PDA

View Full Version : Why did you join this Forum?

Pages : [1] 2

Rabbit1
01-15-2006, 05:31 AM
And what keeps you coming back?

These are two questions that I would like a response to. As I am going thru member profiles to check on birthdates I am noticing a lot of what I call one day wonders---people who join for one day and never return. So I am on a quest to find out why some members do this while other do not.

Maybe thru member input we can make this a more friendly place to new members.

Thanks

:ra

submissivewife
01-15-2006, 06:35 AM
Why do I like this place and why do I keep coming back?

I started coming to this forum to learn and observe. I was very new and didn't know anything about the lifestyle. I watched, listened and learned through many people's experiences here. It wasn't until I was comfortable with myself and the people here that I started speaking up and letting people know I was here. Now I love this place.

I keep returning because I like the people and the knowledge that people have and how we can be candid and open.

Some may have signed up because it looks like what they want to do and get to know people. Then they change their minds and go elsewhere. There are many reasons I am sure that people have joined then decided not to return.

subwife

isabeau
01-15-2006, 06:43 AM
i had emailed Madlews and we got to talking on yahoo. he said that i should join this forum to learn more about the lifestyle that i am so interested in. i am married to a vanilla who will never change. i visit the bdsm library but had no idea this forum existed until Madlews told me about it. he said it would be a great place for me to interact and learn more about the Dom/sub lifestyle. i am a member of another forum, the ticklingmediaforum. and post quite a bit there. i hope to become an active member of this forum. at the moment i am slowly reading a story in which i plan on reviewing since i have been told that the writers like when you review their stories. i only joined this forum last week and hope to stick around if you will have me lol

isabeau :wave: :cheerlead :ty

subdude05
01-15-2006, 07:12 AM
Hi, i found this site many a time when i was trawling the internet but only occasionaly read one story now and then, it wasn't untill my girlfriend went home for a few months over christmas (were students living away from home) and i had some time to my self, i descovered the forums, this kept me comming back expecialy the knowledge base, theres so much in there it wiuld take days or months to read it all, i also joined around the time the site was changing, more things were being added so i came back to see what was new. I posted on the day i sighned up because i found i was comfortable with the people here, i havent started a thread yet but am tempted to so i can show off my art (i have some time off and i drew a character for mali in the role play cartoon thread and am doing more. look out for both. :bondage:

Prpackaged
01-15-2006, 08:39 AM

These are two questions that I would like a response to. As I am going thru member profiles to check on birthdates I am noticing a lot of what I call one day wonders---people who join for one day and never return. So I am on a quest to find out why some members do this while other do not.

Thanks

:clap: I came across this forum while looking for good literature with a BDSM perspective. I read and I read. Many stories met my desires. While reading, I noticed the rest of the offerings. I read through the comments and categories and found that there were many topics that gave me a chance to learn as well as some that in which I could contribute. Living in a commited vanila relationship does not give me much of an option to participate so this place has been my haven for open expression. Thanks for offering a free and open forum that allows people to learn about themselves. :kola:

shdowrnnr
01-15-2006, 10:05 AM
I originally joined to get more information on the stories that had been posted and I'd gotten addicted to. Once I got in here I found a very welcoming community and a lot of interesting posts to read. Must admit I'm more of a lurker then a poster but I enjoy being here.

babycakes
01-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi All,

Im new to this site and only got involved with BDSM in Nov 05. I was wondering if there was anyone who could offer me some advise of taking the pain of the crop and wondered how other subs dealt with the pain?

I would welcome any other advice about being a sub thats on offer

Thanx

Babycakes

X

Rabbit1
01-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi All,

Im new to this site and only got involved with BDSM in Nov 05. I was wondering if there was anyone who could offer me some advise of taking the pain of the crop and wondered how other subs dealt with the pain?

I would welcome any other advice about being a sub thats on offer

Thanx

Babycakes

X

Check in the Knowedge base subforum -There is a place to ask Subs questions ---there is a place to ask any questions ---or just browse thru the already posted information

and welcome to the forum :ra

mikoyan
01-15-2006, 03:07 PM
I like some of the ideas that are floating on here.

Barton
01-15-2006, 08:07 PM
I originally joined to gather knowladge on BDSM issues. I also have found the answer to many questions about BDSM answered here. We have a good membership base.

Ruby
01-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Why did you join this Forum?

After months of lurking, there was a question I wanted to respond to, so I joined.

At the moment, I keep coming back more out of habit than anything else. Life's busy, but I've made some wonderful friends on this forum and many of us still us PM to communicate.

I stumbled onto the forums by accident, clicking the wrong button on the BDSM Library side. I read stories there for years before realizing there was a forum over here.

In the past, I've found the members over here to be much more friendly and supportive than on other BDSM sites.

I hope that we can continue to keep that open, friendly and supportive environment alive and well into the future.

isabeau
01-16-2006, 01:08 PM
i hope to make friends on this forum i have many friends in the other forum that i belong to... i only have an idea of what the lifestyle is all about. i used to hang out in the bondage chat room, but found that there were many fakes in there....

isabeau

learningtopleez
01-16-2006, 01:13 PM
I originally joined to try and learn more about bdsm....hence the name...which has sorta stuck! I had just started in my first r/l, or any kind for that matter, bdsm relationship, and wanted to know everything I could about bdsm and about being submissive. I have learned a lot here, but I must say that r/l learning is much more pleasurable!:D

I come back for the continued knowledge....can you ever learn too much?? And for the friends I have made here. :bigkiss:

fantazmaster
01-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Rabbit 1,
These "one day wonders" may be your best source of feedback as to why they
register,visit and take a look around and then never return.If I recall correctly,they furnish an e-mail address during registration and it is possible to get at least a sampling of responses back along these lines.

As to what keeps me coming back is the many postings themselves here in the various threads,along with the correspondence that often develops from these postings.This correspondence take a variety of forms ,with replies to the posts themselves being the most obvious and most public.Then ,there are those correspondences that take place either by private e-mail for those who wish to explore or develop a topic in a more private venue.Ths desire for privacy being most true for the "newbies" who are often fearful of embarassment of one sort or another.This despite my assurances to them ,that I have seen a very high degree of support from the more experienced members.Nonetheless I do honor their desire for confidentiality.

Btw, I do get my share of one day wonders as well in the form of some real provocative teasers,who are never heard from again after I reply to their e-mail.

Thanks

Ozme52
01-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Despite the "anonimity" of the web, many people just can't bring themselves to introduce themselves. So they join but don't participate. Others... well we just can't help ourselves. LOL

Will I be a long term member? Depends on how friendly/welcoming everyone turns out to be. Here's hoping....

Rabbit1
01-17-2006, 03:48 AM
Despite the "anonimity" of the web, many people just can't bring themselves to introduce themselves. So they join but don't participate. Others... well we just can't help ourselves. LOL

Will I be a long term member? Depends on how friendly/welcoming everyone turns out to be. Here's hoping....

Well let me be one of the first to welcome you ---If you have any problems or questions please feel free to ask either me or one of the Moderators---we will be happy to help you :wel

Aesop
01-17-2006, 09:27 AM
I joined up because I saw a bunch of people into the same kind of thing I'm into. And most of the people here seemed like people. I haven't spent that much time in the internet bdsm scene, but the time I have spent had almost made me give up hope for finding human beings into bdsm out here and not one line "masters" trying to bully young girls into having sex. There is a lot of crap out there and here there isn't. I stick around because I think it's important to have save and smart havens like this for our community. I also stick around because I have a lot of fun 'round here. :D

Ozme52
01-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Thx Mr. Rabbit....

Rosie
01-18-2006, 03:16 AM
Well, I had lurked here for a couple of years, but I'm very quiet - I don't say a lot in RL, either. Then I decided I should 'support' the place where I visit so much - make myself known, if you like. I've asked a couple of questions, responded to a few of the posts, largely through politeness. I don't feel 'qualified' to advise on many of the issues here; some of the members are far more experienced than I'll ever be. Or ever want to be, in some cases!

Green
01-18-2006, 04:19 AM
I just joined this forum, and this will be my first post.

I want to be around people who think the way I do, and maybe learn a few things.

I'm feeling abit hopeless. *laughs* Ah well.

Rabbit1
01-18-2006, 04:25 AM
I just joined this forum, and this will be my first post.

I want to be around people who think the way I do, and maybe learn a few things.

I'm feeling abit hopeless. *laughs* Ah well.

Welcome Green---no need to feel hopeless---you are amoung friends --and we try to support one another---feel free to ask any questions ---if you have any problems please contact me or one of the Moderators

:wel

Rabbit1
01-20-2006, 02:17 AM
I am hoping this information will make more people feel comfortable when they join knowing they can ask questions and we are friendly here

new_kitten
01-20-2006, 02:32 AM
I was looking for information and founs your library. I thin when you are browsing the web every site ask you to join. This is the first site that I joined because it offers free information. The stories i read today are fantastic.

JustAnotherSlave
01-20-2006, 03:42 AM
I joined because I wanted to hear what about what other people were into and maybe get some ideas and learn a little more about it all. I'm new to the whole thing, as is my Master (irl of course, i'm not into the internet relations). I've been bugging him to join the forum too; he says he is going to but who knows if/when that'll happen..... lol.

submissivewife
01-20-2006, 05:29 AM
I was looking for information and founs your library. I thin when you are browsing the web every site ask you to join. This is the first site that I joined because it offers free information. The stories i read today are fantastic.

:welcomebo
I think you will find a lot of information here that will help you. If you like the the stories you may like the Short Takes Thread this is in General Talk. Hope you enjoy the Library.

subwife

submissivewife
01-20-2006, 05:32 AM
I joined because I wanted to hear what about what other people were into and maybe get some ideas and learn a little more about it all. I'm new to the whole thing, as is my Master (irl of course, i'm not into the internet relations). I've been bugging him to join the forum too; he says he is going to but who knows if/when that'll happen..... lol.

:welcomebo

Welcome Just Another Slave,
I am sure you will a lot of information here. When I first started coming to the forum I was very new as well. This place has helped with so many questions. Look around and I am sure you and your Master will find something you like.

subwife

Ozme52
01-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Why are all the bad little good submissives already taken...

