PDA

View Full Version : New Owner

Tiger
11-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Just wanted to say hi, I'm Tiger the new owner.

Wanted to say thanks for the help and patience people have had with the transfer of the site. I'm going to work hard to keep improving what is already a great site!

Thanks,
Tiger

Katmandu
11-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Yahoo! I get to be the first to say

WELCOME!!

from one mad kat to another!!

I look forward to interacting with you!!
Please feel free to call on me for any assistance I might be able to offer. :D

drayman
11-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Hello Tiger

First of all, thanks for being willing to take over and hopefully maintain and improve on the hard work that Jinn put into developing the site.

I am sure that all the readers and authors will give you their support and encouragement, to enable you to continue to provide a site that is free and open to all.

Drayman

redEva
11-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Sir Tiger! pleasure to meet you, and just like kats there - feel free to ask if there is anything I can help with :)

learningtopleez
11-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Welcome Tiger! It is great to know you are here and willing to continue to make this site great for those of us in the bdsm lifestyle! Good luck with all you are doing...and yes...we will be patient...good things come to those who wait...or so my Mom always told me!

Ranai
11-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Welcome Tiger!

Hehe, it must be like running a combination of publishing house, well-populated academy space and a pub, complete with regulars and occasional visitors.

Thanks for taking over the torch from Jinn.
A toast to you from the pub: Good fortune!

Nikita
11-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi Tiger sir,

I feel you are setting the tone with your id and Avatar. Always want to know who's in charge.

Here's to hoping you can introduce yourself further so that we can come to know you more.

Do you have a helper? I'm NOT volunteering, just hoping you don't attempt this moderating stuff all alone.

Looking forward to reading your future posts.

Nikita

PS my smiley faces don't work

Katmandu
11-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Ranai, kinda like Spider Robinson's "Callahan's Pub" series! The characters in here certainly fit the description....LOL

As Nikita has problems, and I keep running into the message that "script won't run on this page", perhaps we should start a "glitch" thread somewhere, to help point out problems from the switchover in one, cohesive spot?

Hello again, Bossman! *Wink*

Microwave0ven
11-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Hello Tiger,

welcome and thanks for taking over the site from Jinn! Hopefully you can continue the good work he's done, and again, welcome and best of luck to you! :)

Mo

Kaori-san
11-10-2005, 01:45 PM
-waves- hello and welcome

I'm sure you'll do great things for the site.
I, and many other, can't wait to see any future changes made.

Tiger
11-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks for all the hellos!

Wasn't trying to set a tone at all. My nick is Tiger on my other site I run also.
http://www.sexstoriespost.com/
But I am in charge! :-)

I do need to start a thread to fix all the bugs. I will start that today. Good idea.

Jadetiger
11-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Hello Tiger, glad to me you. Maybe we are related. ;)

Welcome,
Jadetiger

chattel69
11-10-2005, 02:21 PM
I am so glad someone is going to continue this site. In my opinion it is the best place for stories. I am hoping we soon get an update...

Powerone
11-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Well, I don't expect to be around her for long. I know Tiger quite well for sexstories and it wasn't an enjoyable experience. Lots of good authors were banned from the site and the site went downhill quickly.

P1

Glad I got famous along the way and don't need this site anymore.

Mastermike
11-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Welcome tigger and may I say that I wish you n othing but good luck at makking the site better good luck again

easysue
11-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Just wanted to say hello and I hope the site stays as it was. It was always fun to read the great stories. It sometimes gave us some ideas to try:)

Fantasyman26
11-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi! Tiger,

Good luck as the new Site owner. Jinn ran a great site. When do you think the site will be updated?

pejanon
11-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Hello Tiger

welcome!

I hpoe you woill keep the head of this site far above the water.

All the best.

