PDA

View Full Version : Rope Bondage

Spike
02-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Hello all, im looking for a bit of knowledge. I love tying up my gf but im a little lacking in that area. So im wondering if anyone has any good tips or techniques that i could pick up to help us along. Anything really would be helpful.

Rabbit1
02-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Hello all, im looking for a bit of knowledge. I love tying up my gf but im a little lacking in that area. So im wondering if anyone has any good tips or techniques that i could pick up to help us along. Anything really would be helpful.

it is according to how real you want to make it and the limits you and your sub have set---be sure to alway use a "safe" word so your sub can let you know they are really in too much pain and not acting.

I also suggest a good soft rope---and loose knots to start with and progress from there.

Spike
02-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Sorry, i guess I was a little to vague on that initial post. Im not loking for anything to extreme, just a little something for tieing her to say a bed post or something. Tieing her hands, wrists, and ankles together is about where i like to keep it. Nothing tight, just enough to show her that im in control and that she wont be getting away from me. Thanks though Rabbit, you helped me out with that.

:ty

goodlilcowgirl
02-02-2006, 01:58 PM
I have a site bookmarked somewhere

*goes to look for it*

goodlilcowgirl
02-02-2006, 02:01 PM
okies, heres the 2 sites I have bookmarked on this topic

this is one of my favorite siytes with nice sets of instructions for rope coffs... some soft rope I like to use can be purchased from Lowe's for like $7 for 100 foot which is plenty of rope for both hands and feet
http://www.ropefashions.com/modules/pnCPG/coppermine/index.php

decent site, not as good as the first
http://ms.ha.md.us/~tammad/over21/bondage/

Spike
02-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks CowGirl, im looking on Lowes.com right now but im not sure if any of the ropes they sell will be good and soft for my uses. Heres actually the list of what they have:

Nylon is strong as well as heat, water and abrasion resistant. Nylon absorbs shock, but stretches.
Polypropylene (poly) is inexpensive and floats, but can be hard to tie.
Polyester is similar to polypropylene, but more flexible and durable.
Manila is made from hemp and is strong and weather resistant. It has very little stretch.
Sisal is another natural fiber, but is not as strong as manila. It is suitable for temporary uses.

Im thinking Polypropylene and Polyester are a no obviously. But I figured id ask before i go buying random rope. I think these ropes are the basic kinds of rope you can get just about anywhere anyway too. So if anyone knows about these kinds of ropes that would be great. :)

(Edit)Just found a new site, knotandrope.com, and they sell all sorts of other ropes. I noticed cotton rope and im thinking that it would make a very good choice. But they sell all sorts of other ropes. So if anyone takes a look on there and finds something that would be the absolute best, then please let me know. Thanks!(/Edit)

goodlilcowgirl
02-02-2006, 03:01 PM
I would suggest cotton... from experience, cotton is the material least likely to give rope burns but it CAN happen if a struggle is put up... it is generally stretchable and can give a nice bungee effect

Looking on Lowes.com I dont see the type of rope I usually purchase... good luck on your search :)

I'd love to hear other's suggestions as well

Spike
02-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Alright, I just ordered 100 ft of cotton rope and it only cost me 11.50 total. 50 ft of 1/4 inch and 50 ft of 3/8 inch. I figured its cheap and i can see what size is the best for tieing up my Kitten. :gag: I was thinkin the 3/8 inch for her ankles and 1/4 inch her wrists. Bigger size for the ankles makes sense i guess. I have plenty now so i have enough to work with when it comes to trial and error. Any thoughts on that perhaps?

tallusion
02-03-2006, 05:32 AM
Hello

I recently was introduced to Hemp Rope and it's wonderful. It doesn't stretch or slip like cotton and does not feel as rough and harsh as it looks in photo's. It does tend to be quite fibrous tho (hope that's the correct spelling) in that I mean the Hemp has lots of little fibres,but you can fix that by running a flame quickly up the length of it to burn it off.

Here's some sites that might be helpful to you

http://www.massachusettsbondage.com/tutorials/freeTutorials.html
http://japanrope.com/tutorial.html

tallusion

Saverio
02-22-2006, 04:47 PM
You can find more info on bondage, selfbondage and related BDSM topics at

S.

