PDA

View Full Version : Forum Reorginization

Aesop
01-30-2006, 08:43 AM
The mod team has been kicking around the idea of reorginizing the forums for ease of reading. We had a few members telling us that the format we have now is kind of run together and hard to follow. This is the format we've come up with-but we'd like input from the board at large before we do anything final.

Category: Forum Management

Rules
E-mail Confirmation\Membership Activation
Birthdate In Your Profile
Site Announcements
Comments/Suggestions

Category: Community

Welcome/Intro
General Talk
My BDSM Life
Knowledge Base
Personals

Category: Reading And Writing

Author's Place
Critic's Circle
Story Feedback
Story Ideas
Other BDSM Stories
Story Contest
Role Play
Sexual Fantasy

Category: Pictures

The Picture Threads

So what does everybody think?

Rabbit1
02-03-2006, 06:44 AM
so far no suggestions ---so I guess on Feb 15th we will close this thread and figure it is ok with all the members ---as I also see no comments

submissivewife
02-03-2006, 07:27 AM
I am surprised that no one has a suggestion on the forum reorganization...at least to say they agree.

goodlilcowgirl
02-03-2006, 06:30 PM
I like the new organization plan :)

SpikesKitten
02-04-2006, 07:22 AM
I like the re-organization plan is really good, but I have one small question/suggestion...:)

The picture threads, maybe we should split them up into sub categories? Not sure exactly what they would be. They are absolutely fine now, it's just odd to me that there is only one thread under the Pictures Category, and that is "The Picture Thread"...If it's one thread, couldn't it just fit under Community?

Just a few little broken thoughts. But like I said, overall, the re-organization plan looks great! *Two thumbs up*

Aesop
02-04-2006, 02:11 PM
I like the re-organization plan is really good, but I have one small question/suggestion...:)

The picture threads, maybe we should split them up into sub categories? Not sure exactly what they would be. They are absolutely fine now, it's just odd to me that there is only one thread under the Pictures Category, and that is "The Picture Thread"...If it's one thread, couldn't it just fit under Community?

Just a few little broken thoughts. But like I said, overall, the re-organization plan looks great! *Two thumbs up*

Thanks and Community sounds fine to me. I did some digging after I read your post and found out that the picture threads were seperate because they were only for registered users. Now that the whole board is like that I don't see a reason not to put them somewhere else.

Aesop
02-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Update:

It looks like we are going to have more than one forum in the pictures category so I don't think moving them is going to be required.:)

Ozme52
02-05-2006, 10:19 PM
Not my place to say one way or another. I'm a relative newbie. I will suggest you keep the kernal/code the forum currently uses. If you note a dropoff of use, go back to the original formats.

Ozme52
02-05-2006, 10:22 PM
BTW, I've noticed that in some of the threads, like this one, I can't go back to edit my own post if I realize I miswrote or even if I merely wish to reformat my thoughts a bit.

I'm only looking for a 5 minute window of opportunity.

sujet
02-08-2006, 04:49 AM
Aesop, I have been spending a lot of time trolling through the forums before I commented here.

I am officially caught up now :)

The reorganization of the forums looks awesome. I like the organization and thought that went into it. I do have one small thought.

A section specifically set up for good writing skills. Essentially the dos and don'ts of of writing for us amateurs.

I am weird, but nothing will turn me off faster when reading something and see simple errors that Word catches while typing or proofing. I personally am never happy with my own proofreading skills of my own work. It comes from living with someone who is always correcting your english and writing. Ya he drives me insane, but I love him hahaha Which would explain why he will not read anything I place here!

Oops babbling again. Anyway, just a thought :)

Magister
02-08-2006, 06:21 AM
I would suggest leaving "Sexual Fantasy" in the Community heading. This is a matter of personal preference. Other than that, I like the re-organization.
:ty

Magister

Rabbit1
02-08-2006, 07:04 AM
Aesop, I have been spending a lot of time trolling through the forums before I commented here.

I am officially caught up now :)

The reorganization of the forums looks awesome. I like the organization and thought that went into it. I do have one small thought.

A section specifically set up for good writing skills. Essentially the dos and don'ts of of writing for us amateurs.

I am weird, but nothing will turn me off faster when reading something and see simple errors that Word catches while typing or proofing. I personally am never happy with my own proofreading skills of my own work. It comes from living with someone who is always correcting your english and writing. Ya he drives me insane, but I love him hahaha Which would explain why he will not read anything I place here!

Oops babbling again. Anyway, just a thought :)

I agree and that is why there are some author tools posted in the author forum---and also a new subforum called Writer's Block ---for those authors who wish to improve their writing skills--- it is a first of its kind ---Class for new and trying to improve authors----

Aesop
02-08-2006, 07:06 AM
ozme:

Always some kind of tech difficulty with you isn't there? ;) I'll try to find out what the problem is.

sujet:

We do have the new Writer's Block forum run by Rabbit for some writing tips and tricks. And we have the Author's Place which has some good posts about that sort of thing so I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for. If it's something different than those then please describe it more so we can look into it.:)

Magister:

Thanks for the feedback. :)

sujet
02-08-2006, 08:38 AM
True Aesop, I did see that in there. Was thinking it would make a good section by itself. Nothing more than "thinking aloud" or in this case typing :)

And I like Rabbit1's

---Class for new and trying to improve authors---- comment.

Considering my last English Prof HATED my writing! Said my formatting and usage of the english languaged lacked while my attention to detail failed to bring a visual image to any readers mind.

Hmm or maybe I had way too much coffee in me by 5:15 this morning? Or possibly not enough! hahaha

goodlilcowgirl
02-08-2006, 04:54 PM
look great Aesop!

Ozme52
02-08-2006, 10:07 PM
ozme:

Always some kind of tech difficulty with you isn't there? ;) I'll try to find out what the problem is.

Yeah, 25 years of being in the business of making users happy. LOL

Rabbit1
02-14-2006, 07:31 PM
enjoy our new look hope it makes navigating the site easier for all

:ra