PEJ

Mad Lews
11-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Welcome Tiger,
We are glad Jinn found someone to carry on. Now that the beast is on the prowl mayhaps the story telling will resume soon. Never fear we are a patient crew and will just amuse ourselves in the forums until then. Hope to hear more soon
Lews
The Mad one

Woodchuck
11-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Tiger,

I sent in a story right before the ownership change, do things submitted in the Jinn era, and not yet posted need to be resent?

Tiger
11-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Tiger,

I sent in a story right before the ownership change, do things submitted in the Jinn era, and not yet posted need to be resent?

Jinn has sent me all unpublished stories he has.

I'm planning to do an update tonight. Jinn is walking me through the process as we speak.

Chuckdom19
11-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Tiger, I welcome you here and wish you well. Hope you can get the cooperation you need to do the job you want to do.

TAW
11-11-2005, 03:04 AM
Good luck Tiger.

You are stepping into a huge pair of shoes and I don't envy you at all.

However...you do have my respect for taking on the task and I hope that as the new Kommandant you will be fair..and if you can't be fair at least be be arbitrary.

TAW

Rhiannon
11-11-2005, 04:37 AM
Welcome Tiger....... I wish you well in your new found position (I have also been "elevated" on a site)....... scary isn't it:o

Ruby
11-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Welcome Tiger!

Best wishes and lots of moral support. Please let us, your forum members, know how we can help you.

Rosie
11-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Welcome, Tiger! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us! :)

Breathless
11-11-2005, 04:25 PM
MEOW!
Glad to have you here and wishing you the best of luck, Tiger!

Tiger
11-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Well, I don't expect to be around her for long. I know Tiger quite well for sexstories and it wasn't an enjoyable experience. Lots of good authors were banned from the site and the site went downhill quickly.

P1

Glad I got famous along the way and don't need this site anymore.

Powerone why don't you just wait and see how things go before you start problems?

The problems at ssp had to do with when I put the wrong people in control of the forums. That was when things got out of control. SSP is much better now, took a long time to fix all the damage, don't know if you visit anymore. Just relax and see how things go.

His_pita
11-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Welcome Tiger! The board looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing the changes. :)

alura
11-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Welcome as the new owner, Tiger. May you have great success in your endeavors.

As one person said, if you need help, holler.

I am unable at this time to participate as I am moving but in a month or so, if you do need help with anything, I don't mind getting my hands dirty.

Cheers. (takes a drink and pours RUBY and LTP a glass of bubbly...)

slave ruthie
11-12-2005, 05:03 PM
umm, this one brings greetings from her Beloved Master and hopes she might be allowed to continue offering her stories for Your site

be well, Tiger Sir :)

USMC4ME
11-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Hello -

I thought the site had been taken down or something - then when it opened it look brand new! Great stuff - hope you post ever now and then to let us know whats goin on

See ya round Shere Khan

DungeonMaster6
11-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Hopefully you will keep this site humming much the same way Jinn did. Any stories submitted during this transition period will be posted as soon as possible I'm sure.:)

Just wanted to say hi, I'm Tiger the new owner.

Wanted to say thanks for the help and patience people have had with the transfer of the site. I'm going to work hard to keep improving what is already a great site!

Thanks,
Tiger

Masters_lilone
11-14-2005, 09:37 AM
Tiger Sir thank you fot taking over the site and keeping it up and running and if you need help with any thing concerning the site just ask

nataS
11-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Powerone why don't you just wait and see how things go before you start problems?

The problems at ssp had to do with when I put the wrong people in control of the forums. That was when things got out of control. SSP is much better now, took a long time to fix all the damage, don't know if you visit anymore. Just relax and see how things go.

