PDA

View Full Version : Progress

Tiger
11-21-2005, 02:47 AM
Site is almost completely transferred over.
My guess is about 90% of the bugs from the transfer have been fixed.
I have about 300 emails to respond to.
I have no idea how many posts and messages I have missed in the forum.
I have a volunteer that I'm training to post stories he has generously agreed to donate his time to keep up on the updates and help me on the forum side also.
Academy will be upgraded once all of the above have been taken care of.
After that all other minor issues will be addressed.

I appreciate the patience some of you have had and I understand the frustrations others have expressed. I have spent many hours on this site already though it is hard to tell for some of you and I'm recovering from the flu and spent the last 3 days at a conference.

I should have posted sooner to let you all know what is going on. But I know updates will probably start happening daily on Monday and after that it should settle everyone down.

Katmandu
11-21-2005, 05:25 AM
*Purrs happily at the Master Kat*

*Sticks tongue out at everyone else*

drayman
11-21-2005, 08:45 AM
Kat,

Manners please???:D :D

Still it is good to hear that progress is being made and that the smooth running of the site will soon be restored.

Congrats and thanks Tiger for working at the problems, despite the dreaded 'lurgi' afflicting you.:cool:

Regards

Drayman

Eden's Girl
11-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the update, Tiger ^^

learningtopleez
11-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Sorry to hear you have had the flu....that just sucks, doesn't it?? If the Tiger needs a nurse...I just may know someone!:D

And thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to give everyone an update!:)

Kaori-san
11-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Same here, the site looks great with the new layout and everything.

Just thanks for taking the time to do it, I'm sure it must be taking up all of your time, you've done the change over so quickly.

teeny70
11-21-2005, 04:26 PM
You should all be ashamed of yourselves, because you not only WANT, but EXPECT something for nothing.

this marvelous site is unique, and must take incredible time and effort to keep up. And it's all FREE. But some of you think you have the riight to dictate to the new owner, BEFORE YOU EVEN SEE WHAT HE HAS IN MIND, just how to run his site, when to update, what sponsors to have (in order to keep the site free), and how to display his wares.

Even while he is transfering and getting the new site up, he has maintained access to the thousands of stories already posted, the indexes, the forums, etc., but you still complain.

If there are any adverse changes, I wouldn't be surprised if they will occur because of your flames and ungratefulness.

Thanks Tiger, for WHATever you decide to do for us.

Parker
11-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the update Tiger. I imagine it must be a lot of work getting things up and running after the transfer. Much appreciated.

moimoimoi
11-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Tiger you make my day.

I just can't wait to be able to finaly have some update. I'm sure the work to bring the site where you want it must be colosal and I appreciate the hard work you are doing to do so.

I hope your health problem is in the pass now. Never fun to have to deal with such thing. Keep yourself in good health as I'm sure the operation of the site will need it. You had a good idea in taking somebody to help you in this task. It will help give you some time to rest I hope.

You dont know how I appreciate the time you just take to explain what was going on. For you it only take a few minutes, but for us it let us know that (you do) work on giving us the best site (as fast as you can). It show us who dont really know how dificult such think is to be more patient anf have faith.

Thank you very much.

P.S. If it takes more times than you though to accomplish your objective, just a little word like you just do would be greatly appreciate. Thanks again and long life to those who give of themself for the enjoyment of others.

Ruby
11-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Tiger, thanks for the update.

Good blessings for a speedy recovery.

Tiger
11-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks everyone.

Our newest staff member Rabbit1 has really been helping me get a handle on things.

There will be an update of stories either tonight or tomorrow AM. It won't be huge but we will start to chip away at the backlog daily and things will get back to normal.

Eventually though I will have to implement a new admin system for managing stories the current one is extremely time consuming.

Carmenica Diaz
11-23-2005, 01:48 PM
On some sites, they have a WYSIWYG editor for authors to format their stories as they submit their work. I prefer this as, being a perfectionist bitch, I’m never happy the way others format my work.:)

You may consider that in your upgrading as it would speed the updating and keep the authors happy.

Speed is important for you, I think, as one of the attractions of BDSM Library was that it updated twice a week. That did, I think, increase the hits.

I don't post here that often but as one that posts on many story sites (some material is not appropriate for this site) I have a different perspective.