PDA

View Full Version : pet personalities

veru_skjava
07-20-2003, 02:47 PM
*giggling*

I am wondering what other peoples experiences have been.

I have a cat, I call him Domkitty, because he bosses me around and demands my obedience as much as my Human Master does.

The other day while visiting a friend, I noticed how submissive her cat is.

Do any of you see dominant or submissive traits in your pets?

Even my landlord's son ( a very cultural italian immigrant) laughs when i say yes master to DK when he is ordering me around, he does it so loudly too.

;)
veru slave to two masters ;)

Lord Thomas
07-20-2003, 04:16 PM
I too have observed the differences of personalities in cats. I have been a life long felinophile and had many cats for pets. Currently I have two, one is dominant the other submissive.

My hauty Domme kitty always eats first, while my mischievious yet, wuite submissive kitty waits patiently for ehr turn at the food dish. There is room for both, in fact they each have their own dish, though thsi has never occured to either of them. My subby kitty waits patiently, sitting on her haunches quietly until her spuerior has had her fill. THen as the Dominant turns away from the dishes she licks her whiskers and the subby always gives her a good face gooming and waits for the DOminat to wander off to her cushiionin a sunbeam before taking her own turn at breakfast.

THen throughout the day while they do their cat things, chasing one another. Always letting the Dominant win the chases and bat the submissive one around in a playful feline way. Depending on the mood of the Dominant the batting about can be playful or it can be rather rough. Either way seems to please both participants in thier mutual conscentual relationship.

When us mere humans deem to take them outside, the Dominant rushes forward, to sniff the grass and patrol Her territory like the queen on a royal progress. The submissive following her mistress' steps, keeping an eye out for maurauding dogs of foul repute and other such inferior creature such as birds that could anoy her Mistress. Should any of these creatures dare to enter the queendom the submissive will challenge them, under the eye of the DOminant, whose power and strenght empower the submissive's threats.

Once the royal parade has been completed, the Dominant will lounge in a suitable patch of grass and the submissive will, at the whim of the Dominant, either take a great care in grooming her liege or chase down rogue insects to bring in her mouth to the dominant for them both to chase and torture to death.

Then as the sunsets the Dominant will demand to return to her comforts and will lead her submissive back into home where she can nap and be gromed by her pet after a hard day's outing on the royal progress.

Yes, they really do do this. And yes, we did get a "pet", for our house pet.

And yes, I love them both dearly.

veru_skjava
07-20-2003, 04:53 PM
LT Sir,

How very cool that you got your house pet a pet, I would like to, but he is rather set in his ways at 12 years of age.

He is fixed but that does not matter, he has an entourage of lil slave girls that adore him. One in particular he seems to fance quiet a lot, to the degree he has even invited her into the house.

My Protectress cracks up when we are on the phone and he starts his ordering and demanding. Quite loud and when i dare to speak back to him, I swear you can hear it in his tone as he snaps back a retort.

*giggling* I can picture your cats in their lil dance of D/s.

Indeed I have heard it said we (cat lovers) who are lucky enough to be owned by a cat are very blessed.

Thank you LT Sir for the reply. ;)

veru

Lord Thomas
07-20-2003, 05:05 PM
Very true, cats are the owners. If wee not for thier lack of opposable thumbs they would rule the world in splndor... But of coure, they would still need humans around for the purpose of changing thier litter boxes even if they had thumbs. For no self respecting cat would ever want to dirty themselve with such activity of the slave class. *rolling my eyes*

Dogs may claim to be man's best freind, cats however ~KNOW~ they are Gods.

AgentDesire
07-20-2003, 07:29 PM
Dogs are known for their alphamale behavior. After observing our cats, I think the same to felines as well.

Fox
07-21-2003, 06:57 AM
How rude!

With regards to the topic at hand, Dominance and submission are facets of everyday life - animal or human. Animals are merely more open about it. As I said in another (albeit related) forum, pack animals have clearly defined hierarchies ... homo sapiens sapiens is, at heart, a pack animal. Alpha males and alpha females are as commonplace in our society as they are in feline, canine, lupine, leonine, etc. It's called "survival" and passing along genetic traits.