Well, it's been what, 3 weeks? The only change I've seen is no updates, "personals" links and pics, and a few excuses, and claims to updates. I think you owe Powerone an apology. The site has not been held to the previous standards - even if Jinn felt the need to "ban" underage stories, updates did happen, at most a week apart, usually every 4-5 days. With you, there are no updates, only excuses, and much more offensive banners.
Give the loyal writers and members here a real update on what really is going on.
Haven't seen you around these threads lately.
:-[

learningtopleez
11-18-2005, 01:23 AM
Well, it's been what, 3 weeks? The only change I've seen is no updates, "personals" links and pics, and a few excuses, and claims to updates. I think you owe Powerone an apology. The site has not been held to the previous standards - even if Jinn felt the need to "ban" underage stories, updates did happen, at most a week apart, usually every 4-5 days. With you, there are no updates, only excuses, and much more offensive banners.
Give the loyal writers and members here a real update on what really is going on.
Haven't seen you around these threads lately.
:-[

Actually, nataS, Tiger took over the running of the site on November the 10th. As of right this moment that has only been eight days. I for one know nothing about changing servers, but another site I once belonged to did the same and it was out of commision for over a week! No forums, no nothing! At least Tiger has kept part of the site running while working on other things here. And if he takes the time to come here and post to let everyone know what is going on every day, well.....won't that just slow things down even more?

Just try and be patient folks! Good things cum to those who wait!:)

waterchurch
11-19-2005, 03:53 PM
any updates on what happening its been aweek since we last heard anything from tiger?

moimoimoi
11-19-2005, 04:15 PM
any updates on what happening its been aweek since we last heard anything from tiger?

Hello waterchurch!

Prety hard to have to wait :( when the owner is not at least saying what he is doing with some quind of public announcement saying what he is going on isnt it? So maybe Tiger would take a moment of his "I'm sure precious time" to tell us what is going on and what time frame we could expect for new update? Would be nice of him and would show his commitement to his member and none member, avid reader of story on this wonderful site.:cool: Just a wish you understand but also a sugestion that I hope he will take in consideration.;)

moimoimoi

Katmandu
11-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Oh for gods sake, would all of you crybabies take it elsewhere please? I'm sick of coming in here everyday and hearing NOTHING from most of you except whining. Never anything constructive. Contribute something worthwhile to these threads, will you? :mad:

Blake
11-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Oh for gods sake, would all of you crybabies take it elsewhere please? I'm sick of coming in here everyday and hearing NOTHING from most of you except whining. Never anything constructive. Contribute something worthwhile to these threads, will you? :mad:

Isn't that a tad bit harsh. Granted, patience is an essential factor with anything, especially in change of ownership, but they do have the right to express their opinons on the matter. Just as you do, but, attacking an opinon isn't entirely helpful. What would really help is if Tiger would post something, even "working on the site" every day or two, as I am sure he is from Time to Time. That way, people could atleast cling to that, instead of sitting in the dark, which is what alot of people I am assuming are having trouble with.

He is the owner of this, and has a responsibility to the people of this forum, granted, so do we to him, and should be more patient, but it's a give give thing. Right now, the communication between the administrator and the people of BDSM Library seems to be limited, and in my opinon, at these beginning moments, communication is a base factor in creating a strong bond between the two. I don't know if people agree with that, but to me, he is the gateway for expression here, and without communication, it's frustrating to know where things are going.

My opinon.

learningtopleez
11-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Sorry Blake, but I tend to agree with Kat on this...my reasoning for it being that I try and put myself in Tigers paws , if you will, and I can not begin to imagine what he is having to undertake here. It is most assuredly a huge amount of work, of which not one complaining person, has offered any help with...in any way. I feel that with all that is going on with the government and sites such as this, we are lucky that anyone at all is willing to take the site and try to improve it, as well as move it to a new server. Now....let's say it was you....you had decided to take on BDSM Library, and make it your on. Would you want to read things from people, with only one or two posts anyway, that say nothing but...How much longer Tiger???....What's going on Tiger???....It's been three weeks Tiger??? Now, if you were Tiger...and you were trying your best to get things moved and situated and doing the best you could....would YOU want to hear all that whining and complaining? I know I sure as hell wouldn't!

Now...I am sorry for the rant Blake...and I realize that you only stated your opinion. Now I have just stated mine.

Blake
11-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Right...

Well for starters I don't know why you are sorry, so, no need to defend your opinon on mine, we have our own branch conversation, doesn't need defnding.