Noto Bene: this site needs strikethru capability. LOL

freedom37803
01-21-2006, 12:53 AM
A friend on another site suggested I try this one as well since I liked BDSM stories and RP's.

I haven't posted much but I think it is a great site. I will continue to come back. Hopefully I will have more time to post soon. :)

submissivewife
01-21-2006, 08:34 AM
A friend on another site suggested I try this one as well since I liked BDSM stories and RP's.

I haven't posted much but I think it is a great site. I will continue to come back. Hopefully I will have more time to post soon. :)

:wel Freedom37803 I am glad your friend suggested this site. I hope you will find many stories you will like. We also have the Short Take thread in General Talk that has a lot of great short stories.

Why are all the bad little good submissives already taken...

:welcomebo ozme52

They aren't all taken Sir. If you really are looking you can put an add in the personals, I'm sure you find some to respond to your post:hubba: . Otherwise I hope you enjoy the site.

subwife

freedom37803
01-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks Submissivewife. I've already found a lot I like. :)

Rabbit1
01-22-2006, 01:31 AM
Welcome to the forum freedom37803---Glad you joined us and look forward to your posts---we also have a great role play forum just starting up be sure to join in the fun

Devilkisses
01-23-2006, 11:31 AM
I found this forum accidentally one day when I was searching the Internet for BDSM resources (info on safety, telling vanilla partners, checklists). I browsed through the library and was hooked on the stories! After that I joined the forum and was browsing, well lurking, regularly. I didn't decide to post until I found a thread about new members joining and not posting ;) So I decided to introduce myself.

I've continued to post here because I've met so many helpful and interesting people on this site, as well as all of the interesting tips. It's great to interact with people who have the same (or similar) tastes as I don't have any local friends who have minds open enough for me to broach the subject.

I've met many new friends here and have found advice so helpful that it changed the course of my relationship. This site is a truly amazing place and I'm glad I've found it.

csr
01-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Why did I join? I don't really remember, lol. Well, to be honest... how could I not? I was tooling through the internet and came across a bunch of like-minded individuals. It's nice to find people who share your "weirdness."

funtime37
01-23-2006, 01:47 PM
i found this site while looking for stories about bdsm. i have had the urge to be a domant all my life and i was looking for stories that i could read for free. while my wife knows that i read stories like this and she lets me try a few things now and then i am really looking to find some one to play with. after i started reading the stories i found the forms and post every once in a while. i stick around because of the people that post on the site i feel like i know them in some small way.

sfng4u2
01-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Liked some of the stories. Not the overly gruesome ones, just the "everybody ends up happy ones" which are few and far between.

StillBehindBlueEyes
01-23-2006, 10:00 PM
I joined because I loved the stories and the fact they were free :-) Then I decided to post some of my stuff. Mostly I wanted to see how others were dealing with this all.
I mentioned to my partner my intrest a few years ago. Egad, stupid move now it's seldom and boring. Oh well live and learn that's why I write.

submissivewife
01-24-2006, 08:01 AM
I found this forum accidentally one day when I was searching the Internet for BDSM resources (info on safety, telling vanilla partners, checklists). I browsed through the library and was hooked on the stories! After that I joined the forum and was browsing, well lurking, regularly. I didn't decide to post until I found a thread about new members joining and not posting ;) So I decided to introduce myself.

I've continued to post here because I've met so many helpful and interesting people on this site, as well as all of the interesting tips. It's great to interact with people who have the same (or similar) tastes as I don't have any local friends who have minds open enough for me to broach the subject.

I've met many new friends here and have found advice so helpful that it changed the course of my relationship. This site is a truly amazing place and I'm glad I've found it.

:welcomebo It's wonderful that you have found friends through here. I have as well. I know what you mean not having local friends who share in your tastes. This is why I love it here. I can be who I am no one judges me...well if they do too bad.:whip:

Liked some of the stories. Not the overly gruesome ones, just the "everybody ends up happy ones" which are few and far between.

Glad you love the stories we have here, so many for different tasts. We also have a Short Takes thread in General Talk if you want to read some of the shorts there. Continue to enjoy!:wel

I joined because I loved the stories and the fact they were free :-) Then I decided to post some of my stuff. Mostly I wanted to see how others were dealing with this all.
I mentioned to my partner my intrest a few years ago. Egad, stupid move now it's seldom and boring. Oh well live and learn that's why I write.

Aesop
01-24-2006, 09:40 AM

And I'm glad you decided to come out and play and learn with us.:)

ShyLadyNae
01-24-2006, 02:47 PM
I started coming here to read mostly...now as I am spending a little more time in here I find that in addition to reading, these forums help otherwise shy people (such as myself) ask questions that are too um...risque at times to ask anywhere else.
In here we aren't laughed at if we don't know something.

Dauntless
01-24-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm here mainly out of curiousity. I love all the stories, (at least the non-snuff, non-gory ones) but really have no idea about what it'd be really like. (Step 1: find new gf since last breakup) Until I get a chance to find out, lurking here for information is all I've got.

Rabbit1
01-25-2006, 03:44 AM
Welcome to all and please use our knowledge base ---do not be afraid to ask questions ---we have members here waiting to answer all questions --If you need help or have a problem with the site the moderators and I are glad to help you ---so feel free to contact us.---but most of all enjoy yourself while you are here --come back often as it is an ever changing place

MistressWhip
01-25-2006, 04:57 AM
I'm always glad to find a forum where you can exchange ideas and talk about BDSM. A place where I am with like minded people!

Aesop
01-25-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm always glad to find a forum where you can exchange ideas and talk about BDSM. A place where I am with like minded people!

Yeah I like finding groups of twisted folks myself. I love fitting in. Welcome to the forums. :D

submissivewife
01-25-2006, 10:48 AM

I like your signature!!! And you are among friend and very much like minded people. :welcomebo

sujet
01-31-2006, 04:52 AM
I joined out of curiosity and as my intro says:
As I have been trolling the library on and off for about 3 years, felt it was high time I brought myself over and joined the forums.

Now as to why I keep coming back, well this is only my 2nd day on the forums. haha I will let you know!

SpikesKitten
02-01-2006, 03:34 PM
I keep coming back because there is almost always something new. Of course, I have only been a member for a few days, but that's besides the point ;) I'm sure I'll continue to learn through here. On top of that, I feel comfortable coming here to ask questions...:)

Rabbit1
02-02-2006, 07:14 AM
I keep coming back because there is almost always something new. Of course, I have only been a member for a few days, but that's besides the point ;) I'm sure I'll continue to learn through here. On top of that, I feel comfortable coming here to ask questions...:)

Glad you feel comfortable here and I hope all the members do, thank you for your response

:ty

my5guys
02-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Because this is a lifestyle I have always been interested in. I like to hear of other people and have questions answered.

submissivewife
02-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Welecom my5guys I am sure you find much to read in regards to the lifestyle. Feel free to ask any question there are many who would love to answer your questions.:welcomebo

orchid
02-12-2006, 03:10 PM
i joined because i am always looking for more ideas and information on this lifestyle. initially it was the stories that led me here and really, that was all i had read until recently. then, just a few days ago, i decided to check out more of the forum and i like it. i'll be sticking around for sure! thank you for creating this place...i wish there were more like it.
orchid

Rabbit1
02-12-2006, 05:04 PM
i joined because i am always looking for more ideas and information on this lifestyle. initially it was the stories that led me here and really, that was all i had read until recently. then, just a few days ago, i decided to check out more of the forum and i like it. i'll be sticking around for sure! thank you for creating this place...i wish there were more like it.
orchid

Glad you decided to join ----and I hope you find everything you are looking for right here and not have to look for anywhere else.

:wel :wel :wel

tragedy3
02-17-2006, 02:19 PM
i joined this website because in the back of my mind i've always had fantasies about being tied up, forced and/or hurt before and after sex. i've always thought there is something wrong with me. i have read some of the stories here and man do they turn me on. i would love to talk to someone more about BDSM but i really dont know how to . would appreciate any help in this area as i have very little experience. forgive me , but i hardly even know how to use a computer, thank god . i was at least able to find yall.:wave: :wave:

Aesop
02-17-2006, 02:43 PM
We're glad you joined tragedy. We have a personals section where you might be able to find someone to talk to if you post an ad. If it's just information you're after you can look at the knowledge threads or start a thread of your own there asking some questions. And if all that fails feel free to contact me via Yahoo IM and I'll try to answer those questions nagging at you. :)

Tojo
02-23-2006, 09:55 PM
I joined the forum for the simple reason that I have a keen intererst in bondage & the D/s lifestyle.

I've been reading stories on the site for years, never even knew there was a forum til yesterday. I've recently started writing some bondage fiction myself & had some lovely feedback. I came here to post a story & saw the forum.

I'd have to admit I'm a bit of a forumaholic, particularly where this topic is concerned. :rolleyes:

As for why people join, then never come back- well how do you know they never come back? All forums have a 'silent majority' who lurk around, either from nervousness or laziness. Perhaps they're just 'users' who couldn't be bothered to make a contribution?

Most forums just delete them after no activity for 6 months or so. :gun:

Tojo

Rabbit1
02-24-2006, 04:15 AM
I joined the forum for the simple reason that I have a keen intererst in bondage & the D/s lifestyle.

I've been reading stories on the site for years, never even knew there was a forum til yesterday. I've recently started writing some bondage fiction myself & had some lovely feedback. I came here to post a story & saw the forum.

I'd have to admit I'm a bit of a forumaholic, particularly where this topic is concerned. :rolleyes:

As for why people join, then never come back- well how do you know they never come back? All forums have a 'silent majority' who lurk around, either from nervousness or laziness. Perhaps they're just 'users' who couldn't be bothered to make a contribution?

Most forums just delete them after no activity for 6 months or so. :gun:

Tojo

Welcome Tojo---look forward to your participation in our forums

Now to answer your questions ---I know they never come back because my admin log tells me the date they joined and their last activity ---when they are the same day and nothing farther ---that tells me they never come back
so even if they are lurkers when they log in it is considered activity.

