignore.... hmmm, maybe i do?....no, no i don’t, so i did not try it (yet!).

As for you Mr.Bruce! I have a feeling that i should grab a protruding part of your muscular body and drag you to some semi-dark secluded place and.....
now is time to take this off this thread *gigles*

redEva
07-10-2003, 09:26 AM
Thank you Curtis - i tried and it works - well that would conclude this tread, and Jinn did not have to do a thing!

Thank you all for participating.

This tread is now closed.

BruceBoxer
07-10-2003, 05:29 PM
As Yul Brenner addressed the court in "The Ten Commandandments..."and so it shall be done."

Thank you Curtis - i tried and it works - well that would conclude this tread, and Jinn did not have to do a thing!

Thank you all for participating.

This tread is now closed.

Tiger
07-14-2003, 06:35 PM
To conclude, here is the faq section regarding the ignore list:

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/misc.php?s=&action=faq&page=1#buddy