Sorry there Saverio, but we'd rather they found the info on our forums. :)

Aesop

Ozme52
02-22-2006, 06:30 PM
I'd have suggested the local Home Depot. Check out the feel yourself. Some of the softest cordage I've encountered is polyester... also some of the harshest. It all depends on how fine the individual fibers are... and you can get it in a number of colors.

Or... if you want something with a clip and/or a nice monkey's knot at one end, both equestrian shops and ships chandlers are nice. I prefer the equestrian shops because you can pick from a nice selection of whips, crops, spurs, and bits as well.

orchidsoul
02-24-2006, 08:59 AM
http://www.nawashibari.com/techniques/index02.html?main.shtml~mainstage (shibari- breast and crotch rope)
http://www.bestslavetraining.com/Bondageknot.htm (knots, rope and safety info)
http://www.nawashi.com/tutor/sjw.html (shinju weave- beautiful behind the back)
http://rare.ropemarks.com/glossary/shibari.htm (pictures that you could figure out, as well as definitions, etc)
http://www.ecstagony.com/eng/info/artbond/knotsbow.htm (Bondage knots)
http://www.scoutingresources.org.uk/knots_az01.html (any knot in the world)
http://tgv9.free.fr/bondage/savane1.htm#top (karada, breast, and some ankle- in French though... but pics and you could always use a translation page)
http://www.bedroombondage.com/bondageu/drbondage/basictechniques.html (wrist techniques, and applying it to legs, etc)
http://www.bondageproject.com/public/info-tipps_e.htm (upper body bondage w/pic tutorials- click on the pics)
http://www.bcwsd.com/backroom/library/articles_us/bond_jap.htm (shibari, kinbaku and assymetric)
http://www.talonseyrie.com/LIFESTYLES/BondageTechnique-Hogtie.html (hogtie)

Here are some of my links. If you peruse them, you should learn a few techniques (and some are straight up arm and leg binds) to incorporate into your play. Also, safety, rope info and knots. Who knows, once you start tying, you may want to expand a little, hence why I included the rest of the links.

Cotton is the best, nylon (what Home Depot and Loews sells) also works fine if you ever can't wait for the internet order to arrive!

So... now that you purchased some rope, have you experimented?? Inquiring minds are curious :)

Have fun!

PS. Cowgirl- lovin' that ropefashions site. I'm a big fan of Tammads and was surprised at your comment of "not as good"... but... seriously good site(ropefashions)! Thanks :)

VixeyandPhoenix
03-29-2006, 05:51 AM
I feel really late in the game, but if you are going to do rope bondage and you do not want to spring for hemp, try out Doc Johnson's "japanese rope bondage" rope. It is supple, very little stretch and it looks good. Synthetics are painful. They can splinter and are just not that attractive.

Philskaal
05-14-2006, 12:36 PM

Hello,

Might be worth visiting www.nawashi.com or simply visit google and put in japanese rope bondage, lots of help there, although hemp is rough, better to use nylon quarter inch rope, Good luck,
Phil,
Philskaal@aol.com.

kreisleriana16
05-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Pick up Jay Wiseman's book on Erotic Bondage. It is a complete guide and covers everything from knots to positions to types of rope. It is well written and a must for any one in bondage. According to Jay, if you can tie your shoes you can do an erotic bondage masterpiece.

As for the kind of rope it is very difficult to find 100 percent pure cotton rope. Most may have a core in them. Try to stick with 6mm line or 8mm line. Stay away from thin line as that can lead to any number of problems.

You might also try an army surplus store. I just picked up 120 feet (in 10 12 foot sections) of tent rope. One end has a built in loop that makes it kind of handy and the bare end is sewn closed to prevent the rope from coming apart. The rope appears to be untreated hemp but it more than likely is manila. It is very scratchy - something that those who enjoy Japanese style bondage would enjoy. The 12' sections make it easy to bind your gf. One additional point: it is far more difficult to get loose when the top uses shorter pieces of rope than one really long piece.

Good luck.

L.

:noprobs:

VixeyandPhoenix
05-15-2006, 04:15 AM
Pick up Jay Wiseman's book on Erotic Bondage. It is a complete guide and covers everything from knots to positions to types of rope. It is well written and a must for any one in bondage. According to Jay, if you can tie your shoes you can do an erotic bondage masterpiece.