I am hoping this thread will give new members an idea of what they can get out of their membership here and they will continue to come back

nymphy
02-24-2006, 10:21 AM
I joined yesturday because the site seems friendly and educational. I hope to join in the discussion when I have something worth saying.

Aesop
02-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Howdy nymphy. Welcome to the Library.:wel

submissivewife
02-25-2006, 06:06 PM
:welcomebo<---my Welcoming committee. Welcome to the forums nymphy.

I joined yesturday because the site seems friendly and educational. I hope to join in the discussion when I have something worth saying.

Rabbit1
02-25-2006, 07:00 PM

Welcome to the forums nymphy:wel :wel :wel

Unregistered
02-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi to all:

in short, I've been a reader of the BDMSlibrary for some time, without feeling a need to comment to most. The stories were not often recent posts, & I didn't think the authors would be checking back... But I recently noticed a new post, "Pickup" in January, by one of my favorites, that is to say, Splyf. I'm fond of the humor, the recurring characters he or she works into the Dolcett universe. (Ah, you say, another snuffer!) Anyway, I was hoping that perhaps Splyf checked in here once in a while, & I'd like to let him or her know that I composed a verse version of the recent story (posted elsewhere.) I'd just like to pass the word.

petit_g
02-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Okay, I seem to be having technical difficulties...
but I'm the last "unregistered..."

Trying again...

AnubisFTN
03-06-2006, 02:18 AM
i chose to join for a sense of community, chance to share ideas/techniques, and for me to ask questions...

Tojo
03-06-2006, 03:14 AM
Thanks Rabbit- another reason I spend a bit of time on kinky forums, is that no matter how inexperienced you might be, there's always someone who knows less.

I may not have a dungeon full of slaves, but I have some experience of D/s play & I know a lot about human relationships.

I hate the thought of people who come on a site, go into 'contacts' & say 'I'm a gorgeous 19 year old female student, with no brain & no experience. I'm looking for some weirdo to come around & kidnap & abuse me.'

I like to try & encourage people to think for themselves, to urge a little restraint & play safe.

I'm also somewhat 'old' & have been around- I know something of the world & the people in it. If I can help one person to avoid making a mistake I've made, my work is done.

Tojo

Ozme52
03-06-2006, 03:21 AM
...I hate the thought of people who come on a site, go into 'contacts' & say 'I'm a gorgeous 19 year old female student, with no brain & no experience. I'm looking for some weirdo to come around & kidnap & abuse me.'

I like to try & encourage people to think for themselves, to urge a little restraint & play safe.

Dammit man, quit that!!! What's a weirdo supposed to do now? :rolleyes: LOL

Aesop
03-06-2006, 05:40 AM
i chose to join for a sense of community, chance to share ideas/techniques, and for me to ask questions...

Ask away. We've got some pretty helpful folks around here.

Aesop
03-06-2006, 05:49 AM
Thanks Rabbit- another reason I spend a bit of time on kinky forums, is that no matter how inexperienced you might be, there's always someone who knows less.

I may not have a dungeon full of slaves, but I have some experience of D/s play & I know a lot about human relationships.

I hate the thought of people who come on a site, go into 'contacts' & say 'I'm a gorgeous 19 year old female student, with no brain & no experience. I'm looking for some weirdo to come around & kidnap & abuse me.'

I'm also somewhat 'old' & have been around- I know something of the world & the people in it. If I can help one person to avoid making a mistake I've made, my work is done.

Tojo

It's so hard to be a weirdo these days. . .sigh. Ah well, guess I'll just have to stick with being a pervert. :hubba:

Seriously there are too many guys out there willing to emotionally and physically wreck a woman just to get their rocks off. Good to know we've got another guy 'round these parts that don't put up with that nonsense.:gun:

Tojo
03-07-2006, 04:21 AM
OK- the real reason is there's some people here with a sense of humour.... :hubba:

Not sure where mine was when I made that last post? :)

Tojo (two guns)

Ozme52
03-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Nah, all you said was good... I just have a hard time resisting the occassional(?) humorous quip.

At least you've got to feel accepted now... not ignored. LOL

(there I go again...)

Lorelei
03-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Hi!
I'm Lorelei. I joined to have a place to ask my silly newbie questions and gain a few new friends.

Aesop
03-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Howdy Lorelei. Welcome to the forums.:wel

katie_21
03-10-2006, 10:53 PM
I joined because I'm a very curious person....and it normally gets me in trouble lol. So far so good though. :)

Lorelei
03-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Howdy Lorelei. Welcome to the forums.:wel
Thanks for the welcome.:ty :wave:

Captain Blood
03-19-2006, 07:42 AM
I joined because I have been frustrated in my search for kindred souls. Being Dom by nature is a tough road to follow. People without knowledge perceive Dom's as being power and control freaks. It is not like that at all. It is like walking on thin ice though. You need to lead by example and gain the respect of those who would want to know you gradually. It is also hard to filter out the weak of mind and spirit. There is nothing so disappointing as spending hours and hours getting to know someone only to find out they are a not truly who they pretend to be.

* This only applies if your fantasy meets reality

concretesub
03-21-2006, 12:28 PM
I joined because I want to interact with others like myself. I stay because this place seems to have less Doms that get so wrapped up in being Dominants/Masters that they forget to be people.

A salute to Y/y'all.

subdude05
03-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Welcome concretesub, its true everyone helps everyone here, doms help subs and vice-versa.
Welcome again and feel free to post any questions, were all frendly here

Tojo
03-21-2006, 03:14 PM
I stay because this place seems to have less Doms that get so wrapped up in being Dominants/Masters that they forget to be people.

You sure said a mouthful there concretesub!:)

Well put- that's a niggling thing I find on some sites, the 'I am Dom- hear me roar' sort of person.
We must never forget we are dealing with people, we're not actors playing a part. We're all people, with feelings & different needs- whether Dom or sub.

Tojo

submissivewife
03-21-2006, 05:32 PM
:welcomebo Welcome Concretesub....hope you enjoy.

Ozme52
03-21-2006, 07:44 PM
You sure said a mouthful there concretesub!:)

Well put- that's a niggling thing I find on some sites, the 'I am Dom- hear me roar' sort of person.
We must never forget we are dealing with people, we're not actors playing a part. We're all people, with feelings & different needs- whether Dom or sub.

Tojo

:rolleyes: Yep <<== click (http://www.reelclassics.com/Audio_Video/Quotes7r/mgmua_lionroar.wav)

Aesop
03-21-2006, 09:11 PM
I joined because I want to interact with others like myself. I stay because this place seems to have less Doms that get so wrapped up in being Dominants/Masters that they forget to be people.

A salute to Y/y'all.

Yeah we are a pretty realistic bunch. You won't see a lot of the normal net crap round these parts. Welcome and have fun.

Sklaventreiber
03-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Why I joined? Because I wandered in and read a story I was intigued and decided to join.

Will I return? Depends on the reception I receive by others and whether or not I find it "ALL" worth while. As I am sure I will.

Tojo
03-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the forum Sklaventreiber. Hope you have a good time here.

It's not such a bad place- I'm pretty new myself & no one's slapped me... yet. :)

Tojo

Aesop
03-22-2006, 08:17 PM

It's not such a bad place- I'm pretty new myself & no one's slapped me... yet. :)

Tojo

Yeah we don't slap until we really get to know you. Welcome and have fun Sklaventreiber.

submissivewife
03-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah we don't slap until we really get to know you. Welcome and have fun Sklaventreiber.

Except in Aesop's case he bites.....(still haven't seen the shot records)

:welcomebo Sklaventreiber hope you enjoy!

Ozme52
03-22-2006, 11:04 PM

Tojo

Gee Toj, I didn't realize you went that way..... :hubba: :rolleyes:

Sklaventreiber
03-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome, I will do my best to be actively involved but some days I will be here at night and others during the day, I also have other interests so I may not be here at all for a while. I have already read quite a lot of postings and am surprised at the openess of the posters it's a good thing...

VixeyandPhoenix
03-25-2006, 08:10 PM
We did a google search for bondage forums and this was the most attractive of the first page. We liked what we saw from our intitial glance at the site. We think that we have outgrown our last adult forum. People there seemed more interested in flirting than having something interesting to say, it was all about post count equalling popularity. That being said, we fit in better with people who live the lifestyle rather than people who live online. While we may not spend a lot of time here, we hope that what we contribute will be appreciated by all and we are certain that we will enjoy what we gain here.

Camellight
03-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Hi, I am new to the site, and I've actually never really been on forums before. I joined because people here openly talk about topics that intrest me, an avenue that i haven't found anywhere else besides the internet. I hope my ignorance about forums doesnt piss anyone off, but i think if im just polite it shouldnt be a problem here:)

Sklaventreiber
03-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi, I am new to the site, and I've actually never really been on forums before. I joined because people here openly talk about topics that intrest me, an avenue that i haven't found anywhere else besides the internet. I hope my ignorance about forums doesnt piss anyone off, but i think if im just polite it shouldnt be a problem here:)
:welcome:

You should enjoy the forums.

I am curious as to why you would think we would some how be pissed off...if anything, we welcome your input, and are happy to help you grow in your interests.

Ozme52
03-27-2006, 11:07 PM
That's what makes this forum work. We all seem to be more interested in the subject than in creating some kind of clique. I've joined a few forums that were clique-bound.

Here, no one minds going over the basics with people new to the forum nor with people new to the lifestyle.

It's comfortable here.

Welcom camellight.

gloombunny
03-28-2006, 02:30 AM
...because I'm so desperate for a dom that I'd do anything in hopes of meeting the one for me. *blushes*

That goal notwithstanding, though, I'm still rather enjoying the place. :)

Tojo
03-28-2006, 02:44 AM
Well all the best of luck Natalie, hope you find one as nice as me!
Or as evil as me if you prefer....:hubba:

Camellight, you're doing fine- a forum is just like a bunch of guys & cute girls getting together, asking questions & getting to know each other.

Hang on- it is a bunch of guys & ......

Enjoy.

