PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Owner?

Master Jack's pet
12-19-2005, 10:52 PM
I feel it incumbent to share this with all of you since I doubt that I will get a response from Tiger. I emailed him about my concerns about the quality of the site under the new administration.

But I have no idea if he received my email...it was intercepted and responded to by rabbit1.

So, here is the entire text of my email, followed by the entire response by rabbit1.
------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Travesty

Yes, the library has become exactly that, a travesty. Appointing rabbit as
the administrator has led to a shambles in the forums--he appears to have
the maturity of a 5-year-old on a good day. He has closed, then opened
threads while in the midst of a tantrum. He has insulted and put off some
of the finest authors the library ever had.

He has spent more time designing, then redesigning rules, than encouraging
authors and readers as well as participants in the forums. Instead, through
his heavy-handed displays, he has caused alienated more people in this short
time than I would have believed possible.

I have been a member here for a long time, albeit a quiet one. I got a
great deal of enjoyment out of reading the quality stories as well as
thoughtful comments in the forums. No longer.

I am appalled by the depths to which this site has plummeted and doubt
strongly whether I will visit again.

I hope that you will address these concerns before you alienate the rest of
the membership.
-------------------------------------------
Thank you for your feed back and have Happy Holidays
Rabbit1

Rabbit1
12-20-2005, 08:58 AM
I feel it incumbent to share this with all of you since I doubt that I will get a response from Tiger. I emailed him about my concerns about the quality of the site under the new administration.

But I have no idea if he received my email...it was intercepted and responded to by rabbit1.

So, here is the entire text of my email, followed by the entire response by rabbit1.
------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Travesty

Yes, the library has become exactly that, a travesty. Appointing rabbit as
the administrator has led to a shambles in the forums--he appears to have
the maturity of a 5-year-old on a good day. He has closed, then opened
threads while in the midst of a tantrum. He has insulted and put off some
of the finest authors the library ever had.

He has spent more time designing, then redesigning rules, than encouraging
authors and readers as well as participants in the forums. Instead, through
his heavy-handed displays, he has caused alienated more people in this short
time than I would have believed possible.

I have been a member here for a long time, albeit a quiet one. I got a
great deal of enjoyment out of reading the quality stories as well as
thoughtful comments in the forums. No longer.

I am appalled by the depths to which this site has plummeted and doubt
strongly whether I will visit again.

I hope that you will address these concerns before you alienate the rest of
the membership.
-------------------------------------------
Thank you for your feed back and have Happy Holidays
Rabbit1

it was recieved by the owner and passed on to me to handle

I thanked you for you feedback and you are well welcome to your opinion of anyone--- by posting this on the forum should I take it as a flame?

and please do have a Happy Holiday

Master Jack's pet
12-21-2005, 08:11 PM
then either the owner is incredibly rude and doesn't realize that an email deserves a reply from the person it is addressed to....or you and the owner are one and the same. either way, my opinion has now dropped another notch.

csr
12-22-2005, 09:33 AM
LOL... obviously this forum has absolutely no value to you and you should take your leave as you promised you would.

Although I'm stating the obvious, your email didn't leave any room for "concerns" to be "addressed." It merely consisted of name-calling, inflammatory accusations, and whining. What did you expect... and solicitous apology: "I'm so sorry you are uncomfortable pet, I'll replace Rabbit immediately?"

Don't let me waste any more of your time. I hope you find what you're looking for out there. And please do as Rabbit suggested and have a wonderful Christmas holiday. Send my best to your family too.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/eggsr/smilies/haveaniceday.gif

Ruby
12-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Master Jack's Pet promised to leave? No.

Does anybody actually read anymore? Or are flippant answers more fun than dealing with issues?

Do you know how many people say "F*ck you!"?
In CA, we often say, "Have a nice day!"

What's my point? Whether politcally correct or not, Master Jack's Pet has brought up some valid questions and concerns:

1. How do members of this forum contact the owner of this site?

2. Does the owner of this site read his own e-mails or pms?

3. Will he answer them or not?

4. Is he going to personally address concerns that members of this forum have (or complaints) or just pass them back to the person they are complaining about?

5. Are Rabbit1 and Tiger reallly the same person?

We can bitch and complain about how she went about asking her questions, but we don't have any answers.

And there are many ways to answer a concern about servicing this forum's members that don't involve the answer to "take a hike and have a happy holiday".

Behind the scenes, people continue to grumble, more of our members are quietly leaving. It's not all about Rabbit. However, much of it is about the lack of information, lack of action to remove stories based on author's requests and the lack of answers available.

csr
12-22-2005, 12:59 PM
...What's my point? Whether politcally correct or not, Master Jack's Pet has brought up some valid questions and concerns:...

...and my point is that a rude letter begets a rude response.