Unfortunately, rudeness is a learned behaviour common in naked apes.

BDSM_Tourguide
07-21-2003, 08:11 AM
I warned you in private to either be nice or stay out. Now I'm warning you in public to either be nice or stay off the site.

One more rude or off-topic post and you're outta here.

And if you're who I think you are, I'll make sure to log the IP this time, so if you sneak in again under a different handle, I can report you to your ISP for abuse and harassment.

Originally posted by longone
Veru

This is getting pretty ridiculous surely there are much more interesting things than talking about whether animals are submissive or not.

Get a life

BDSM_Tourguide
07-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Neither of them are particularly dominant or submissive that I see, although one of them does take more than his fair share of crap from the other. He does, however, kick the crap out of the other one when he's had enough.

However, as far as the cats go, mine are not dom and sub, mine are more like Pinky and The Brain. One of them is smart enough to open doors, drawers, cupboards and find his way to the tops of our cabinets above the refrigerator.

The other one, however, is a complete twit. Total moron, terribly paranoid and dumb as a post. He has twouble finding his way out of a paper bag he's gotten himself into.

Kostly
07-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Alpha Dog to Omega Dog each dog follows the order.

With that said...

Submission and Dominance seems to be a nature wide event... even my Lizards bob there head and wave there arms to make themselves look bigger and to assert themselves.. They also turn DARK colors, and will even fight to the death over social order. In fact it seems that only us americans view sexual relationships as each equal... and that has only been recently...

I am starting to think that the New social order impossed by societty that forces many people into avoiding dominance and submission is the leading cause of many devorces. I have never heard of a D/s relationship that after collaring has failed... then again... Many people have a view of this type of relationship as a way to follow a life of Hedonisim and pleasure... and when things get tough, and the pleasure gos away, theese people leave...

BDSM_Tourguide
07-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Cats are also pack animals. Feral cats tend to make up social groups in the wild. Lions hunt and live in prides. Leopards live half a dozen at a time in trees.

In fact, the only felines I can think of that live almost exclusively singular lives, are cheetahs and tigers.

Not that this really has any bearing on anything in the first place.

Kostly
07-21-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by BDSM_Tourguide
Cats are also pack animals. Feral cats tend to make up social groups in the wild. Lions hunt and live in prides. Leopards live half a dozen at a time in trees.

In fact, the only felines I can think of that live almost exclusively singular lives, are cheetahs and tigers.

Not that this really has any bearing on anything in the first place.

Yes, I was not thinking... I will edit my original post... I appoligize for making such a rediculos error. I am not a cat person...

Fox
07-21-2003, 12:24 PM
One of them is smart enough to open doors, drawers, cupboards and find his way to the tops of our cabinets above the refrigerator.

The other one, however, is a complete twit. Total moron, terribly paranoid and dumb as a post. He has twouble finding his way out of a paper bag he's gotten himself into.

Interesting ... You don't assign a gender to the smart one ... but the dumb one is definitely male.

Possible Freudian slip, Tourguide?

Perhaps the 'dumb' one has learned to let the 'smart one' do all the work. :D Topping from the bottom, so to speak

:D

BDSM_Tourguide
07-21-2003, 01:31 PM
The smart one is a male, too. Well, actually, he's an "it" now.

Originally posted by Fox
Interesting ... You don't assign a gender to the smart one ... but the dumb one is definitely male.

Possible Freudian slip, Tourguide?

Perhaps the 'dumb' one has learned to let the 'smart one' do all the work. :D Topping from the bottom, so to speak

Kostly
07-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Poor pussy:(

Lord Thomas
07-21-2003, 06:04 PM
Tourguide, I love the idea of Pinky and the Brain for cat names. I have known cats that fit both of those descriptions entirely.

But could not this be an example of Dominance and Submission; intellect and sloth? For, given your examples, could it not be seen that Pinky is submissive, albeit, not so bright, but submissive to the mad, evil machinations of Brain? I have always seen it that way in the example of my favorite lab mice. Not knowing your cats, I of course can not rule upon your observations; but I am wondering if you had just not thought of it in that sense. Or even watched P&B reruns looking at it through D/s lenses. ;)

I must say I love this thread. Maybe, because I love cats, but mostly because I love the responses and observations of other pet lovers.