Tojo

slb_b2000
03-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Helllllppp everyone? I am a newbie to the lifestyle and trying to understand this wonderful Man I met online, and we are 900 miles apart although it doesn't feel like it when we are on the phone. Anyway, I am trying to get over the jealousy I feel when he talks about his past experiences with women. He feels like I am judging him and is upset and I being new am trying to not make him feel that way? Help me, I am sick to my stomach that he is so hurt, and how can I make him understand?

subdude05
03-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Welcome slb_b2000, here you will find lots of usefull information, feel free to ask any questions in the forums, im sure someone can help.

Good luck finding what you are looking for,

Subdude05

bad_duck
03-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Well i joined to learn. you see my girlfriend and i are very intrested in bdsm and want to learn safe ways to proceed in the experiance. can you give us any pointers.

Bad_Duck

Aesop
03-29-2006, 09:40 PM
We can try. What kind of pointers are you looking for?

subdude05
03-30-2006, 04:18 AM
Welcome, Bad Duck, i know of lots of threads in knowledge base and general talk that deal with safety and rough guidelines, and theres loads of stuff for and by people who are new to the scean.
Good luck and most of all have fun.
Subdude05

little_rose
03-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi,
Just wanted to reply to the original question-
I joined the forum cuz i was looking for fiction on the net, which i found in the extensive library, yay;) But, in doing so, I somehow stumbled across the forum. I don't post much at all, but i love the fact that loads of people do, and also there are some regulars who contribute loads. It's great that there is a whole wealth of topics and obviously lots of interest in it;0
I keep coming back- because I have not found another place where people are so open about their sexual tastes, and where it is OKAY to be different, and explore that difference. I love it here.

submissivewife
03-30-2006, 08:38 PM
little_rose I am glad you are comfortable here. I too took a while on getting around to posting much here but have been having fun since I decided to go for it.....I love it here as well.

Tojo
03-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Helllllppp everyone? I am a newbie to the lifestyle and trying to understand this wonderful Man I met online, and we are 900 miles apart although it doesn't feel like it when we are on the phone. Anyway, I am trying to get over the jealousy I feel when he talks about his past experiences with women. He feels like I am judging him and is upset and I being new am trying to not make him feel that way? Help me, I am sick to my stomach that he is so hurt, and how can I make him understand?

Easy girl- this stuff is meant to be fun! Just slow down & get to know him a bit, before jumping right in.

If he doesn't like you being jealous, maybe he shouldn't talk about other women??

If you want to know things, you'll have to give us a bit more information & ask specific questions. All relationships are different, regardless of what the so-called experts may say. You just have to find what works for you- that's something you have to work out with your new chap!

All said & done, it's not worth getting sick over. :wave:

Tojo

EnolaGay
04-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Just to see what other people are "into" im new to the whole community. And didnt realise there were names for subs and dommes. And that certain things I like were fettishes. (sorry about my spelling its awful) So im a bit too innocent when it comes to talking about it, im hoping you guys will be kind and patient.

Tojo
04-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi & welcome EG- thanks for introducing yourself.

I'm sure there's a few patient people here, just ignore the ones that aren't.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, or PM likely people, we're all learning.

Enjoy.

Tojo

submissivewife
04-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Just to see what other people are "into" im new to the whole community. And didnt realise there were names for subs and dommes. And that certain things I like were fettishes. (sorry about my spelling its awful) So im a bit too innocent when it comes to talking about it, im hoping you guys will be kind and patient.

:welcomebo Welcome to the lifestyle EnolaGay. Don't be afraid to share your fears and ideas. Many are here to help you out and answer your questions.

Ozme52
04-01-2006, 11:31 PM
No worries EG. I'm sure before too long you'll become comfortable here. If you've looked around, there's not a lot of impatience here, so join in. Before too long you'll be "dabomb" here. :rolleyes:

EnolaGay
04-02-2006, 02:47 PM
I like the "dad joke". :)
I had a flat mate called Bertie Basset but we had to chuck him out becuse he was up to....
allsorts!
That was my dads favorate joke for a long time, it makes me smile.

subdude05
04-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Welcome EnolaGay, dont worry about your spelling, mines awfull too.

Have fun

Subdude05

_ID_
04-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Joined to learn more. simple as that.

HDuesler
04-16-2006, 10:31 PM
I came to this forum because I am pretty new to the lifestyle and I am trying to educate myself. It also helps to see I am not alone. I see a lot of myself in many peoples stories. I could also use some one to talk to who understands my thoughts and feelings as well as who will give me sound advice.

Tojo
04-16-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm all ears HDuesler, PM me anytime you want- :wel

Tojo

submissivewife
04-17-2006, 04:56 AM
:welcomebo HDuesler and IDCrewDawg- don't be shy there a many here who are very willing and able to answer your questions. Enjoy!

Aesop
04-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the forums folks.:)

ticklish
04-22-2006, 06:26 PM
I joined to learn more about this lifestyle. I had heard of it before, but never really understood it. I keep coming back for the online friendships.

Tojo
04-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Welcome ticklish- yes those online friendships can be reallll nice. :)

I've been interested in this stuff most of my life, & still don't really understand it!

Hope you have a great time here. :wel

Tojo

Uncle_Ed
04-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Hi!

In the words of the Bishop:

I'm here to let my altar ego run loose.

cariad
05-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Why did I come in the first place - because Uncle Ed kept talking about the place.

Why have I stayed - because he has made it past 150 and I have not. I am not going to let him have that one over me. And having a lot of fun in the process.

Krafty
05-11-2006, 02:22 PM
I joined to learn more. Not sure I want to go real time, but exploring like this I think I can handle. Hope this helps

cariad
05-11-2006, 02:50 PM
I joined to learn more. Not sure I want to go real time, but exploring like this I think I can handle. Hope this helps

It was lovely to meet you in the chatroom Krafty, and we all look forward getting to know you better, and maybe sharing experiences as and when you are ready.

Play safe, be true to yourself - and remember you can always say NO!

cariad :wel

Silke
05-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Hiya Krafty :wel
Nice to meet you! Hope you find something interesting while you're here - it sure is a nice and safe place to explore.

Silke

submissivewife
05-11-2006, 03:57 PM
:welcomebo Krafy hope you enjoy as you explore.

Aesop
05-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the forums Krafty.:wel

Avarice
05-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Hiya! I joined this forum a few times... Chickened out a few times... And now I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stay :3

I'm in a relationship with a guy (he didn't TURN me from lesbianism, I just ACCIDENTALLY became attracted to his dick... and him <3) who I'm very much in love with. We're getting married just as soon as we get our house, in fact!

It's because I felt like I was cheating on Creature that I kept leaving, but I am very much into BDSM and he is only to an extent... But I don't want to force my fetishes on him when he's not ready/comfortable, so I figured that this would be a safe and friendly place to at least discuss it =) The people here seem very warm and funny, which is beyond awesome.

I'm rambling, sooo... In a nutshell... I came here to roleplay, chat, and make friends :)

Silke
05-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Hey Avarice, I'm glad that you finally decided to stay with us...:wave:

he didn't TURN me from lesbianism, I just ACCIDENTALLY became attracted to his dick... and him

lol, I love that! *big grin* How can you accidentally become attracted to someone's dick, I wonder? :D

Good to know you like the company here - we are a friendly bunch! See you around, Avarice! :)

His_pita
05-14-2006, 07:12 PM
I joined awhile ago because my Dom sent me the link. He really liked the intelligent post that dealt with issues of D/s on here. I'm a message board junkie and believe you can't have too many. Plus, this happens to cover many of my favorite topics. ;whip :erotic3: :gag: :pd

Warbaby1943
05-18-2006, 04:25 PM
I came upon this site quite by accident. I signed up more out of curiosity than anything else. At the time I was struggling with a personal question in my life dealing with BDSM tendencies. I decided "what the hell, no one knows me here so I'll be as honest as I can and ask a question." Well it was mentally easier to post a question than I thought it would be.

What keeps me coming back is the honesty in replies and the ease at which other members have in making me feel welcome. They are friendly people and, I believe, sincerely want to help out. They have not made me feel self-conscious about anything and I appreciate that. Another reason is I find I certainly am not alone in some of the feelings, desires, emotions, and problems I have because of my interest in BDSM.

Had I had a friend whom I could have sat down with and discussed my issues with I probably would not have stumbled upon this site. I'm glad I did and I plan to use it as often as I can.

Thanks for having it available.

submissivewife
05-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Welcome Warbaby....we try to provide a welcoming atmophere. Hope you enjoy.

bobm1
05-18-2006, 10:12 PM
hi, my name is Bob. Recently i met a woman online into BSDM, need some tips to make her happy, during cyber-sex also want to meet other women onlinev to share with.bobm14220@ yahoo.com.

Aesop
05-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Howdy Bob and welcome to the forums. We have lots of information here and a personals section to help you find that special person. :wel

Silke
05-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Hi there, Bob and :wel to the forums! I'm sure you'll find some interesting people here...and LOTS of information on what makes a woman happy. :D

Enjoy!

submissivewife
05-19-2006, 02:53 AM
:wel: Bob...hope you enjoy yourself here. I am sure you will find lots of info...if you have questions don't be afraid to ask. There are plenty of people here willing to give advice.

azurite
05-21-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm new to all of this. My husband and I have been "playing in the shallows" of bdsm for a while now - most of our relationship actually and I'm interested to know how other subs feel, are treated, and how they keep their self-esteem.

Silke
05-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Hiya azurite and :wel to the forums! :)

Interesting questions you have...I'm looking forward to the discussion already.

submissivewife
05-21-2006, 04:46 PM
:wel: Hope you enjoy the forums. If you want to know some experiences or know what some of subs do, act, or feel please pose the question...either in Knowledge Base or My BDSM Life. Just let us know exactly what you want to know and some of us would love to share.

Subwife

I'm new to all of this. My husband and I have been "playing in the shallows" of bdsm for a while now - most of our relationship actually and I'm interested to know how other subs feel, are treated, and how they keep their self-esteem.

Ilfyr
05-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Simply enough, to learn. And I was one of your one-day wonders that you described, mainly life became extraordinarily hectic, even for me. But I'm back now! :284:

Mainly I am here to learn, as while not confused, I know very little about the mechanics of BDSM.