As for the kind of rope it is very difficult to find 100 percent pure cotton rope. Most may have a core in them. Try to stick with 6mm line or 8mm line. Stay away from thin line as that can lead to any number of problems.

You might also try an army surplus store. I just picked up 120 feet (in 10 12 foot sections) of tent rope. One end has a built in loop that makes it kind of handy and the bare end is sewn closed to prevent the rope from coming apart. The rope appears to be untreated hemp but it more than likely is manila. It is very scratchy - something that those who enjoy Japanese style bondage would enjoy. The 12' sections make it easy to bind your gf. One additional point: it is far more difficult to get loose when the top uses shorter pieces of rope than one really long piece.

Good luck.

L.

:noprobs:

Reading up on treating it might help you out a great deal. When properly treated hemp turns into something quite different, hard to describe it, but it has a smooth feel to it.

_ID_
10-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Ok, I know this thread is a bit old. However. I came across a link I thought that those who enjoy this activity might find useful.

http://www.ropefashions.com/fashions2/index.php?lang=en&theme=default

V/R
ID

edit
Er, it looks as the site I 'found' was already linked. *embarrassed chuckle*

TomOfSweden
11-19-2006, 05:05 AM
I just love that if there's something that I'm wondering about. All I need to do is search the knowledge base. Thanks Orchidsoul from february. My new slave is going to love her blue tits.

DrkRvn
11-19-2006, 12:11 PM
The rope I use in synthetic(nylon i think) and I have never had a problem wiht it hurting or leaving marks, but I made sure to feel it before buying to make sure it was soft and comfortable. I like synthetic because the knots don't seem to bind up if they get wet, cotton can shrink as it dries and the knots can tighten, or they can expand and give you problems when they are wet.

orchidsoul
11-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks Orchidsoul from february. My new slave is going to love her blue tits.

Glad you found them helpful! Let us know how it works out :D

Guest 91108
11-19-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm still studying the second link on ropes. .

smiles wickedly.

TomOfSweden
11-21-2006, 03:53 AM
Glad you found them helpful! Let us know how it works out :D

I'm surprised your not demanding pics. I thought it was compulsory. I will.

orchidsoul
11-21-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm surprised your not demanding pics. I thought it was compulsory. I will.

I suppose there was an underlying encouragement/wish in my statement!

Pics are wonderful... especially that of bondage considering it's my absolute fave...
please do feel free to share pics. It's for educational purposes :)

Here's a few variations on breast bondage for you...since I'm all about art and education of course! Mind you, I never bring it to the point of my tits getting blue... but it's fun the different ways to make the "bra".

The yellow was my first attempt so never mind the untied end :)

(If you haven't already, please do read up on the bondage safety link. I feel that I should at least let you know breast bondage for more than 15 min can cause damage)

orchidsoul
11-21-2006, 11:19 AM
Take 2

*wonders if this helps it become compulsory*

Havensov
11-21-2006, 11:43 AM
After reading this and seeing the links, i have decided to pick up some rope this weekend. The four day weekend will now be filled with my pet being bound.

But i do have a question. I see that for the different ties different lengths of rope are required. Now, I know that i could always use longer sections for some, but from other experience, what is the best all around length for the rope? 30 feet, 50 feet, somewhere in the middle?

orchidsoul
11-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi Havensov,

I'm sure there are others who are far more competent than I in bondage, but from my experience with shibari what I found works best is about 25-30 feet each for breast and crotch.

It depends upon what you plan on doing. For instance, to just wrap the breasts a couple times, you'll need less than creating more of a harness for them. Also, in a crotch rope if you add the daisy chain it eats up more rope. It really depends upon what you're binding as well.

Other factors that play are the gauge of the rope, and the size of your partner.

If any rope is left over it can easily be turned into a leash harness... or adding karada... or connecting breast bondage to crotch bondage to give that little added tug... or tying thighs down... or wrapping wrists together... or tying hands to the bed post...

as you see, extra rope isn't necessarily a bad thing!

Hope that helped answer.

Have fun this weekend!

Havensov
11-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Well the reason i asked was i found the rope i would like to get, but it comes in 100 foot. I was just trying to figure out how best to chop it up. Right now I'm leaning toward 40 foot and 60 foot... or maybe just in half...