I always take my comments to mean the way they are, from most angles that I can percieve. Just because people have one or two posts, doesn't mean much in my opinon. Regular viewers, even writers I am assuming do not require accounts, so in a way to present their voice to a situation they consider unacceptable, they register an account and voice it. That doesn't diminish their opinon, wether they have 1 post, or a 1000 posts. It's a voice.

If you look at my post, I was refering to others, as these problems, I consider acceptable(in saying that I kind of chuckle, cause it really doesn't matter, if I didn't like it, I can suck a nut, it's not my site, but you know, community ect..), considering everything concerned. I offered a simple suggestion to quell the seemingly growing number of complaints, just a simple post every day or two, to atleast give people a sense that he's involved. Granted, anyone who doesn't think he is, is just impatient, but a simple gesture of communication helps a great deal, and if people continue to harass him, well they do. I suppose it is good that they do aswell, it helps him get to know what a feeling is from certain people(s), but those people should assume he is doing the best that he can do at all Times. One thing I figure is, people don't realize the amount of work that goes into it.

Now....let's say it was you....you had decided to take on BDSM Library,

My opinons aren't blinded to facts, and if I took over a site of this magnitude, I would post a tad bit more, to stop the complaints aimed at myself, and also to stop the apparent discomfort it is causing other members of the forum. The last thing you need is a forum attacking eachother. I doubt it would happen, but you know.

I understand on a simple level the amount of work that has to go over to this, and it is his Site now. And he is just learning how to move about through it and morph it into the image that best suits his personal agenda for this site and it's future. So, I really don't see a problem with the site itself, just the communication between the site owner and the people. And in that, nothing is perfect, and I am sure he is quite busy.

moimoimoi
11-19-2005, 09:13 PM

Hello there Katmandu!:eek:

Sory if for you my hopinion have create such harsh feeling toward me but it is still my hopinion. no amount of post did i do is of your concern that i know so please keep it in mind. Second I have a right to express myself as well as you do. third iI didnt attack Tiger here and haven't even sugest that i though he was not doing what he could with the site. I dont have the experience to help in anyway that i could think of so dont offer to do it. Simple and understandable. Seem hard for you to deduce!!!!

Maybe we will see us again on this forum, in wich case i hope you will realise i have now one more post!!!!:mad:

Bye!!

learningtopleez
11-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Hello there Katmandu!:eek:

Sory if for you my hopinion have create such harsh feeling toward me but it is still my hopinion. no amount of post did i do is of your concern that i know so please keep it in mind. Second I have a right to express myself as well as you do. third iI didnt attack Tiger here and haven't even sugest that i though he was not doing what he could with the site. I dont have the experience to help in anyway that i could think of so dont offer to do it. Simple and understandable. Seem hard for you to deduce!!!!

Maybe we will see us again on this forum, in wich case i hope you will realise i have now one more post!!!!:mad:

Bye!!

Hi moimoimoi...I'm gonna try this another way. I can't say what Katmandu feels, but it is obvious from your above post that you included some of the things I said to Blake in your answer to her. I also have no knowledge of how to help Tiger except to ask that other members of the forum, (of which you are one, no matter how many posts you have...we all had to start at one at sometime:) ), to try and give the guy a break. I simply agreed with Katmandu because you seemed to be mocking Tiger when you put "I'm sure precious time" in quotation marks in your post. I think it actually may have been just your way of speaking....so for that I apologize. I also apologize for making it seem that if you don't have many posts, that you shouldn't have an opinion. Of course we all have them (opinions) and at times they will differ. That is what makes the world go 'round imho.

Blake is correct in every way when he says the last thing we need is a forum attacking each other. So I would like to apologize to you Blake and you moimoimoi, and to any other member I may have offended with my posts.