I don't disagree that people may have concerns...but an effective letter of complaint should not be offensive, and should suggest or even hint at a possible course of action for resolution. If the writer's sole purpose is to offend, then they shouldn't expect a response.

Its sad how the anonymity of the internet somehow absolves people from manners.

And I'm sorry, there may be a language barrier, but I didn't understand your "F*ck you/Have a nice day" comment.

Rabbit1
12-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Master Jack's Pet promised to leave? No.

Does anybody actually read anymore? Or are flippant answers more fun than dealing with issues?

Do you know how many people say "F*ck you!"?
In CA, we often say, "Have a nice day!"

What's my point? Whether politcally correct or not, Master Jack's Pet has brought up some valid questions and concerns:

1. How do members of this forum contact the owner of this site?

2. Does the owner of this site read his own e-mails or pms?

3. Will he answer them or not?

4. Is he going to personally address concerns that members of this forum have (or complaints) or just pass them back to the person they are complaining about?

5. Are Rabbit1 and Tiger reallly the same person?

We can bitch and complain about how she went about asking her questions, but we don't have any answers.

And there are many ways to answer a concern about servicing this forum's members that don't involve the answer to "take a hike and have a happy holiday".

Behind the scenes, people continue to grumble, more of our members are quietly leaving. It's not all about Rabbit. However, much of it is about the lack of information, lack of action to remove stories based on author's requests and the lack of answers available.

Oh I am sorry Ruby

Like Tiger I did not see any issues in the email that needed addressing ---Beside the opinion of the board design --my being human and having a temper- the opinion of how I have alienated members--and such

Basicly what person would write when their temper was up---now I may be wrong but I think it would have gotten much more attentention without the name calling---but that is my opinion---also not shown was the emails I recieve thanking me for the help I have given members when they asked for help --

This is a forum Issue---Tiger reads all forum mail and then passed them to me to handle if it is not a Tech issue.

All mail the good the bad ---I took the time to answer the mail --as I answer all email and PMs---To let them member know it was recieved and read---for some reason I though it would have been quite rude not to answer it

now Like I said ---everyone has a right to their opinion---of the board ---of how it is run ---of who runs it ---and that is just what the email was an opinion.--now I have no ill feeling toward this member --they have a right to their opinion just like I do mine---and their opinion is equal to mine. I have no problem with members expressing their opinion. I do have a problem with the name calling in the forum---not in a private email or a PM ---but it has no place in the forum.

And I do not know about what people do on the west coast now as it has been years since I was out there.

but I meant for the member to have a Safe and Happy Holiday as I do all the members here.

Ruby
12-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Rabbit,

Thank you for your quick response.

Just to re-cap. The owner reads his mail and pms, then turns them over to you to respond if he thinks its a forum issue. If it's a technical issue, he addresses it.

CSR and for those who didn't get the reference, there is an old joke - (showing my age here )

"How do you say FU in New York?

FU!

How do you say FU in California?

Have a nice day!"

The style illustrates once again that the downside of writing is one can't read the tone or intent of the sender's message.

I might say - "to your success" and really mean it.
Someone else might look at my sign off and think that I'm being flippant.

The only want to really know, is to ask for clarification and hope that the author chooses to be honest in their response.

At this moment, we have an answer to Master Jack's Pet's original question - Where is the owner?

He's reading his e-mails and pm's behind the scenes and passing them along as he sees fit.

Rabbit1
12-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Rabbit,

Thank you for your quick response.

Just to re-cap. The owner reads his mail and pms, then turns them over to you to respond if he thinks its a forum issue. If it's a technical issue, he addresses it.

CSR and for those who didn't get the reference, there is an old joke - (showing my age here )

"How do you say FU in New York?

FU!

How do you say FU in California?

Have a nice day!"

The style illustrates once again that the downside of writing is one can't read the tone or intent of the sender's message.

I might say - "to your success" and really mean it.
Someone else might look at my sign off and think that I'm being flippant.

The only want to really know, is to ask for clarification and hope that the author chooses to be honest in their response.

At this moment, we have an answer to Master Jack's Pet's original question - Where is the owner?

He's reading his e-mails and pm's behind the scenes and passing them along as he sees fit.

That is correct Ruby ---and any email I can not handle I forward to him---I read my email too---

Tiger knows if there is a problem I can not handle I will contact him---And he knows I will handle everything I can --so he has more time to take care of the Tech problems--- Opinions of the Admin is a forum problem---and I thought I handled it well enought ---not getting mad ---thanking the member for their opinion----And wishing them well

I did explain how I got the email --how the process works--Policy and Tech issues ---Tiger handles----Forum issues I handle---I have even put my email address in my signature so you can get to me quicker for forum issues--many have and all were responded to quickly.