PDA

View Full Version : How do you choose a collar for living in for a long period of time?

jeyline
07-16-2003, 08:10 PM
Hey, i'm back, a legal adult, and i have a new Master!
Okay, so here's the thing, Master wants to collar me permanently, and keep the key. So how do you find a collar that works for everyday purposes that you could keep on all the time, showering and stuff like that?

redEva
07-16-2003, 08:15 PM
check this site: GOR inspired jewlery (http://www.zip.com.au/~koroba/necklace/Neck0081.html)
i love their stuff, might be a bit pricey - but you are looking for something for a longer term wearing ;)

veru_skjava
07-17-2003, 07:31 AM
www.bondagecollars.com/collar.htm (http://www.bondagecollars.com/collar.htm )

These are really nice as well.

have another link somewhere will post it when i find it.

Welcome back and good luck, congratulations on your Master! :)

Always nice to gain a sister in submission ;)

veru

AgentDesire
07-17-2003, 08:24 AM
redEva, that collar is beautiful! meow!

redEva
07-17-2003, 09:01 AM
thank you dear, there is lots of lovely stuff there *smiles* hope you get what you looking for!

Mobius
08-01-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by redEva
check this site: GOR inspired jewlery (http://www.zip.com.au/~koroba/necklace/Neck0081.html)
i love their stuff, might be a bit pricey - but you are looking for something for a longer term wearing ;)

Could be interesting trying to explain that away.

but it is butiful and very expencive.
how about some nipple piercing instead.
It is perment and hiden

PS I am so glad you came back I am looking forward to reading your post's

BDSM_Tourguide
08-01-2003, 09:04 PM
Okay. Just fuckin' drool...

slavemira
08-23-2003, 07:54 AM
My Master just ordered this collar for me to wear all the time.

http://www.kittenstoyroom.com//metal_steel/necklace_necklaces_SSR.html

redEva
08-23-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by slavemira
My Master just ordered this collar for me to wear all the time.

That one is real pretty slavemira, just as long as you dont mind everyone at all times seing the padlock at your neck :)

slavemira
08-24-2003, 06:52 AM
Master is not attaching the padlock to the back. He is going to use just a gold link to hold it shut with a charm on it.

burger_01
09-09-2003, 02:50 AM
Top links! I'm amazed... have to get one of those.

IndigoFae
09-20-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by redEva
i love their stuff, might be a bit pricey - but you are looking for something for a longer term wearing ;) That is just gorgeous! :)

kittenfemme
09-30-2003, 04:58 AM
Sweet Mother Earth! The magnetic lock collar is sexy as hell! Too much $$ for me though.

slavemira, I love the one your Master chose for you. How has the chrome plating held up?

These are pretty hot too:

Stainless Steel Collar (http://www.houseofcollars.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=50)

Black Anodized Aluminum Collar (http://www.houseofcollars.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=52)

And especially this one:

Steel Collar (http://www.houseofcollars.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=66)

Though, if you're thinking long-term, I'd go with something other than the cold roll steel one. The ad says it will rust. But then, part of the fun could be maintaining it and keeping it rust free. And there's just something SO sexy about the idea of plain steel around my neck... nothing fancy, just utilitarian. You know?

slavemira
11-01-2003, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kittenfemme .

slavemira, I love the one your Master chose for you. How has the chrome plating held up?
[/Quote}

The chrome has held up just fine no chipping to date. I wear it all the time. It never comes off.

Mobius
11-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by slavemira
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kittenfemme .

[/Quote}

The chrome has held up just fine no chipping to date. I wear it all the time. It never comes off.

you in the collar?

slavemira
11-04-2003, 04:57 PM
I will check with Master and see about getting one. *S*

Master_JoeHippy
11-07-2003, 10:41 PM
I prefer a shorter heavy gold chain with the snap removed around my slaves neck.

kittenfemme
11-08-2003, 10:04 AM
I've only known a few who prefer that style Mr JoeHippy. How do they hold up under long term use, if I may ask? Do they survive strain well?

For instance, say my Mistress has decided that she wants me chained to the bottom portion of her bed by my collar so my rear end is in the air for her to play with. Would she just loop said chain (or rope) through the gold chain collar? Wouldn't the rope slide all over the place? I could see it ending up tangled. And how much pressure can the gold chain collar withstand if Mistress decides to start inflicting serious pain? My little ass jumps all over the place when the welts start to rise.

I mean no disrespect in bringing this up. I'm honestly curious as to how one remedies those problems while a submissive wears such a collar.

Or do you use the chain collar simply as a token of ownership, and strap a nice, strict collar (something like the one at the top of this (http://www.sub-shop.com/catalog/frameList.cfm?GroupId=1075&ProductStart=50) page or #1628A the "Impetuous Slave Collar" listed on this (http://www.sub-shop.com/catalog/frameList.cfm?GroupId=1075&ProductStart=36) page) over the gold chain collar?

Master_JoeHippy
11-08-2003, 11:02 AM
The chain can be worn in public, as a symbol of ownership that not many people would clue to. The weight serves as a constant reminder. With the rise of the hip-hop movement and the jewlery associated with it, there are few questions asked when seeing a woman wearing a heavy 'necklace'.

I prefer the curb style, an example at:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1813344&cat=109692&type=1&dept=3891&path=0%3A3891%3A3895%3A109692
because of the style and weight It looks to be very similar to item #1634A (fourth down) on your first reference without the lock.