So I guess this would be the proper hello!

submissivewife
05-22-2006, 05:38 PM
:welcomebo Ilfyr, glad you came back. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Warbaby1943
05-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Welcome Warbaby....we try to provide a welcoming atmophere. Hope you enjoy.
Thanks and I have so far.

shins
05-23-2006, 09:26 AM
I joined this morning, so i havent had time to know if i'm staying or leaving, lol. I can give a little insight based on other forums that i've joined in the past where i was a one-hit wonder.

Some of us that join these sites are nubs, and its intimidating at times to take that plunge. In my case, i'm admitting my sub tendencies, and after 33 years of a different way of thinking, its not the easiest thing to do. Some sites do not make a person feel welcome. Its frustrating to go through an introduction post, fill out profiles, and receive zero feedback, even if it is just a quick 'Hi" or "welcome". I'm very happy to say that this is not the case here. Thanks Aesop for the welcome greeting.

I realize that i have the responsibility to get involved if i want to be involved. Communication works this way, and this will never change. It's just discouraging for some to join a forum like this to be around like-minded people only to find out that there is an 'elitist' feel from the members. I'm not saying that this place is like this, and from browsing some of the kind responses, it isn't , but i've felt that experience in other places.

Others are probably looking for the 'hookup'. They hop on, figure they are gonna find someone kinky to play with, and when it doesnt immediately happen, they jet. (Yes, this is me on previous forums in the past, lol.)

So, why did i join?

To share with people in this lifestyle. I hope to learn more, and i hope to eventually develop actual friendships with some of you.

What will keep me coming back?

A feeling of acceptance from the other members.

Just my 2 cents :)

Aesop
05-23-2006, 09:38 AM
I know exactly what you are talking about. Believe it or not I almost left this forum back when I joined. The things you are talking about were the norm here then. I posted my intro and eight days later I finally got a response. I thought about just finding somewhere else to go, but the potential of this board was huge and something inside wouldn't let me let it go so I spent the next little while driving everyone crazy with threads and posts trying to drum up some action. That was in November. Over 2000 posts later I'm beginning to see this place as a home away from home and have made some wonderful friends.

I hope you will feel comfortable here discussing your newfound self and I know that we have many members that will happily answer your questions and listen to your concerns.

Again welcome to the forums. :)

Silke
05-23-2006, 02:49 PM
This is wonderful feedback shins...I'm so glad you've found this forum a welcoming and warm place so far. And from my own experience it really is. I haven't got any experience with too many other forums to be honest, but when I joined not too long ago, it was like a revelation. I was in desperate need of people to share my newfound kinks with...to find someone to assure me that it's ok how I feel.

I've found all of it and more and I kept coming back because I've never met such a nice, helpful and accepting bunch of people anywhere, probably not even in r/l.

I really hope you'll find this place to become a home to you as well. Welcome! :)

MrDom
05-23-2006, 04:12 PM
well I am new to the libaray browesed the form as a guest and liked what I saw so I join up. Been out of the loop for awhile. Had a friend that got me back to the lifestyle. she is very novice to the lifestyle but got me back to a life i love. this place is perfect place to be. hehe and great people here

submissivewife
05-23-2006, 05:22 PM
:wel: Glad you decided to post! Yeah, we don't bite....well, most of us don't. What out for the fox...he still hasn't shown my his shot records yet.

CuriosityKills
05-30-2006, 02:10 PM
I came To learn and I come back to learn more. lol.

submissivewife
05-30-2006, 07:05 PM
:wel: You picked a great place to do that Curiosity!

the_wanlorn
06-03-2006, 12:00 PM
I've been reading the stories here for a while, and decided that I wanted to learn some practical stuff.

I'm also going through a periodic ":'( I'm looooooonely" phase, and figured I might meet someone here. =P

submissivewife
06-03-2006, 12:04 PM
:wel: if you are actively looking post a personal. I'm sure you will find someone of interest through there.

the_wanlorn
06-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Oh, I'm considering it, but I'm trying to get a feel for the forum itself first. I'm a skittish little bugger like that. ;-)

submissivewife
06-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Oh, I'm considering it, but I'm trying to get a feel for the forum itself first. I'm a skittish little bugger like that. ;-)

lol we all are at times....hell me, I am all the time.

caitlynmariecd
06-07-2006, 03:13 AM
I am 53 male crossdresser. My interest in BDSM has been present as long as I can remember. I used to fantisize while watching scary movies about being whipped, hung, crucified, suspended, burned at the stake, beheaded. Crossdressing came later.

I hope to share my stories. Especially my first experimentations when I was 14 as I successfully suspended myself in the basement. My first wife dommed me and we had a good collection of toys when we divorced.

submissivewife
06-07-2006, 03:27 AM
I am 53 male crossdresser. My interest in BDSM has been present as long as I can remember. I used to fantisize while watching scary movies about being whipped, hung, crucified, suspended, burned at the stake, beheaded. Crossdressing came later.

I hope to share my stories. Especially my first experimentations when I was 14 as I successfully suspended myself in the basement. My first wife dommed me and we had a good collection of toys when we divorced.
:wel: We hope you enjoy your visit with us...word of caution though, we don't allow underage stories here. But looking forward to reading your stories and experiences

Silke
06-07-2006, 08:05 AM
:wel to the forums caitlynmariecd...I'm looking forward to reading your stories and hope you'll have fun here! :)

congo jack
06-08-2006, 03:23 PM
have been a BDSM fan since i can remember, am 20 now, but when i was 15 had a MSN Messenger mistress, she gave it up for a "normal" life when i was 17. loved it but didn't really get into the scene, came here to see more and more importantly learn more, Congo Jack

Ozme52
06-08-2006, 03:59 PM
As it is currently incarnated, this is about the friendliest forum I know of. JUst look at some of the newer members... who have only joined this year....

Silke has over a thousand posts already and she only joined in February. That doesn't happen in a place where 'noobs' are ignored by the old-timers or where people tend to be cliquish...

Silke
06-08-2006, 04:00 PM
:wel to the forums congo jack! I've found this a great place for learning and finding new friends - hope you will, too. :)

Silke
06-08-2006, 04:02 PM
lol, Ozme...I keep saying it...it's the games! I'm addicted. But yeah, never felt out of place since the day I joined. :)

Iacli
06-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Hey,

why I joined - I had an image in my mind of a scenario I'd like to play, but it was in a submissive role. Since I usually play dom, all the people I usually game online with are subs. So I googled around a bit and found out that this forum has an RP section. Then I came, registered, and posted my topic. (So far nobody has replied in it, hint hint ;))

Why I keep coming back? Well, I don't know if I do keep coming back. After all, I only found this forum a couple of days ago. This does seem like a nice place, though, so maybe I'll stick around. :)

submissivewife
06-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Hey,

why I joined - I had an image in my mind of a scenario I'd like to play, but it was in a submissive role. Since I usually play dom, all the people I usually game online with are subs. So I googled around a bit and found out that this forum has an RP section. Then I came, registered, and posted my topic. (So far nobody has replied in it, hint hint ;))

Why I keep coming back? Well, I don't know if I do keep coming back. After all, I only found this forum a couple of days ago. This does seem like a nice place, though, so maybe I'll stick around. :)

:welcomebo Well we hope you contiue to stick around....Thanks for posting, we do encourage that....and have fun too.

emerald
06-12-2006, 09:34 AM
I joined to check how a story I edited was doing in the 'ratings'. I had to join to be able to see the story and it's ratings.

I liked what I saw - and decided to keep coming back.

Thanks for providing this outlet for erotica writers!

Ozme52
06-13-2006, 12:51 AM
emerald. Are you going by the same name over at Literotica? Have we 'talked' over there. Needless to say, I'm attracted to all things emerald...

...plus redheads, brunettes, and blondes. But that's it. No one else. LOL

emerald
06-13-2006, 09:13 PM
emerald. Are you going by the same name over at Literotica? Have we 'talked' over there. Needless to say, I'm attracted to all things emerald...

...plus redheads, brunettes, and blondes. But that's it. No one else. LOL

I go by emerald in all the writer/editor forums - but in Literotica, they had me use 'Masters gem' as my author name as there was an 'emerald' already there. So, my stories are under 'Masters gem', but I signed them 'emerald' and use the enslavedsincemay email. I use both on all my stories - just have to remember to login to Literotica as Masters gem... or it won't let me do anything! haha

I think I've only spoken to a few in there - when I first submitted my stories. Can't remember the IDs though.

Silke
06-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Hiya Flyfex and :wel to the forums! I hope you'll find this a friendly place where you can talk openly and meet some great people. Enjoy! :)

Uncle_Ed
06-20-2006, 12:45 PM
I joined because I've never talked about this subject with anyone :) :)

Could be because you're not old enough?

I'm sure you'll be welcome when you are.

frankee
06-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi
i found the link to this site on a link that showcases erotic stories. i thought it would be a great place to learn and educate myself, to become a better sub for my Domme. i have read quite a few of the posts and seems to be a very welcoming and friendly place.
i hope to make some good friends here.

Silke
06-20-2006, 01:31 PM
:wel frankee...nice to meet you!! :)

cariad
06-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Ill be back when im old enough :)

goodbye..

Flyfex is currently 16 years old, and therefore not old enough to be part of this forum. Having had to ask him to leave chat, I have spoken to him on yahoo and he is sincerely interested in our lifestyle. He has read extensively on the 'net, and with exams now behind him he eager to start turning his reading into gentle practice.

No trolling!
cariad

Calmandcollected
06-20-2006, 11:08 PM
I joined the site looking for answers and support. I wanted to know there are other people like me. I think you get a lot of one day wonderers because you have to register to see what the site is all about.