LT

veru_skjava
07-22-2003, 05:50 AM
Thank you TG sir for the intervention :)

Thank you LT Sir for enjoying this thread...

*giggles*

Yesterday I was thinking about your Domme cat and her lil subbie, I was at my friends house, and both her cats were lounging, both females, the subbie one is so cute and friendly, while I had not really thought of the other was as a Domme because she is hardly visible, she was more socialble yesterday. She has a long long coat, black, and is much more aloof. While the other is pure white, medium thick coat, cute as a button.

Well, obviously the Domme was unhappy because her lil subbie companion was not fawning all over her, and she smacked her upside the head.

I almost spit out my beverage when I saw this interaction, lil subbie girl immediately starts cleaning her mistress, and went to the toy corner and brought first a lil mouse, then seeing that was not of interst brought her a lil ball with cat nip inside.

They were so precious, and I could picture cats in cute lil outfits, crop or floggger laying nearby. I was defintely off in my own thoughts..

My friend asked me what i was giggling at, and well knowing how very vanilla she is the last thing I was about to do was explain...

Its nice to be able to share these odd thoughts to those who do not find them "odd"

*giggles* as I hear my own Domkitty beckoning to me to come serve him his breakfast.

veru ;)

~d~
07-22-2003, 08:19 AM
my Master and i have had many discussions about pet behavior in part because i am such a wildlife enthusiast and in part because i am *mischievous grin* such a wonderful pet.

All kidding aside, Dom/me and submissive behavior is seen through out the animal kingdom. It is a survival trait. In packs/prides/herds, etc. alpha's, be it male or female, are what they are through a combination of genetics and experience. The same can be said for the submissives. Strong leadership is essential for group survival but the submissiveness to their will is equally important. Even the role of the switch is essential to the mix. The alphas are usually the lead hunters and/or protectors, which is the most dangerous of the activities. Usually their seconds are Dominate to all under them, but for the most part submissive to the alpha’s will. If there is a catastrophe and an alpha is lost, these switches after proving their worthiness will move into the role of the Dominate to ensure the health and continuance of the group. There are of course exceptions, where Dominates come in to the group from without which is usually the case in the prides but even that is a survival trait.... natures way of keeping the group genetically fit.

In the end, we humans are just another part of the animal kingdom which some tend to forget.

Mobius
07-22-2003, 02:40 PM
I have 2 Cats both male fixed Butthead and Tunce
But head is the agressor 6 years old Yellow Tabby
Tunce is the dont mess with me Im old Grey Tabby (13 Years old)

Tunce Eats all the food, Hogs all attention and pillows.
It gets so bad some times that Tunce has to go into the gas chamber (a pet carrier that has about 2 pounds of catnip in the bottom of it ).

I dont think that butthead is more dominant or sub I just think he is very greedy. Good thing that they do not make kitty whips or he would be using one on me when I do not fill his bowl with his meow mix
He will only eat Meow mix. I guess I am pussy whipped.

Sorry Becouse this is normaly an erotic board I have to have a little smut around

Fox
07-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Although foxes and tigers are part of the feline genus, and I have tried owning several cats, I must say that I am not a "cat person". Nevertheless, or perhaps because of this, cats seem to like me ...

Kostly, in response to your quote ...

Poor pussy

As a Male, I have not yet met a pussy I didn't like.

:D :D :D :D

heh heh:

ps. ben beale, love the picture !

Mobius
08-13-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by AgentDesire
Dogs are known for their alphamale behavior. After observing our cats, I think the same to felines as well.

Theese are my brothers dog's
The white one is honey she was my dog but I had to let her go.
Apartment complex thing, bastards!

But she is deffinatly a bitch and very dom quite the slut. The other 2 Bridges and sky (Brown and black are her slave's.

Mobius
08-13-2003, 01:34 PM
is it is hard to find pussy whips there size:)

Fox
08-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Not at all.

Just go to your local Costco / SM Club warehouse, and pick the one you like - who cares what she likes! nudge nudge wink wink.

Oh wait ...

you mean for the cat?