*blushing* and quietly leaving the arena....

albear
11-19-2005, 10:55 PM
First of all, I haven't said hello to the new owner, so hello Tiger :)

And secondly, let's give the poor guy the benefit of the doubt. Yeah, it would be nice to have an occasional update on where everything's at, but chances are he's working his arse off behind the scenes to get things going. I run a forum (non-BDSM related) and it's a hell of a lot of work, I can only imagine what forum plus the rest of the site is.

I think if you'd like to know what's happening a simple "hi Tiger, how's things going, is there anything I can do to help?" will be fine. No need for a running commentary on what you think he's doing wrong. There's plenty of time for constructive discussion like that once the site is on it's feet again.

<3 albear

Katmandu
11-20-2005, 06:35 AM
Ah, the calm voice of reason! Thanks albear...and you also LTP, and you blake. All three of you have stated exactly what I was thinking/feeling at the time I posted my rant.

Actually, the way I phrased my post, was to give the negative ranters a taste of their own medicine...to let them know how it feels to be sent negative thoughts publicly. Especially towards someone who PAYS, financially, and precious time-wise towards creating this community....just so everyone in here IS FREE to express their thoughts. :mad:

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. Simply put, if you cannot or will not help (actually, being patient IS a huge help!), then don't create a larger problem, by driving insane those who are working hard in here to make this a BDSM-creative site! :rolleyes:

waterchurch
11-20-2005, 01:20 PM
I have to appluad Tiger for taking over the site and keeping it up during the transition.

I know how hard it is to run web sites as I have about 15 I manage and the ones I have forums on take almost daily work.

and to take on a site that is dynamic in its content and very high volume creates its own headaches.

I also know that if you are having problems you can keep more users by giving them feedback, than just letting the site "just run".

If you need any help getting post done or updating the code for the new server send me a shout.

Sam'sJasmine
11-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Well said Kat!

I am also tired of the negative outpouring.

Thank you!

heycarrieanne
11-20-2005, 05:06 PM
I don't think people are negative as much as they are frustrated with the lack of new stories and the lack of communication from the new owner. I don't think people should be criticized for expressing their opinions. After all, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!

Chuckdom19
11-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Tiger, I've got to say the frustration is growing. We were used to a story update every three to four days, and each included 10 or so new stories and 10 to 20 updates. Just looking at the folks who usually post, and those who have listed notes here that they are waiting for their stories to be updated or posted.

You have purchased more than a revenue source; you have encumbered yourself with an obligation to those who produce that which draws folks to see the ads in the first place. No updates, readership falls away. As I'm sure you know.

Sorry if it's tough, time-consuming, and so forth. But 13,000 plus listed members and who knows how many guests are being frustrated every day, checking the site and leaving.

And how many ads can you sell to a site without viewers?

Kallin
11-21-2005, 12:12 AM
I don't think there are many negative feelings yet. The longer we go with out hearing from you, Tiger, the more there will be. It's going to cascade...

sm4hg
11-21-2005, 01:31 AM
Well, I try to be patient, but I must admit it's getting harder by day.
Of course I know the amount of work is huge, but obviously Tiger had the time to make completely unnecessary changes here in the forum. Shouldn't he have made an update instead? :confused:
He has taken over on the tenth, has managed to update on the 13th. If my calculator is right that is 3 days. Pretty good work I'd say. But then nothing happened during the next 8 days ... :(

I guess people around here would be much more patient if they knew what's going on. Lack of conversation is always frustrating.

However, I still appreciate that he kept the site running and that he works his arse off to manage everything. A simple line to show us that he's actually doing so would calm things down. Wouldn't it?

mica
12-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Well hello there Tiger! Nice to see you again. This was one of my first forums that i joined, back even before your SSPF, HS, and AI forums. Thought i recognized Rabbit1. Contrary to popular belief, i was one of your better admins LOL. This is the best forum around and i'm glad to see you here. i hope you can devote the time to this one because unlike the others we use whips and chains over here for those that are constantly MIA :) Wecome aboard.

PS: kisssssses Powerone (i hope you get to stick around for a long time too, you're one of the main reasons i joined back in 2003 ;) )