PDA

View Full Version : enema question

humble chick
07-07-2003, 11:49 AM
I am very new to BDSM and have had NO experience beyond my minds wanderings *smile*. I am wondering whether it is safe to give myself enemas if I don't know much about the mechanics of it? I am assuming that I would be able to buy an enema kit from somewhere - sounds dumb but do they come with instructions? Or should I leave well enough alone until I meet someone who knows what the go is with them? I am a responsible adult who doesn't want to do something stupid..................

BDSM_Tourguide
07-07-2003, 02:56 PM
They are fairly simple, most come with instruction and you can buy them prepacked now. However, for a true experience, I recommend going the extra mile and buying the old-style hot water bottle type enema bag.

There are very few actual health concerns about the, just so long as you make sure all your equipment is clean and sanitary. I don't think anyone ever had long-lasting problems from a little water in the bum.

Just don't try too much too fast. Work up to larger quantities.

jaeangel
04-15-2005, 12:55 PM
...Specifically, length of time to hold an enema.
I give myself enemas as part of a masturbatory routine (since hubby says my pussy's too loose, I've shifted my attention to anal penetration instead of vaginal penetration during masturbation.)
I read a lot about enemas before I started, and I've been careful about obeying all the safety precautions. I read something somewhere about not holding it in too long as it can dehydrate you, and stuff like that. So I've tried to be careful.
A few days ago i filled myself up with a two-quart cold-water enema and inserted an inflatable butt plug to retain the water with no leakage. Normally I then hold my vibrating egg to my clit for one orgasm, but this time I got a little carried away and kept going for three more orgasms. I was just finishing up my fourth one when i got this dizzy/nauseous feeling in my stomach, it felt like i was going to throw up. I released the enema and plug immediately, but the nausea and dizziness took almost an hour to go away.
Has anyone felt this before? if so, what causes it? Did I hold the enema in too long? Was it too big? I hadn't eaten anything yet that day, and it was about three in the afternoon, so maybe lkack of food did that? Are there any other rules about enemas that I should know but maybe haven't read yet?

TheThinMan
04-15-2005, 02:16 PM
You aren't dehydrating yourself when you take an enema, you're leaching the salt from your body, which is no less dangerous. Water straight from the faucet has no salt in it, unlike water that took the long route to get there, so the salt in your body flows into it. If you're planning on holding an enema for an extended period of time or taking frequent enemas, whip yourself up a batch of saline and use that instead of tap.

The other two big dangers when taking enemas are temperature and water pressure. Your insides scald far more easily than your outsides, so the absolute hottest you'll want to have the water is a few degrees above body temperature. Too cold is safer than too hot, even if it isn't nearly as comfortable. Pressure is the big amateur mistake. You want to keep the bag only about two feet or so above the nozzle, any more and you risk tearing something. Some first timers expect to feel more of an effect sooner, so they raise the bag higher to increase flow. Don't. Have some patience. By the time you have the first quart inside you, you'll definitely feel it. If you feel like the water's coming in too quickly, take the bag down, wait until you feel better, and slowly take it back up. And, for chrissakes, do not EVER attempt to take an enema while inverted.

Keep these in mind, and you should be fine.

GarrickBailley
04-15-2005, 03:31 PM
And, for chrissakes, do not EVER attempt to take an enema while inverted.

Heh..reading this made me think about the classic line in all bad movies "whatever you do, don't press the red button!!" then the button always gets pushed. Just out of curiosity, what happens when you do it inverted?

TheThinMan
04-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Heh..reading this made me think about the classic line in all bad movies "whatever you do, don't press the red button!!" then the button always gets pushed. Just out of curiosity, what happens when you do it inverted?
Roughly, as your intestines fill, they put more pressure than usual on their surroundings. This normally isn't so bad, since gravity says that the brunt of it is going to your abs or hipbones, which are in no danger of being squished by a little water. However, if you invert, the pressure is put on all the important organs. Those do squish.

GarrickBailley
04-15-2005, 04:43 PM
duly noted..no squishing the important organs. actually..maybe I'll just stear clear of enemas altogether...I can't imagine it smells that great expelling it..

jaeangel
04-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Thin Man:I do prefer cold to hot; the cramps are more intense, and I can really really feel it going in.
I'll have to try the saline.
The closest hanging point for the enema bag is right about eyelevel for me, so i figure that's about two feet above where the nozzle goes in. If the pressure gets to be too much, I'll lower the bag until I can hold it in again, then raise it back up.
I've tried taking an enemawhile on my knees with my forehead resting on the floor of the bathtub, but that really gets uncomfortable, so I usually take it standing up. Also, from a standing position it's easier to reach the toilet when time comes to expel it.
GarrickBailey; actually, an expelled enema doesn't smell any worse than when the contents of the rectum comes out the regular way. After holding it in for an orgasm, when the contents come out it's pretty much pulverized by the muscular contractions in my abdomen and I flush immediately afterward, so it not only doesn't stink as much, I also don't have to worry about clogging the pipes.
Let me clarify something here; I'm not into scat. The whole purpose to self-administering an enema is to clean the rear hole out before I start playing. Some things, like the beer bottle, I don't have to worry about bacteria clinging to (I dispose of it immediately afterward and use a new empty one for each session) but the latex anal dildo and butt plugs do tend to retain bacteria and scent after a while. That's why I clean myself out back there.
Thank you both for your advice!

allalone46
04-16-2005, 12:41 PM
There is also the proctice of beginging with a smal one and pragressaovly increesing the amout of wat taken in till the slave if female look pregnant. Know thee is also taking one and holding it with a plug for several hrs, but agian it taks time to get up to that point.

jaeangel
04-17-2005, 12:43 PM
I started out with a half quart and gradually got up to two quarts over the course of about four months. I'm at 2 quarts now, and I think that's my limit, cause it really distends my belly.
Is it possible to hold it for several hours? Can that be done? I've read stories here in the Library about it being done, but that's fiction and I've never tried it for extended periods of time. The longest I held it was 4 orgasms, which is about 15 or 20 minutes for me. How long is too long?