Depending upon the construction and care, a good chain will last years. I was given a chain necklace from my grandmother over twenty years ago and am still wearing it.

A chain is not designed for strain so as a form of restraint it would be inadequate.

For serious play you would require a proper collar.

myri_SN
06-14-2004, 08:16 AM
I am constantly wearign my collar, it consists of an antique silver padlock made from silver coins that are over a hudnred years old.
it used to be on this beaded/wire collar i mad myself but as the wire started to break i am wearing in on a leather string now, the lock is the way to close it so it doesn't come off unless i got the key. plus i am still wearing that cat charm but on a long silver necklace i got from master for my birthday, by the way had the brass padlock till i got the silver on from him for valentines day. :D

loonytunes
06-14-2004, 09:30 AM
For a really classy and elegant collar go to www.lionshearth.com, look under the leather ones for one called the servant, looks stunning, i have one for my wife/sub had to have it shipped to the uk, and its very well made, cheap as hell and looks totally awesome when worn, not lockable without modification though, hey thats an idea!!!!

Loonytunes

myri_SN
06-14-2004, 09:37 AM
For a really classy and elegant collar go to www.lionshearth.com, look under the leather ones for one called the servant, looks stunning, i have one for my wife/sub had to have it shipped to the uk, and its very well made, cheap as hell and looks totally awesome when worn, not lockable without modification though, hey thats an idea!!!!

Loonytunes
still like my collar best, it's individual and very personal and i can wear it 24/7 which i do

kittenfemme
06-14-2004, 11:57 AM
...an antique silver padlock made from silver coins that are over a hudnred years old. ... got the silver on from him for valentines day. :D

What a Valentines day gift! It's beautiful and has a rich (no pun) history! And it's very cute too. :)

The Lionshearth collars are nice too. I especially like The Wench in burgundy. *purr*

Dslave
06-25-2004, 05:42 PM
redEva... that is probably the most incredible collar I have ever seen.

Oh, and to answer the original question. You definately need to choose something that is comfortable and practical not only in the daytime but when you are sleeping and playing. Something that is restricting might feel nice but when being fitted you need to move your neck around a bit so that you know that you have some breathing room and that it won't become too restrictive in all sorts of positions. You want something that is durable. Pretty is nice but practical is what you really need to think about when choosing a "full time" collar.

redEva
06-25-2004, 05:44 PM
*smile* thank you dear

kittenfemme
06-27-2004, 09:39 AM
...choose something that is comfortable and practical not only in the daytime but when you are sleeping and playing. Something that is restricting might feel nice but when being fitted you need to move your neck around a bit so that you know that you have some breathing room and that it won't become too restrictive in all sorts of positions. You want something that is durable. Pretty is nice but practical is what you really need to think about when choosing a "full time" collar.

Having lived in a few collars for varying lengths of time, I couldn't agree more.

Dslave
06-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Another thing to consider is the strength of your Master and the roughness of your time together. If he is the type that likes to grab by the collar, or bind by the collar, you DEFINATELY need something that is more durable. I would not suggest the pretty beaded ones or the ones with pretty (but flimsy) clasps. Again, practical before pretty is best for collars.

One other thing, make sure you involve your Master in the choosing of a collar. He may have some VERY GOOD input. And, it is best, when being fitted for the collar, to allow him to take ahold of it so that it is also the right "feel" for him and that there is enough room for his fingers to fit through. Allowing his four fingers between your collar and your neck is definately best for most.

myri_SN
06-27-2004, 10:48 AM
i got my collar that i never take off,t he leather cord with the antique silver lock as one of my old posts shows and a very strong one for playing and tying to. the only time my collar comes off is for job interviews right now, as he finds it more important to get the job than to not take the collar off for 2 hours and have the potential employers wonder what the hell i am wearing. also i think a permanent collar's main purpose is a symbolic one. :D

kittenfemme
06-27-2004, 11:14 AM
I mostly agree with you Dslave. I'd personally rather have a collar around the neck of my submissives that is at least as functional as it is aesthetically appealing, if not more so. But it's also my opinion that there is no one right way to do much of anything in the BDSM world. We kinky peeps tend to be a diverse and very creative lot.

I think that practical before pretty can be best for collars. In my opinion, It depends on the Dominant's use. Perhaps they merely want something to signify ownership such as the chain collar mentioned by Master_JoeHippy and the collars noted by myri_SN. It's quite easy to strap a functional leather or steel collar around a submissive's throat and over a less functional collar if one chooses to engage in play where a tough, functional collar is required. It can even be considered an additional part of bondage for the parties involved.

Dslave
06-27-2004, 11:53 AM
kittenfemme, it is true, each has their personal preference in doing most anything (BDSM related or not) and right and wrong is often relative. Also, I meant no disrespect towards Mistresses and Dommes by my answer. I simply feel (and others may or may not disagree) that the Dom(me), Master/Mistress should be involved in the choosing of a long term collar and it should be comfortable to them and suit their needs as well as yours. Most subs/slaves (I know, even for myself, it is tempting) will be tempted to get something "pretty" rather than something that will last through long term use and I was just simply suggesting some things they may wish to think about in choosing a collar. It CAN be pretty AND durable. :)

myri_SN
06-27-2004, 12:43 PM
master chose my collar. before i would mostly weatr gold jewellery so a leather collar with silver lock is not what i would usually wear.