PDA

View Full Version : New stories by Parker?

Dr. Phil
07-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Hello Parker, it's been a very long time since we communicated on Rusty 'n Edie's BBS. I happened to see a message from you downstream. In it you said that you may begin writing again. That would be terrific! I always wondered if you would ever begin writing again. I wrote a couple more stories myself, but that was it. The last one I wrote was a 10-parter that was a personal request from a woman in another forum. I *think* I posted it on BDSMLIBRARY. It was called "Francine". That was written about a year and a half ago. I'd love to write some more but I really haven't had the time. Perhaps when I retire.
I hope you do write another story. You've been my favorite author since the early 90's.

- Dr. Phil

Dr Strange
07-20-2003, 12:33 AM
And you, sir, have been my favorite author since RnE days. May I suggest that you retire immediately, so that you'll have time to write tons of new stories?

Specifically, I want sequels to Mr. Hyde, and the one about Theresa.

Dr. Phil
07-22-2003, 03:14 PM
I appreciate your comments. I wrote most of my stories in the early and mid 90's during the days of the BBS's. R 'N E was my favorite place to hang out. The two stories you mentioned were the very first stories I ever wrote. I started with `Shame on you...' and it was only going to be one chapter. Then the writing bug hit and I decided to write a sequel. Then another sequel. You may notice that I appeared to end the story several times, only to come back a week or so later with a new chapter. It wound up being 14 chapters long! Plus a `foreward' (which I wrote last).

During the six months or so that it took me to finish that story I decided I needed to get away from it so I began writing a Female sub story, which turned out to be "The Story of Theresa". I was very flattered when R 'N'E's decided to make it the banner story in the Reading Room section. It was actually in two parts and I don't recall if R'N'E posted both parts in the story room. Anyway, I finished that story FIRST, then went back and continued writing new chapters to 'Shame on you...' So even though that was my first story, `Theresa' was the first one I actually finished.
I wrote over a dozen stories in all, many of them with multiple chapters. I stopped writing around 1996. A year or two ago I was in Blondie's forum when one of the women (Francine) asked if anyone would write a custom story for her. I agreed to do it just to have a reason to start writing again. It turned out to be 10 chapters long! That was the last story I wrote. I'd like to write another one, but I've been so damned busy. Someday when I find myself with a little free time I'll write another. I already have much of it worked out in my mind. I just need the time to put it on paper.
Thanks for remembering me. (I sound like Eeyore).

BTW, Parker still remains my all-time favorite author.

- Dr. Phil

profnjax
07-22-2003, 04:34 PM
The prospect of Parker and Dr. Phil writing stories again is almost too much of thrill for adequate comment. Listing my favorite stories by either of them would go on and on. I feel like one of their tormented characters just anticipating the first new story posted by either of them . . . which will only whet my appetite and torment me further awaiting the next. UGGGHHH!

Dr Strange
07-22-2003, 09:01 PM
I saw Francine. I couldn't believe those chuckleheads at Blondie's. "This is off-topic. We specialize in humiliation stories here." Those guys had no clue that they were talking to the Grand High Poobah of the genre. I thought you were very gracious.

Anyway...

I think that several of your stories came to a natural and logical conclusion, including (and forgive me for not remembering the titles of many of these):

Hard Lessons
The Boss
a western story
a story about a female gambler
a story about goblins in the woods
The Letter (*think* that was the title)
one about a sorority girl (image of a washing machine comes to mind...

Then there were the "jam" stories like Humiliation of Jane, and... refresh my memory, please:

I remember a story about a girl named Rachel. I'm pretty sure you wrote part 2, in response to a request from Parker, in return for his writing a sequel to one of his stories, at *your* request. In fact, I had an email correspondence with Parker a couple of years ago, where he thought I was you, because no one else was supposed to remember that little quid pro quo.

Here's my question, assuming you know the story I'm talkin' about. Did you also write part 1 of that? My copy of part one doesn't include the author's name.

Anyway, in addition to the stories that came to a natural dramatic conclusion, you had several stories that hinted at things to come, like the aforementioned Hyde, and Theresa. I know you intended for the reader to use their imagination, but your imagination is waaaay more visceral than mine. That's why you need to write the sequels.

Oh, and The Trophy! How could I forget that one? Follow up on that one, too.

None of this should dissuade you from creating new characters to humiliate and debase, too. My God, man, you've got to *make* the time! And if there were ever a forum to showcase your work, this is the place.

Dr. Phil
07-23-2003, 03:26 PM
Hmmm... I see a long message coming.

