PDA

View Full Version : Log me out!!

Barton
12-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Why does the site log me out so quickly now. It is much too short a time before the logout occurs.

compliant
12-13-2005, 04:31 AM
Thanks for that. Had to log in three times now in just over an hour. Thought my puter was giving me hell again. Now i know its not the puter at all so Thanks Barton.

Rabbit1
12-13-2005, 07:14 AM
did you clear your old cookies when the site software was upgraded---sometimes the old cookies conflict with the new software---

lex ludite
12-13-2005, 10:39 AM
I experienced the same situation for the past two to three days, but it seems to have been corrected by some mysterious counter force. Perhaps the site is also haunted these days.:confused:

Aesop
12-13-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm having the same trouble I went to post today and it timed me out before I could finish. Thank heaven for the back button. Anyway until the problem gets worked out by the ever-busy Rabbit, I have a suggestion. Open up the Quick Links/Who's Online page in one window/tab and do your browsing in another. The Who's Online page automatically refreshes itself every minute or so and should keep you from getting timed out.

Rabbit1
12-13-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm having the same trouble I went to post today and it timed me out before I could finish. Thank heaven for the back button. Anyway until the problem gets worked out by the ever-busy Rabbit, I have a suggestion. Open up the Quick Links/Who's Online page in one window/tab and do your browsing in another. The Who's Online page automatically refreshes itself every minute or so and should keep you from getting timed out.

log out and clear your old cookies for this site ---

Barton
12-13-2005, 03:08 PM
done. I will see if that works. Thanks!!

Barton
12-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Nope, still logging me out. That never used to happen, you stayed logged in untill you logged out. BUmmer. Must be a gremlin.

Rabbit1
12-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Nope, still logging me out. That never used to happen, you stayed logged in untill you logged out. BUmmer. Must be a gremlin.

are you sure you deleted all of your old cookies?---you may have to manually do this

Barton
12-13-2005, 04:04 PM
I will certainly try again.

Rabbit1
12-13-2005, 04:25 PM
for those who do not know how to clear their old cookies---using IE it is simple---up at the top go to tools ---then internet options --there is a button there to clear cookies----Be careful if you do this it will clear all of your internet explorer cookies---so you must know your login names and passwords for all of the sites you visit---because pressing this button will clear them all

I am not too up on how to do this in Firefox maybe some of the more experienced members will be kind enough to let the new members know

Barton
12-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Nope still logging me off. Gremlins. Yep.

Rabbit1
12-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Nope still logging me off. Gremlins. Yep.

system must not like you ---lol do you have the remember me box checked next to your login

I checked your setting they are set exactly like mine and I am not having the problem

Aesop
12-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Yeah I tried it too before I posted and it didn't work. I think Barton may be right. Gremlins. But I'll try again.

Rabbit1
12-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Are you using IE or Firefox---just curious---

Rabbit1
12-13-2005, 05:56 PM
for those who do not know how to clear their old cookies---using IE it is simple---up at the top go to tools ---then internet options --there is a button there to clear cookies----Be careful if you do this it will clear all of your internet explorer cookies---so you must know your login names and passwords for all of the sites you visit---because pressing this button will clear them all

I am not too up on how to do this in Firefox maybe some of the more experienced members will be kind enough to let the new members know

ok on firefox go to tools then options then privacy then click clear next to the cookies ----again be careful--if you do not remember your login names and passwords on other sites hitting the clear button will clear them all

also you may check your setting ---should be set to accept all cookies

Aesop
12-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Firefox and I clear my cookies on a regular basis. I'd say at least once a week or so. Sorry I missed the post asking for firefox help earlier or I would have put up the info myself. I'll let you know if the problem keeps up or if it goes away. Thanks for all your effort, by the way.:cool:

Barton
12-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Must be gremlins. Still having the problem, oh well.

Rabbit1
12-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Must be gremlins. Still having the problem, oh well.

are you using firefox also Barton?

Katmandu
12-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Rabbit1
are you using firefox also Barton?

HeeHee, Nope! Just middle-age! :p

Barton
12-13-2005, 09:12 PM
Kats what does a smart ass get???

No, We do not use firefox Rabbit.

Rabbit1
12-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Kats what does a smart ass get???

No, We do not use firefox Rabbit.

Strange why it picks a few members to do this too I was trying to maybe narrow it down to maybe just all firefox users ---but I use both and have no problems with either.

Barton
12-14-2005, 01:25 PM
I seems to log me out after about ten minutes. Gremlins I tell you!!