PDA

View Full Version : Update Frequency

freddie_clegg
02-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Firstly - well done Rabbit for bringing the site up to date and keeping the updates coming regularly.:ty

I'd like to ask a question of the other authors, though.

Are these almost daily updates too frequent now?

I feel I got more readers when updates were done once a week or so and the latest batch of stories / updates stayed at the top of the list for a while.

How do other folk feel about this?:dunno:

Regards,

Freddie

Rabbit1
02-13-2006, 02:06 AM
Firstly - well done Rabbit for bringing the site up to date and keeping the updates coming regularly.:ty

I'd like to ask a question of the other authors, though.

Are these almost daily updates too frequent now?

I feel I got more readers when updates were done once a week or so and the latest batch of stories / updates stayed at the top of the list for a while.

How do other folk feel about this?:dunno:

Regards,

Freddie

well my friend with more and more authors ---it has to be done this way ---because of the lenght of time it takes to publish the stories ---if you do not keep it up on a almost daily basis it bogs down--- that was the whole problem before ---it got so massive ---and believe me it took me many hours to catch up---I do appreciate your opinion and that of the other authors but I will have to do this as close to daily as possible ---Now that I am caught up ---I may take weekends off---lol

:ty

:ra

freddie_clegg
02-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Fair enough Rabbit - you certainly deserve the weekends off though!

Freddie

lex ludite
02-14-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm amazed that other authors haven't realized that their readership has gone down the toilet since Rabbit1 decided to go daily with his postings. I've lost fifty percent of my readership simply because most people don't look past whatever is posted when they visit the site. I prefer to seek another site for my stuff rather than compete with this wave of "gifted" new talent who are capable of producing a chapter a day.

Rabbit1
02-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Weather I update daily or weekly or monthly ---it is not the frequency of when I update that is your problem Lex----the Problem is ---since the site is running more efficiently ---there are more authors submitting stories ---good ---bad --they get published and would have if I updated monthly---your stories would have been covered up by 50 in a weekly update rather than 10 per day in a daily update----so updates are not the problem here ---it is the new authors and new stories you do not want to compete with---granted some of them are not literary masterpieces ---but that should make your stories shine thru ---I hate you do not want to compete---or you feel you need to move on ---but that is your choice and I wish you well

:ra

Dick the Slaver
02-14-2006, 03:20 PM
I guess that I am the only one who noticed that the reader counter settings have been changed. Before the changeover, the counter used to include those who visited the synopsis page before reading the story or leaving without reading the story. Now the counter changes as soon as you read the story. Personaly, I rather learn the number of actual readers than a combination of readers and those who had cold feet.

Rabbit1
02-14-2006, 03:42 PM
I guess that I am the only one who noticed that the reader counter settings have been changed. Before the changeover, the counter used to include those who visited the synopsis page before reading the story or leaving without reading the story. Now the counter changes as soon as you read the story. Personaly, I rather learn the number of actual readers than a combination of readers and those who had cold feet.

I assure you I have changed no setting as far as counters----The only change I have made to the system was to add the Fantasy category as requested--

and started updates in a timely manner---

Dick the Slaver
02-14-2006, 03:48 PM
Someone complained back in November about the monthly readings contained the total readings and that is when the changes were made. You were not on the scene yet Rabbit1

Rabbit1
02-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Someone complained back in November about the monthly readings contained the total readings and that is when the changes were made. You were not on the scene yet Rabbit1

Oh ok Dick ---I got confused since this was mainly started to complain about daily updates---Though maybe I was doing something else that was not liked---:ra