Silke
06-21-2006, 06:08 AM
:wel Calmandcollected and thank you for the introduction. If you're looking for friends to share with and support you have found the right place...there's a lot of information on this site and a caring and fun community to team up with. Hope you like what you find here and stay longer than a day...:)

jennjenn
06-22-2006, 05:53 PM
i joined this forum because noone was talking to me in chat that evening .... i have found it very interesting and helpful... and just reading everyone's posts have made me feel as though i have met them already

maddie
06-22-2006, 06:59 PM
jennjenn, that's a fabulous reason! I'm glad to see you here and I hope that you'll enjoy the forums just as much as the chat room.

cariad
06-22-2006, 11:02 PM
i joined this forum because noone was talking to me in chat that evening .... i have found it very interesting and helpful... and just reading everyone's posts have made me feel as though i have met them already

jennjenn, lovely to see you around here as well as in chat!

cariad
06-22-2006, 11:07 PM
I joined the site looking for answers and support. I wanted to know there are other people like me. I think you get a lot of one day wonderers because you have to register to see what the site is all about.

Well here is hoping that you will not be a one day wonder - or even a one week wonder.

This is a great place to come for answers, support and to be with people who understand and accept this extra side to life which share. Look forward to seeing you around......and love the nickname!

cariad.

cariad
06-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey,

Smiles - we think it is a nice place too!

And just to encourage anyone.....Iacli's role play suggestion is 'Abandoned .slave boy up for grabs' and can be found at http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5133

Curious George
07-04-2006, 05:16 PM
I joined because I know from other lifestyle choices that online forums are often an indispensible way to gain knowledge, and knowing nothing really of BDSM this was an obvious step to discovery. I felt the need for more information at this point in my life because dom/sub behaviour has arisen somewhat naturally in my relationship and I don't see it as a temporary status, so there's an attitude of "If you're gonna do it, do it right".

As for the "one day wonders", well this is just my personal $0.02 worth: I don't think for one moment that it's a negative comment on the friendliness of this site. I would suggest that since the advent of the digital revolution and the internet, there is a globally developing sense of curiosity which can be fed/satiated by a few well chosen mouse clicks. For those with a small appetite, one day may be sufficient; for those with a genuine thirst/hunger for something more spicy, there is a greater tendency to linger. Additionally, they may just be (potential) Trolls, I'm sure you have/have had these types here, they're fairly ubiquitous (IME)

cariad
07-04-2006, 07:05 PM
I can think of no better starting point than something which arises naturally, and am very excited for both of you. Hopefully, you will not only linger, but let us share a little of your journery with you.

Trolls - what are they????

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4842

smiles
cariad

Avralivia
07-05-2006, 07:52 AM
I joined because the man that im err *with* loves erotic stories too, id always used literotica for stories, and after reading a few stories here i saw the link to the forum, and after peeking in, thought it would be fun, and informative and i was right! :)

His ex gf has written two amazing stories for this site, i think thats why im stuck on writing mine, i feel its too much to live up to :(
But i shall try to overcome that obstacle.

I look forward to posting and reading into the future :) and getting to know u all better xx

Avralivia
07-05-2006, 07:53 AM
*shakes her fist at trolls* grrrr

Curious George
07-05-2006, 10:48 AM
I can think of no better starting point than something which arises naturally, and am very excited for both of you. Hopefully, you will not only linger, but let us share a little of your journery with you.

Ok, I guess that is what people do here isn't it?

TBH I can't remember really how we got into this mindset, but I think things probably started to crystalize the day my fianceé (who is a bit of a newshound) sent me this link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4996410.stm

Up until then I used to give her the occasional (fully clothed) playful spank, but the news item became an 'in-joke' for us, to be candid it did seem a little amusing (apologies to anyone who may think it offensive, it is not intended to be) and we'd refer to each other as Master and slave from then on, all this of course done with a fair bit of humour and much love.

In the past few months I have grown to like the little bits of sub behaviour she displays, all the more so because she is educated, independent and not at all 'needy' ( in the manner of Brigette Jones), so sub behaviour would seem to be the antithesis of everything she has striven for in recent years (plus she did study feminism at University though her interpretation has never been the sterotypical man-hating philosophy we hear so much about). Likewise, my background has been something of that of the "modern man" which tends to preclude dominant behaviour, so I'm still working on letting go of that.

Since I joined the forum yesterday it occured to me that I should make more of a concerted effort to 'take up the mantle' and develop a stronger Dom-style behaviour. In a phone call today I did this, somewhat pushing the envelope verbally. My fianceé's responses were very encouraging, with no prompting she referred to her future with me as being one "in service" there was no tongue-in-cheek-ness detectable, which makes me want to push the envelope futher this weekend (we only see each at weekends as we live over 100 miles apart)

All of which adds up to a very exciting prospect for the beginning of our married life (July 21st) :)

wingsofanangel
07-07-2006, 09:01 PM
His ex gf has written two amazing stories for this site, i think thats why im stuck on writing mine, i feel its too much to live up to :(

Here is something to remember: "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. "

Don't let a little intimidation hold you back.You owe yourself and him more than that... I am sure your stories will be amazing.

Sera (anya)

cariad
07-08-2006, 12:02 AM

Have you thought about signing up to the writers' block? http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33

I would appear to be a safe and private space where you can discover and develop your unique writing skills. With all that reading you have done, I am sure you have some great ideas and an intuitive feeling for what makes a good story.

Please don't be held back by what someone else has done - your writing will never be the same as hers - it will be different, since it comes from YOUR imagination.

cariad

cariad
07-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Since I joined the forum yesterday it occured to me that I should make more of a concerted effort to 'take up the mantle' and develop a stronger Dom-style behaviour. In a phone call today I did this, somewhat pushing the envelope verbally. My fianceé's responses were very encouraging, with no prompting she referred to her future with me as being one "in service" there was no tongue-in-cheek-ness detectable, which makes me want to push the envelope futher this weekend (we only see each at weekends as we live over 100 miles apart)

All of which adds up to a very exciting prospect for the beginning of our married life (July 21st) :)

WOW! How exciting for both of you - particularly since you seem to be well on the way to your master's in psychological Domination.

Hope you have a wonderful day on the 21st!

cariad

poetic_justice
07-11-2006, 03:22 AM
Good evening,
I joined this forum because I am interested in BDSM, both as a sexual practice, and as a lifestyle. I have experimented with bondage and submission since I became sexually active, and I enjoy it deeply. I want to be able to make an educated decision if I decide to turn my enjoyments into a permanent lifestyle, and from what I've read, this seems like an excellent place to learn about it. I am deeply interested in all areas of human sexuality, and have been studying it privately for years. My personal interests in BDSM come through in my art work, and my experiences on this forum, as well as my sexual practices, may help to further my art also. There are deeper reasons, there always are, but I cannot really put them into words at this time, its more an intense devouring feeling, that there is something deeper inside of me that needs to be released. I hope this forum can help to feed my curiosity. Thankyou.
- poetic_justice

submissivewife
07-11-2006, 03:24 AM
Again welcome Poetic...hope you enjoy the forums.

Silke
07-11-2006, 05:53 AM
Hi there poetic and :wel to the forums. And yeah, it's a great place to learn and share. Enjoy. :)

dzire2pleeze
07-11-2006, 02:03 PM
[COLOR="Purple"]You know, Rabbit, I don't think you could make it anymore friendlier than it is. I am a submissive, who was made to feel right at home. The people who stay, join in on the forum and participate in the chat over and over again are all warm, caring people. they have substance. they have depth.

Why concern yourself with "one-day wonders?" They are usually the ones that are playing games anyway. Wannabe Dom/Dommes or submissives, who are looking to have fun for a night.

Well it is relatively easy to be awesome for one hour or one day, it is much more difficult to sustain that endlessly. Especially when it is not who you are in the first place. Those are the people who do not return. Why sweat it!

Even though that does not answer your question, i just had to say it./COLOR]

dzire2pleeze
07-11-2006, 02:06 PM
now really imaginative people will envision the color purple in my last post when they see the words "color purple"

submissivewife
07-11-2006, 07:06 PM
LOL dzire2pleeze.....you are most definitely welcome here...don't worry, I'm quite imaginitive....lol

dzire2pleeze
07-12-2006, 06:41 AM
~smiles~ thanks subwife. i enjoy the posts both you and your sister make. everyone (for the most part) here is so much fun.

switchboy
07-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Like some of the others here I can't say that I "keep coming back", since I just joined!

However, I am finding I need a place to hang out and be among people with similar interests again. I used to do a lot more online chatting and so forth several years ago but a lot of those friends have slowly but surely stopped being online as often to the point where I'm missing the friendships and conversations I used to enjoy.

I have been visiting this site to read the stories for a while now and thought it looked like a fun place to post and become a part of, so I signed up. I'm hoping things work out well and that I'll meet some new online friends and just generally be among like-minded people whom I can talk with.

switchboy

Timberwolf
07-12-2006, 04:46 PM
I can honestly say I haven't read a single story here (even if that is why the site was reffered to me) yet, though I'll probbaly get around to it.

I've been looking for a good forum on the subject, and this seems as fine as any. I suppose simply because it is nice to be part of some sort of community of like-minded people.

Jim
07-12-2006, 05:05 PM
i joind this site to learn .. to better understand who i am and what i like ..
i am always looking for new ideas to put me more in control .. i am dominate by
nature and want to stay that way .. looking here to learn more about how i can be a better person .. while not loosing my identity ..

submissivewife
07-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Switchboy, Timberwolf, and jim....you are all welcome to the forums thanks for posting and taking advantage of the forums....continue to make yourselves comfortable here.

flybunnygirl
07-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Well I just joined this forum. Curiousity I suppose. But perhaps I should be careful as curiousity killed the cat right? Any hoo I'm here and I will probably stick around for a bit.

Warbaby1943
07-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi flybunnygirl and :welcomebo Anyone who uses any hoo has got to be OK in my book. Stick around and join in the fun.

flybunnygirl
07-22-2006, 03:43 PM
hehe thanks! I think Ill actually make a post and introduce myself a little here. Give you some back ground on me.

YourThrone
07-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Why concern yourself with "one-day wonders?" They are usually the ones that are playing games anyway. Wannabe Dom/Dommes or submissives, who are looking to have fun for a night.

That is so true! I've joined few BDSM forums with one-day, one post wonders and each of those people are more into getting their jollies off than actually learning about BDSM. I joined this forum purely by accident, stumbled upon it and so glad I did. I'm basically looking to interact with people who are into this lifestyle, Get different viewpoints,diversed opinions on certain matters etc.

