PDA

View Full Version : A Note to Jinn -

Diamond_A
07-15-2003, 04:51 PM
How can archived stories best be accessed?

According to the stories page, there are now 1,769 stories in the BDSM Library archive but I am finding it difficult to find individual stories.

Usually, when I look for a story, I want one in a particular genre: such as bondage, chastity belt, slavery, etc.

However, since the website redesign, there's no way of calling up stories by genre.

If I recall correctly, before the redesign, searches for stories could be made two ways: 1) by searching for words in the story synopses or 2) by searching for codes in story code lists.

Maybe someone can suggest a better way of searching for stories.

If not, I would like to see the webmaster reinstate those two search options so the archives could be searched for stories I would like to find and read.

Tiger
07-15-2003, 05:13 PM
The search options are all still there. I just moved the search box to the top of pages. Click on the "advanced search" link will bring you to the search page with code list.

Diamond_A
07-15-2003, 06:29 PM
Jinn -

Thanks for the prompt reply.

You're right. I found the 'advanced search' option at the top of the stories page in the far right-hand corner, above the gray bar. However, it is not capitalized and sits beside a 'Search' box for Story Title/Author/Synopsis which I took it to mean that the Story Title/Author/Synopsis Search was the advanced search.

I wonder if others might have thought so too.

Having found the 'advanced search' (with your help), I tried it and found it excellent, allowing the search for (Yes) or avoidance of (No) different types of stories as classified by codes.

Well done. I know I'll find something interesting for tonight.

Tiger
07-17-2003, 01:26 PM
I put the "advanced search" in bold type. Hope that can help.