Guess we shall see how it goes this weekend and see whats needed.

orchidsoul
11-21-2006, 01:28 PM
An easy way to break rope down is finger tip to finger tip.
Assuming you're a 6' guy, the distance between your finger tips whilst arms are spread will be approx 6'.

Please let us know how it all works out!

Havensov
11-28-2006, 06:51 AM
Ok, finaly got to use the rope last night. Had a bit of trouble with it at first... Couldn't get the knots on her ankles to stay tight. I think that i am going to have to go over the photos again and see what i did wrong. As geeky as i am, i resisted the urge to whip open the laptop in the bedroom and look over the step by steps right there, But, i might do that soon, just to be sure i get it right.

i will post pics when i can.

But for a first time, it was fun. Tied her ankles, then a few wraps around her breasts, not very tight at all but they still started to get tight and a feint tint of purple to them. Then tied them together in a sort of frog fashion. It was very nice looking, for a first time.

I ended up taking the 100 feet and chopping it down into one 50 foot and two 25 foot sections.

One odd note, cut the tip off if you are using synthetic. The melted parts scratched my Pet when it brushed against her.

Havensov
11-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Ok, here are the photos from last night.

orchidsoul
12-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Fantastic rope work, Havensov! Lucky lucky Amanda... *much purring*

Glad it all worked out well. Thanks so very much for sharing!

Havensov
12-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Well i have been hesitant to work with rope because of the dangers, but she has/had expressed a strong desire to try it out. I must admit, i took longer then i expected, and i did make a few mistakes.

Unfortunately we have a few things going against us when it comes to the rope work. One is we have a small bedroom, and we have kids. kind of hard to find the space and time to do anything involved because of that.

But i do have a question, after binding breasts, how long are they usually sore?

orchidsoul
12-07-2006, 06:29 AM
The first time I binded mine tight, they were sore a couple days.. and tingly. I was concerned because I had even abided by the 15 minute rule. After speaking to a couple people, they confirmed that this was normal. Whether or not it's right, I don't know. Also, I would think the soreness would be elevated if the breasts were played particularly hard.

Since then, mine haven't had the lingering effects as long, if at all.

Havensov
12-07-2006, 06:56 AM
So one of those, the first times the worst.. ok...

I hope to have some more time this weekend to see what else i can do. Thinking of trying some of arm binding to a chair... but we will see what time we have.

orchidsoul
12-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Here's a safety page I just found (and learned a few new things), with other helpful links as well:

http://www.informedconsent.co.uk/encyclopervia/Bondage:_Safety

Perhaps you'll find some useful information, and also put your minds at ease.

As for this weekend *keeps fingers crossed that you both have time* hee hee

Havensov
12-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Ok, one other question.

I have been trying to think of other practical applications of rope. I have used it to bind her to, sat the couch, the walls, but what other fun things can you do. i tried the corset, and even the crotch braid, but i didn't like them because it restricted access for me to have fun with her more, naughty parts.

I was thinking of making a braid, attaching it to two anchors, and having her straddle it while kneeling, that why when i want her, there is not allot of untying to have access.

Thoughts?

orchidsoul
12-07-2006, 11:52 AM
That sounds mmmmmm! Sort of a combo of a pony and crotch rope, yet easily moved and tuggable. It's quite a delicious idea.

You clearly have some good thoughts as to how to incorporate rope and don't need my two pennies... but since it's a fave topic of mine...

Another nice access route is to tie her legs open. If you apply a waist rope, that acts as an anchor for the additional rope. Tie her thighs (use wide band of rope to not cut off circulation) individually to the corresponding side of her waist, and voila... an open and exposed subbie with no rope interfering. Presuming she'd be on her back, keep in mind the knot of the waist band should not lie directly on her spine.

When the kids aren't home you could also utilize the kitchen table... 4 anchor points there... Breakfast anyone?

You should have lots of fun with the arm binds as well. Even if you don't attach her to anything, she'll be at your whim without use of her arms, and yet you could stand behind her teasing whichever naughty parts you wanted, whilst she gently treats you with her hands.

ahem, ok... have fun :)

Guest 91108
12-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Bump.