First of all, yes, I did write Rachel part 2. It all started when Parker wrote "Teacher's Pet". I loved that story. Although I was into writing sequel after sequel, and chapter after chapter, Parker basically did not write sequels (excepting Stacy's Senior Year). He said that once he finished a story it was finished, and then he moved on. Well, I was a real pain in the ass in those days. Not like now. I kept after him to write a sequel until I wore him down. He told me that there was a story that he liked called "Rachel". It was anonymous and had been around for awhile so there was no way to even know who the original author was. He told me that he would write a sequel to `Teacher's Pet' if I would write a sequel to "Rachel'. I readily agreed and wrote the sequel, trying to keep it as true to the original as possible. By the way, I always make sure I claim credit ONLY for part 2, never for the original. Well, Parker kept his word and wrote "Bringing Down Pet" which I also loved and have a special fondness for, because I know it never would have happened without my being a pain in the ass.

Speaking of being a pain in the ass, I did it again in "Jane - the Obnoxious Law student". That was the original title of the "Jane" series many years ago. It was in R'N E's files as "anonymous" and only had two parts. Another author, I forget his name, took it upon himself to write a part 3. Well, I started writing him messages asking him to continue and also write a part 4 (you know by now how I like multiple chapters). We exchanged ideas and he did, in fact, write a part 4, which was great. So, what would you expect me to do? I badgered him AGAIN to write a part 5, but he wouldn't do it. He suggested that I write a part 5. So I did. In that part Jane had a younger brother named Dennis, and he was indeed a menace. I made it exquisitely humiliating, if I do say so myself :-)
You remember that R'N E's had a writers' forum (like this one) and so I began casting about for someone else to write a Part 6. Some guy agreed to do it and wrote a part 6 that was true to the story, but nobody ever sees it because I don't think it ever made it off of R'N E's and onto the internet. Some other author decided on his own to pick up the story and he also wrote a part 6, following it up with parts 7,8,9, and I believe 10. It was a nice story but he took it into a different direction, eventually making it romantic.

The western story that you mentioned was called "The Bank Robbers" and at the end of that story I added a postscript inviting anybody to write a part 2. Nobody ever took me up on it, which is wht there's a bankrob1.txt but no bankrob2.txt

Other stories I wrote that you didn't mention are "Jillian's Tale" about a yuppie Connecticut wife who goes to a hypnotist to quit smoking and, well, gets a lot more than she paid for.

My personal favorite is also the one that broke my heart. I uploaded it here. It's called "The Compound". It's about a small nation on the Ivory Coast where, for a very special price, you can have a very special revenge on very special people. I looked at maps and found a location that I thought would be perfect and created my own little fantasy nation. Well, Parker sent me a message a few months after I had posted it telling me that someone had ripped it off. I told him not to worry, because anybody who wants to use one of my stories as a basis for a sequel was welcomed to do it. He said that that wasn't the problem. This person had taken the entire story, word for word, and just changed the names of the characters. He sent me a copy of it and, son of a gun, he was right. This guy named Curt Strap took the story word for word. He changed the woman's name to "Nola Augustine" and made the compound into an island. He added a middle part where "Nola" leaves the island and is recaptured along with her daughter, and brought back to the island. The kicker is that in his story, when Nola is returned to the island she is dressed EXACTLY as she was in the first part before she left. He forgot to change that so you can see the seam where he inserted his middle part. The worst part was that he took my name off and put his own on. Well, I contacted the guy and complained. He sent me back a nice email apologizing, but he felt that since he modified it and added a new part, then he was entitled to put his own name on it. He said that that's how he did ALL of his Nola stories. He found stories on bulletin boards that he liked, modified them to be his own Nola charaters, and *poof* instant Nola series. He said he would give me credit on the Nola story but the only thing he ever did was when he posted his Nola series list of stories he credited `The Island' as "based on a story by Dr. Phil'. `Based' must mean `changed the names of the characters'. Anyway he felt justified. He also told me right out that he liked "The Bank Robbers" and was going to do a `rewrite' in the Nola series and call it "The Indians". To my knowledge he never did. In the reviews of my story in this forum some guy here said that MY story was a ripoff of a "genius" named Curt Strap. So much for the Nola series...
Anyway, sorry for my ranting. I don't write stories anymore, but the length of my messages makes up for the writing void! I hope I answered all of your questions on `Rachel" and `Jane', and I probably told you a lot more than you really wanted to know. Nice chatting with you.

- Dr. Phil