GarrickBailley
04-17-2005, 03:39 PM
here's a site I found with enema instructions and tips..along with recipes for enemas. http://www.enematips.com/index.html

Also, what's this about alcohol enemas?? it says on this site that beer or wine can be used? what's up with this? sounds pretty weird and dangerous to me!

Dododecapod
04-18-2005, 04:28 AM
here's a site I found with enema instructions and tips..along with recipes for enemas. http://www.enematips.com/index.html

Also, what's this about alcohol enemas?? it says on this site that beer or wine can be used? what's up with this? sounds pretty weird and dangerous to me!

Not really. Provided you're using standard alcohol percentages, it won't cause any damage; but do note that alcohol can be absorbed by ANY mucous membranes, including those in the ass. So you could get drunk...

jaeangel
04-18-2005, 09:34 AM
There was something in the news a little while back about a woman who gave her husband a sherry enema and he died of alcohol poisoning. I think I'll have to go find that article...what a waste of good sherry!

TheThinMan
04-18-2005, 10:07 AM
There was something in the news a little while back about a woman who gave her husband a sherry enema and he died of alcohol poisoning. I think I'll have to go find that article...what a waste of good sherry!
http://socialitelife.com/mt/archives/update_on_woman_accused_of_alcohol_enema_murder.ph p

I'm against mixing alcohol and BDSM in any context, and alcohol enemas add in a few more dangers. Alcohol is absorbed faster through the intestine than the stomach, so any alcohol you put in there will hit you as if you chugged it. Taking an alcohol enema requires far less effort than having a drink, so it takes more effort to stop if you go over your limit.

TheThinMan
04-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Now I have a question. Is the human fountain possible, or is it just a story?

The human fountain is when a sub receives an enema high enough to induce vomiting. As long as the enema continues, the sub will continue to vomit clear saline. I know that to pull this feat off, if it is possible, the sub is required to fast for at least 24 hours beforehand and take a series of clensing enemas to insure that there is no blockage anywhere. I'm also aware that there would be a pressure risk when dealing with this much fluid, so any kind of retaining plug is out of the question.

In spite of the obvious difficulty of the human fountain, I think it may make for an interesting centerpiece at a party, if it can be done.

allalone46
04-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Now I have a question. Is the human fountain possible, or is it just a story?

The human fountain is when a sub receives an enema high enough to induce vomiting. As long as the enema continues, the sub will continue to vomit clear saline. I know that to pull this feat off, if it is possible, the sub is required to fast for at least 24 hours beforehand and take a series of clensing enemas to insure that there is no blockage anywhere. I'm also aware that there would be a pressure risk when dealing with this much fluid, so any kind of retaining plug is out of the question.

In spite of the obvious difficulty of the human fountain, I think it may make for an interesting centerpiece at a party, if it can be done. I read something like simaler like this. It was not an enama but it does require a totla cleaning. I is having a slave injest a toob clear though the slaves body. there is a devise that speeds up the toob going though and when one end is still sticking out hte mouth, and the other out the rectom than you have your fountain. The book I saw this in was a reprint of a german book and I only slaw it for a few min, and that was years ago. But it did have some pics and diagrams of both femal and male slaves. All pics were in black and white and looked like something from the 30s

Dododecapod
04-23-2005, 11:30 AM
I would have to say it's just a story. Reversing the flow of the human digestive tract is probably impossible - there are quite satisfactory valves in the stomach to prevent backflow, and you would be moving against the muscular contractions of the intestines.

If you WERE to actually succeed, the end result would be quite dangerous - quite possibly FATALLY dangerous. First, building up sufficient pressure to flood the entire intestine would run the very real risk of bursting said intestines, inducing rapid internal bleed-out. Next, you would probably kill all of the intestinal bacteria, making it impossible for the victim to digest food. Any surviving bacteria, however, would be flushed into the stomach and esophogus, creating the possibility of some very virulent infections. Then, if continuous vomiting is induced, the possibility of liquid aspiration (the breathing of the liquid into the lungs) would be a virtual certainty. The lungs can cope with a small amount of fluid - more than that induces a broad series of complications I wouldn't risk on my worst enemy. Finally, the stomach muscles can cramp (which is what vomiting is) only a certain number of times before it becomes exhausted, after which point it will simply fill - until it bursts.

Dont. Even. Think. About. It.

TheThinMan
04-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Dododecapod, I hardly think that this idea is as outright deadly as you believe. First, the enema would not put the bowls under much more pressure than a normal enema. The point of it is not to build up enough pressure to force vomitting, but to fill the sub up enough that she may vomit, with a little encouragement. The intestinal bacteria are more durable than you make it out to be, considering everything that they endure over a lifetime, and the valves of the human digestive system are not absolute, as anyone who's ever suffered motion sickness can attest. There is some concern with the actual vomitting, but it should be an acceptable risk, provided the sub is under continuous supervision and has a workable safe signal.

That said, I never considered the possibility of infection from intestinal bacteria. That may be enough of a concern to put this already risky scene over the edge.

allalone46
04-23-2005, 12:36 PM
On one thing I do agree that I don't think a reverce enama would cgeat a flow. in my line I said about using a toob going from the mouth to the rectom the other person said a large enama to do this. I do't think one could ever get a enama to do this, do the the valves in the digestive system to provent this.but a toob going though works with the valves and just keeps them open but blocked so only what is in the toob flows.