PDA

View Full Version : Splinters from clothespins....

Phantome
12-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Have any of you ladies put a clothespin on your nether lips and gotten a splinter? How did you get it out? I think I may have one- after some play yesterday, it felt like I may have gotten one, but I couldn't see it. Now the spot is a small red irritation- not overly painful or infected, but annoying and very slightly swollen. Should I leave it alone and let it work itself out, or try picking at it? As an aside, I have no STD's that may cause an irritation like that. Grrr..I think I'm totally done with clothespins from now on.

selectivemaster
12-10-2005, 07:49 AM
you could allways try plastic

Phantome
12-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Well I know that now, :o but I've had rotten luck with clothespins in general, so I think we'll try something different next time. Right now, however, I'm looking for what to do about the splinter....I think I'll go see the gyno. I was hoping it would work itself out by now.

Prpackaged
12-10-2005, 11:13 AM
:eek:
Have any of you ladies put a clothespin on your nether lips and gotten a splinter? How did you get it out? I think I may have one- after some play yesterday, it felt like I may have gotten one, but I couldn't see it. Now the spot is a small red irritation- not overly painful or infected, but annoying and very slightly swollen. Should I leave it alone and let it work itself out, or try picking at it? As an aside, I have no STD's that may cause an irritation like that. Grrr..I think I'm totally done with clothespins from now on.

That area of the body has many wonderful conditions that bacteria love. It is warm, most opportunistic bacteria love warmth, it is moist, again a loving environment for bacteria, and it has lots of nutrients to foster growth of bacteria. Another point: there are many bacteria that grow on the skin as normal flora (one of you authors could make a pun on of that comment <G>) that would take advantage of a break in the skin in order to find an even better place to flourish.

First suggestion would be to let the place fester. The increase of white cells will help to ease the splinter out of the spot. The pussy protusion could also be lanced after it balloons to let the material evacuate the pocket. The drawback is that the hole that remains could easily become filled with more bacteria.

Bacteria that take advantage of this can create much more difficult infections.

Antibiotics are indicated if the spot swells and you see red streaks emanate from the spot.

Have a frient do the probing for the splinter. Should use a magnifying glass a the splinter can be very tiny.

What kind of reason could you tell a Doctor to explain the presence of the splinter in so proctected a place? I liked the soccer mom story just because it does bring out an area that people need to consider when they are caught at play.

Clothes pins can be adjusted. Presure on an area for extended periods of time can cause tissue damage. Tissue damage in warm moint areas can lead to opportunistic infections. Plastic pins have less splinters. Mouse traps could be used. Do not pull wooden clamps off of distended skin flaps.

Enjoy what you do or experience.:D

Phantome
12-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Thank you so much for the reply! I had my fiance poke around down there this morning, and he couldn't find anything. However, after I had cleaned it up and applied a little peroxide and Neosporin, the pain and swelling has almost completely gone away. Now it's a tad itchy, but I think that he may have dislodged whatever was down there when he was poking around. I will follow your advice and keep it super clean- thanks. Oh, and if I end up at the gyno with this, I suppose I'll tell her the truth- she's quite open-minded, and I'm quite un-embarrassed. Besides, it's not like I was eating babies or anything. :)

Barton
12-15-2005, 10:02 AM
If you do use wood ones, try using some "fine" sandpaper on the pins first. Then rub your finger on them to make sure that there are no rough spots.

The other choice is to use plastic, but beware, the plastic ones are a bit nastier than the wooden ones!!