PDA

View Full Version : There seems to be some confusion

Rabbit1
12-17-2005, 09:32 PM
About the intent of these contest---we have professional writters amoung us who get paid for their stories----this is not for them----this is for the amature writter--who enjoys writting and sharing their work.

The intent is to help make amature writters better writters---

If you intend to sell your work ---do not enter it in a contest here

but if you like to share your work for free ---and you would like to participate then this is the place for you ----

This is a free site----and the stories are free--- and I hope we can keep it that way

now if there is no intrest in the contests as stated---then there will simply be no contests

the contests are just more work for me and the Mod ----so if you the members do not want it --so be it--I will simply remove this forum--and we can continue as before I mentioned it.

albear
12-17-2005, 10:45 PM
I think the concern I would have if I was intending to submit a story is that if I wrote a story now, then when I had sufficiently fine tuned my writing I extended or polished it, I wouldn't be able to get it published because it'd be on here.

And it's all well and good to say it's more work for you, but keep in mind that the members are here for you to look after and help out. If the attitude is that you can't be bothered hearing them out, or taking on board what they think then that's the attitude you'll get back. Best of luck with the contest, I remember the last one was a real cracker :)

Aesop
12-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Hi albear.:)

Please see my post in this thread: http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?p=48667#post48667

albear
12-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Thing is, the previous contests entries were submitted as stories, so by changing the format to posting it on the forum where nothing can be removed, I think less people are likely to participate. Also, that may be the "policy" but it sure wasn't the practise! And thanks for the quick reply Aesop ;)

Aesop
12-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Thing is, the previous contests entries were submitted as stories, so by changing the format to posting it on the forum where nothing can be removed, I think less people are likely to participate. Also, that may be the "policy" but it sure wasn't the practise! And thanks for the quick reply Aesop ;)

There may be less participants, but then again there may be more since the pressure is off a bit. I can't speak to the practice of the admin/mods before I showed up, I'm just letting everybody know what Jinn had decided to do and Tiger and Rabbit1 have decided to uphold. Unless you break a forum rule, the post stays up. And no problem. That's what I'm here for.:)