Highbury93
07-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Hello I am new here. I am an eighteen year old male who lives in England. I joined because I guess I am curious. I doubt I'll post much, I'll probably be a lurker.

Warbaby1943
07-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Well highbury93 welcome anyhow even if we don't hear much from you. You can have much more fun by joining in on the conversations. Try it, you'll like it.

YourThrone
07-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the forums Highbury,It's much more fun joining in on the discussions and posting but, as long as you have fun, That's all that counts regardless.

dzire2pleeze
07-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi Highbury. I interrogated you tonight in chat and think you're a fine young man. Lurk and learn. ~smiles~

As you have already learned we are a friendly bunch.

katie_21
07-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Cause all the cool kids were doing it.....

debbieh
07-27-2006, 05:46 PM
This forum in particular? Cause it was the first one on my Google search... well that and the fact that I've always been interested in BDSM and where else do I go but the internet to express myself fully...:D

YourThrone
07-27-2006, 08:12 PM
Welcome to the forums Debbieh, Hope you enjoy yourself.

Argie Slave
08-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Hello!

I joined in order to find more people interested in the same lifestyle I am. I hope to learn a lot here! :-P

maddie
08-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Argie Slave, I'm sure you'll find all sorts of useful information around here. There are some very wise people here.

sweet&shy-submissive
08-05-2006, 12:14 PM
i want to meet new people interested in the same things i am and want to learn so much more about this amazing lifestyle...i can hardly wait:bigkiss:

Timberwolf
08-05-2006, 12:21 PM
i want to meet new people interested in the same things i am and want to learn so much more about this amazing lifestyle...i can hardly wait:bigkiss:

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll find plenty of like-minded people here.

His Slut
08-05-2006, 12:21 PM

Thanks

Well, I hope that I will NOT end up being one of the one-dayers. I joined because my Domhubby is a member and we are exploring *ahem* new things. As I've recently found out, I am a bit of a sub...comes from my very strict up-bringing, I think.

As for coming back...I'm still on day one, so I'll have to keep you posted on that one!:wave:

wistan
08-08-2006, 07:14 AM
I was a long time reader of the stories, and tried writing a few myself. I was intensely curious as to whether they were any good or not, from a literary standpoint (I have a long standing fantasy of being a professional writer). I joined up to post my work so I could find out if people liked it.

I found the forum whilst idly exploring the site. I was rather shocked to find that other people like me really did exist, so I hung around to see what kind of things went on here.

BeautifulOblivion
08-08-2006, 07:34 AM
I'm looking to get more involved in the lifestyle and I found this by searching out a bdsm erotica site. I saw that it had forums and after browsing for a little bit, I thought this community seemed very close-knit and helpful. =) I discovered that it would be a great place to start my exploration and get some insight and get a lot of my questions answered. And so far, I love it here. =) I don't feel afraid to ask questions (Although I haven't quite yet). Everyone just seems so nice and helpful! =)

maddie
08-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Woo! Yay for more Texans on the forums! *waves at BeautifulOblivion

I'm glad y'all are enjoying the forums!

melissa_luvsu
08-08-2006, 08:14 AM
Hi All,

Just to say I have been writing a story for some months now and I finally finished it in the last few days. It's called Pagan Princess and is about the life a Saxon girl who raises an army of warrior women. She falls foul of the occupying Roman army in ancient Briton. Something is not quite right in how it is presented as the words seem to go off the page and the illustrations can't be seen. Perhaps someone here knows what the problem is? If so please let me know.

Many thanks.

Melissa

Ozme52
08-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Try PM'ing Rabbit1.

Welcome to the forum melissa

MajesticFae
08-09-2006, 08:57 AM
I joined simply because I like people. =) It's interesting to get to know people of all different walks of life. As BDSM will hopefully become a part of mine, I figured I should get to know the people in it... not merely the superficial characters in the stories I am so addicted to.

I also joined with the hope of learning more about the lifestyle and in hopes of gaining a caring Master who can teach me how to better be myself. I'm open to new things and will try almost everything once.

So far, this place has been very good to me and I'm enjoying my time here a whole bunch. =) I've found a whole slew of new friends and I've only been here for a day! =) *jumps up and down and claps* Woo Hoo!

master 327-834-200
08-09-2006, 11:23 AM
I joined out of curiosity.

I stay because the people are knowledgeable and bizarrely for something so impersonal the is a real warmth to the site. If that is ever lost then it will not keep me active.

dzire2pleeze
08-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Greetings Fae and Master (numbers) - this is a great place to learn. It's also a fun and interesting site. Everyone here is warm and caring and especially helpful. Welcome to you both.

karnautrahl
08-13-2006, 11:52 AM
I've joined because I enjoy nice perverse stories and look for the wilder variations on a theme of humiliation and bondage. I've got my own unique mindset that I intend to contribute over time, though being summer I'm often busy fucking our motoryacht or my Trans Am-however come the cold weather it will be back to stories and online perversion :-). I also joined as this seems to be one of the best sources for stories and tips on writing my kind of stories around :-). Btw, when I mean fucking a boat-I ain't kidding-it does take some time however.

maddie
08-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Hello karnautrahl! Welcome to the forums! :hihi:

His Slut
08-13-2006, 03:36 PM
*squeals in delight*

Good Lord, Maddie! Are those your shoes?!?!?!?!?! Love 'em!

maddie
08-13-2006, 07:17 PM
They were, yes. Thank you! I'm rather fond of them, myself.

<--- These? Not my shoes. Not my feet. Move along, people. Nothing to see here.

Ozme52
08-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Maddie? Are you ticklish between the big toes?

karnautrahl
08-14-2006, 12:37 AM
Thank you Maddie ;)

Smoke's-Slut
08-18-2006, 08:21 PM
I joined after searching for BDSM sites to get more knowledge and understanding of the life. I also felt I may find things that I may never dreamed of enjoying or wanting to try and I would be able to share those with my Sir. It is my desire to give him pleasure and I felt by having more knowledge I would be able to accomplish that. I also found this to be a very friendly forum with a lot of information. There are many different walks of life here and nobody is judgemental. I have been coming back because I am learning and I enjoy getting to know the members through their posts.

cookiecat
08-18-2006, 09:25 PM
i've been reading stories in the library forever when one day i accidentally got into the forums. maybe it was fate? i'm at a point where i feel like it's time to do something about these crazy subby thoughts i've had forever (life's just too short) and this forum just lured me right in. :) thanks to all who have been very welcoming.

i've only been here a short time. i joined the academy first then started lurking in the forums about 2 months ago. an on-line d/s relationship seemed (seems?) like a safe place to start the journey. this forum has been very welcoming, fun, & oh so interesting. not to mention just a little addicting.

cookiecat

maddie
08-19-2006, 05:53 AM
Maddie? Are you ticklish between the big toes?

Possible answers:

1. No.
2. Would you like me to be ticklish there?
3. Isn't everybody?

LadyK
09-10-2006, 11:39 AM
I joined the forum because I am a NEWBIE! After dating my guy for some time it dawned on me one day that he wanted to be tied up. Gee..the guy had been hinting about it for a long time so I went out and got some chain and restraints and when he saw what I did he was like a kid with a new toy. My next thought was....O.K....where do I go from here? Spanking?...O.K...I can do that...then what? I needed advice so here I am. WHY DO I COME BACK? Because the members are very helpful and caring. I gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to be here. Thanks.

Ozme52
09-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Possible answers:

1. No.
2. Would you like me to be ticklish there?
3. Isn't everybody?

LOL maddie, :rolleyes:

Ozme52
09-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Welcome LadyK.

Aesop
09-10-2006, 12:50 PM
I joined the forum because I am a NEWBIE! After dating my guy for some time it dawned on me one day that he wanted to be tied up. Gee..the guy had been hinting about it for a long time so I went out and got some chain and restraints and when he saw what I did he was like a kid with a new toy. My next thought was....O.K....where do I go from here? Spanking?...O.K...I can do that...then what? I needed advice so here I am. WHY DO I COME BACK? Because the members are very helpful and caring. I gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to be here. Thanks.

Yep, we're always very willing to help with spanking...err I mean advice on spanking. :D

Jaeger
09-21-2006, 09:30 AM

Thanks

I had been reading stories on the site for ages before I even noticed the forum. Just thought I'd join and spread my own particular brand of kink.;)

I admit I don't post as much as I probably should, but what I find is common (to a lot of forums actually) is that there is a certain group of people who all know each other and tend to dominate conversations. It's just a little intimidating sometimes.

Silke
09-21-2006, 03:55 PM
:wel to the forums, rora...I hope you'll soon feel comfortable and safe enough to start joining the discussions and the fun here. It's a great place and very welcoming...and a lot more fun if you take the plunge and jump right in. Whenever you're ready...:)

Jaeger - hell yeah, I understand how this can be a little intimidating. When I came here, all I did was play games for a bit, read the threads and never felt I could get a foot in the door - everybody seemed to know each other! I probably would have stayed lurking for longer, but someone asked me to be a mod, lol. I *had* to become more active then. And you know what? After I started posting to some of the threads, the rest came naturally...

Being a little shy, it took me a while to come out of my shell, and what helped me at the time were the warm and friendly reactions of the regulars here. I was a complete newbie (and not only to the forums, lol) but never felt that anyone was looking down on me. That's what made it so easy to open up. :)

Is there anything that would have helped you to feel more comfortable with joining in the discussions? I love to meet new people here and if there's anything I could do personally to make it easier for someone starting out as a forum member, I'd love to hear it. :)

Ozme52
09-21-2006, 04:52 PM
I had been reading stories on the site for ages before I even noticed the forum. Just thought I'd join and spread my own particular brand of kink.;)

I admit I don't post as much as I probably should, but what I find is common (to a lot of forums actually) is that there is a certain group of people who all know each other and tend to dominate conversations. It's just a little intimidating sometimes.

