PDA

View Full Version : Why no summary for newly posted stories?

Eternal
11-22-2005, 11:23 PM
I hope it's just a glitch...

Rabbit1
11-23-2005, 09:23 AM
I hope it's just a glitch...

If You want to call me a glitch --then you are right ---I prefer to say just a newbie learing to update the system and hoping you all will give me a fair chance before busting my chops. Given my faults I am trying to get the backlog of stories caught up and hope you forgive minor mistakes--it is a hugh task as each story is very time consuming to update---a very complex system. So if you notice anything else I am doing wrong or not doing ---I would appreciate it if you would email me or PM me. I will be glad to answer any questions that I can and admit any mistakes I make.

Thanks
Rabbit1

Eternal
11-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Perhaps requiring authors to start submitting their own quick summaries would be a good start.

Carmenica Diaz
11-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Perhaps requiring authors to start submitting their own quick summaries would be a good start. There is a section on the submisison form for exactly that.

Rabbit1
11-23-2005, 10:20 PM
There is a section on the submisison form for exactly that.

yes there is and very few are using it

Eternal
11-23-2005, 11:29 PM

That really is unacceptable. I just can't imagine the owner of the site, having to go through each story, and coming up with his own introductions. If one wrote a story, it should take only a few minutes to quickly intorduce the plot. I would really suggest, that unless the author is willing to put a few sentences together, the story should be bounced back.

Ranai
11-24-2005, 03:29 AM
Hm. That's really strange. I would imagine that any author wishes to attract readers who'll enjoy their particular line of work. How better to do it than by giving the story an intriguing title, all the appropriate codes and a tantalizing synopsis?

Dear authors, if you find yourself afflicted with synopsis-writer's block, please sleep over it, and if nothing at all comes to mind ask your editor & proofreader or any other friend to do it for you?

Likewise the story codes: The more accurately you code your story, the better you'll draw the readership, and hopefully reviewers, who love and appreciate what you write.
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/stories/code_explain.php

[/writer pep talk] :p