It's kinda like swimming Jaeger. If you just jump in you'll find how much fun it can be. Yeah, you might get a little water splashed at you from time to time, but no one here will hold you under. LOL

Welcome back. Stay awhile this time. ;)

cariad
09-21-2006, 10:33 PM

Oh Jeager, please do join in! This really is not a closed shop, and you might be surprised at how new some of the people are here. No group has any wish to dominate conversations, but if they are the only people who post, it is what happens by default.

I had a friend, aka Uncle Ed, who nagged me into starting to post here. And I ignored him for the same reason you have just given. But I did start reading his posts and following what was happening here. Then a thread appeared that I just HAD to have my say in, I lingered with that thread for a while, and then another one appeared and so on.....

Please do feel welcome here - 'cos you are!

cariad

RickBulow74
09-24-2006, 01:13 PM
In reading this thread, I keep asking myself why I keep returning again and again to these Forums. After giving it some thought, I came up with an answer as to why I do so.

To me, this lifestyle is interesting and intriguing to learn. Before 1996 when I did the paper I did not know anything like this existed. Even when I did the paper I only had VT experience but not RT and my studies waned after I did the paper. Then toward the end of August I was talking to a friend of mine on MSN and for some unknown reason the discussion turned to BDSM. I told her I did the paper and she encouraged me to continue my studies. she recommended this site to me, and when I first started reading the forums, Academy, and the Stories I wanted to learn more.

I know that being in the lifestyle means different things to diferent people, but I would be interested in what the BDSM lifestyle means to them.

cariad
09-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Yes - this has just moved from Introduction/Welcome.

For two reasons really - to stop people accidentally posting introductions in it -which is kinda logical since it is in that forum - but also to encourage more of the regulars to post. We would love to know why you keep coming back - the coffee isn't that good, and neither are the cookies - soo?????

cariad

maddie
09-25-2006, 03:30 PM
*sniffles*

But I spent a lot of time baking those cookies....

cariad
09-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Yes - but that was last month! We want some fresh ones!

maddie
09-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Well, why didn't you say so?

cariad
09-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Thank you maddie!

*cariad does cartwheels around forums celebrating the fact that there will soon be yet around reason to be hanging around here*

Sir_G
09-25-2006, 10:04 PM
*Helps himself to some of Maddies lovely cookies and a cuppa.*

This is one of the few forums I have been involved with, where you can post an opinion and not get flamed out of existance.

The people are friendly and always have good advice. The story page is only a click away and the encouragement when you actually write a story from those that bother to read them is worth its weight in gold.

The instructors in writers block are excellent. *winks at Ruby*

I have also had the joy of making some very good online friends here, although I would like to get to know some of you better.

I understand Jaeger's comments and even after 400 or so posts I feel like a newbie trying to fit in. But if you never try, it will never happen. The fate of the free world does not hang on whether I get a favourable repy to a post, though at times it does feel like it. Lol.

It is always difficult without the benefit of body language or facial expressions to interpret what people are thinking when they post and I've had the odd experience that left me feeling, not so good. It is important therefore, to temper all your online activities with commonsense and not take things to heart. Life will always go on outside these forums.

cariad
09-25-2006, 11:23 PM
It is always difficult without the benefit of body language or facial expressions to interpret what people are thinking when they post and I've had the odd experience that left me feeling, not so good. It is important therefore, to temper all your online activities with commonsense and not take things to heart. Life will always go on outside these forums.

Holding my hand up, as one of those once responsible for once leaving you not feeling so good. Not proud of the occasion, but quoting it as an example which I hope will benefit other people.

The incident actually happened in chat, but without the benefit of body language, and with the benefit of some odd things happening on the night we changed servers, what I innocently said, and to continued to say having no idea of the effect my words were having, was hurtful to you.

We continued talking, unaware that we were at cross purposes, until to me, you suddenly declared how upset you were.

A big big thank you Gregsta for saying that, it enabled us to have an adult, although emotional, exchange to explore what had happened, and what had gone wrong, and what we both actually meant when we said what we did.

Although it was mutually painful at the time, I feel it is was a prime example of how things can be resolved through honest communication, and the plus side to the whole incident is that I feel I know you so much better.

Proud to be able to call myself one of your friends
cariad

RickBulow74
09-26-2006, 02:29 AM
The reason I come back is for the fellowship, and also the learning among like-minded people who enjoy the lifestyle and what they do. The cookies and coffee are just bonuses, thoguh I gotta tell ya I love to eat and if I were to scarf down on the cookies, then now would the newbies who are just coming into the Forum get any?

TomOfSweden
09-26-2006, 03:01 AM
I had written a series of stories and I was to say the least terrified about publishing them. I joined in order for me to feel safer about it. Yes, quite an irrational reason, but the truth.

I keep comming back because this place has a very sharing a loving atmosphere which I hope I am contributing to. There is a depth of knowledge in the members that I value a lot. Having command over language is extremly important when discussing sensitive subjects. This is not the only BDSM comunity I'm a member of but the ease of communication here quickly made it my favorite. I think I'll be comming back for a long while.

Thank you Rabbit1 and everybody who have made this forum what it is.

maddie
09-26-2006, 06:11 AM
I must admit that there have been times I considered leaving and not returning, but they are few and, each time, I realized that it would be very difficult for me to leave here.

I understand what Gregsta meant with trying to feel like I fit in. That's always been something I struggled with and here is no different. I ultimately decided to just plunge in and make people accept me, posting and being nice until they finally gave up. ;)

The online world can be intimidating. And, on occasion, I'm reminded of a short story I read that involved a woman who got into an online relationship with a guy. They started having cyber sex and she finally felt compelled to meet him. Against his wishes, she traveled to see him and found out he was a computer-generated artificial intelligence program. I'm not convinced all of you are real, but I'm sure most of you are.

The acceptance here is what got me to stay originally. The friendships I've developed keep me.

AdamPowers
09-26-2006, 07:52 AM

Damn... I was going to explain how I signed up to stalk someone on the site.

err.... a friend referred me.

In reality, the members of this site are extremely friendly, encouraging, helpful and you should all find it's a wonderful place to just hang out to chat and learn. Share that with your friends and I'm sure you'll find this site will continue to grow.

- Adam

Mr. Mojo Risin
09-27-2006, 07:22 AM
i'm just here trying to figure out what my wife is talking about, she seems to be really interested in trying some stuff and she's to damn shy to just tell me what she wants!

cariad
09-27-2006, 07:53 AM
Well this is a great place to be for that - and you might also enjoy reading some of the stories together and sharing your reactions.

cariad

JimmyJump
10-08-2006, 02:48 PM
I was just looking for a good erotic stories site. Since I'm inclined to like BDSM stories more than other erotic tales, I parked my bike in front of yer shop...

I found others, but here the overall quality is better than average, so I keep coming back ;)

JJ

skyjockie
10-11-2006, 07:39 AM
I'm here to learn. I'm fortunate enough to have a sub that's become my slave and nothing seems to be off limits for her, but she's also my best friend and burises easy. I've never hurt her, but then we've stayed pretty vanilla. I think we're ready to up the stakes a little and I want to learn how to proceed without doing anything perminent other than a few rings.
Just looking at the pictures of all the bound subs it looks like neetness counts.

buzzy
10-11-2006, 12:33 PM
why did I come> then why come back? My Mistress wanted me to, I don't know if some desire of her's knowing I like to get cheeky online, then she will have reason to have a discussion with me?? (I can only hope). or to see how I respond. I stay here, because I enjoy the interaction with people in this lifestyle. We are social creatures and seek out others like minded. We find comfort, joy, humor and a sence of belonging. take care to rabbit and all

seriouslynosn
10-16-2006, 08:11 PM
I came here to find people "like me". I'm not exactly sure what that means, since I came here in search of something I've never had...but I'm starting to think I'm sniffing up the right leg. *giggles to self*

I'm hoping to gain the knowledge and courage to find me someone irl to share my desire to submit completely to him. I think the academy has the power to get me there. yay! I'm excited to be here.

~hellish one~
10-19-2006, 05:45 AM
i was referred here by someone i'd met at another site. at first i was a little intimidated, but only because i am really shy. i honestly can't think of anything off the top of my head that would make new users not want to come back, unless they realized that BDSM isn't something they were looking for.

this site is filled with tons of wonderful welcoming people. so it's definitely not the regulars that are running off the new folk! i know once i was able to get over my initial shyness and actually start posting in threads and visiting in chat, i was surprised at how nice everyone was! minxy is a doll and was the first person to actually welcome me to the site.

i know i haven't been a member here for very long, but i've made lots of good friends in that short time...and have had a lot of fun, both in the forums and in chat. ~grins~ it's official....i'm an addict! so yeah, i'll keep coming back because of the great people. another thing that keeps me coming back is the Forums/Stories. it's easy to get caught up in reading the stories...and even easier to get caught up in the forums!

TheDeSade
10-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Interesting question. Probably one that I should ask myself. Good thing I stumbled on this thread as I was exploring the site.

I am not a novice writer. In fact, I teach managerial communications and research methods and writing in the business college at the local univeristy. So writing in and of itself is nothing new to me.

Most of the writing that I do is technical or professional writing. A whole different aspect of writing than fiction, especially erotic fiction. I am quite skilled at the functional mechanics of writing. Grammar, spelling and the mechanics of publishing a scholarly work or a research report or even a business plan are the tools of my trade.

What I do want to polish and enhance is my ability to write fiction, especially erotic fiction. This presents a different set of skills that need to be enhanced. Things such as plot development, character development, pace, continuity, and, of course, the language to draw the reader into the story line and make it seem realistic.

I am a great fan of science fiction. I would like to try my hand at creating a series of book length works based in some science fiction setting.

I understand the work that a really good piece of prose requires. I also understand that I have a lot to learn and a lot to practice. I am hoping that I can find here some help with constructive criticism and suggestion as I work on improving this part of my craft. So, please bear with me as I practice on you all.

Oh, you can also look for some of my erotic poetry. I will try to post my first works online tonight. I have been writing erotic poetry for years and have never had a real outlet until now .

Thanks again . . .

TheDeSade

dzire2pleeze
10-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Greetings, DeSade, and welcome to the forums. I am confident that you can hone your skills here in the fiction genre. Looking forward to reading your work.