Oh.

Hmmm, that's getting pretty kinky, isn't it?

Fox
08-13-2003, 02:39 PM
This will be tit for cat, um tat

As in one bad "critter" joke deserves another ...

Have you ever smelled mothballs?

How do you hold those little legs apart?

yuk yuk! Gawd, I've reverted to age 12!

:D :D

TenderFlesh
08-15-2003, 09:47 AM
I love the moth balls joke!
After reading everyone's posts, I have to agree that my cats both fall quite comfortably into the D/s roles.
TJ is my big cat - he's about 8 pounds, and so much better than everyone that it's kind of funny. Cali (creatively nicknamed for Calico) is small and frail, and incredibly skittish. TJ is always first to the bowl, demands supper at 9:25pm, and wouldn't THINK of touching a treat that Cali had sniffed out first! Cali on the other hand is perfectly content to sit back and let him have his way, chase her aroumd, and gnaw on the back of her neck when she's pissing him off.
Now if only my hubby would do the same for me! ;)

dav4jon
08-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Like I said in another thread, although I tend to prefer dogs over cats I must admit that I like the idea that there will never be police cats.

And I like Garfield's cynicism...

Cheers

Kostly
08-17-2003, 10:52 AM
All I got to say is...

Mobius
08-17-2003, 11:39 AM
So I can get some of buthead
I like that photo it is very good, There is nothing more moral than a fat cat flipping the bird.

Mobius
09-03-2003, 03:35 PM
when I am not paying any attention to him. He jump's in the shower and meow's until i turn the water on to chase him away.
Then he jumps back in and drinks the water. Yes His water dish is full of clean water but he likes the shower better.
Maybe I will feed him to the dog's

woodsman'sgame
09-04-2003, 11:49 AM
dominant versus submissive pets

This is a true story. Promise.

My dog had to deal with three cats. One, a female, would take one look at him and run in the opposite direction.
Cat number two, a dominant male, had swatted the dog across the nose when he was a puppy, so the dog would stay clear of the big cat.
The third cat was a neutered male; the dog made this cat his sexual slave. (I'm not kidding) This cat would let the dog hump him whenever he wanted too in exchange for the privilege of eating out of the dog's bowl. (The dog ate cat food heheh). The dog would nibble on the cat's ear until the cat sat still; then the dog would do his thing on the cat's back. When the dog was through, the cat would rub against him a few times then go eat.
He was the fattest cat we have ever had. LOL

This went on for years. It was pretty disturbing at times to be looking out at my beautiful garden on a lovely sprng morning, and have the idyllic scene shattered by the image of the dog jumping on the stone picnic table to hump the cat.

Though it did make for some interesting conversations with our house guests and the occasional delivery man who drove up at the wrong moment.

It all ended when the cat died. The poor dog looked for him for days afterwards.

Finding_Fantasy
09-04-2003, 12:25 PM
That is very disturbing! Though my sister in law did catch the dog and the cat once... the cat didn't care because she was in heat.

Mobius
11-28-2003, 02:43 PM
And photoshop how to make the image postible

you are under my control you will rub my ears until I purrrr
(an art shot of Buthead)

Mobius
11-28-2003, 02:46 PM
Little out of focus
look into my green Eyes you are getting sleepy

Cleo671
12-02-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by veru_skjava
*giggling*

..well he's not the cat from hell to me..but he was such a nice kitty when I got him, his name is Sylvester because he has the same colouring and arrangement of black and white..however he was the runt of the litter but the cutest kitten..so I couldnt resist..he began his kitty life 'attached' to my hair..because he'd sleep in my room and each morning I'd find him entangled in my hair..now however.. he has all types of characteristics..he has the dominant thing happening, in the way he has to 'know' where I am and what I am doing..if I leave the bathroom door ajar and I'm in the shower...he just waltzes in and stands up leaning on the shower glass door..until I finish..
now as he doesn't sleep in my room..he starts mewling at night when I go to bed..but I ignore him..otherwise if I let him sleep in my room, there would be no way in hell I'd relax (until he 'found' a comfy position!)..
When people walk past doorways they have to watch out because he has a tendency to leap out and scratch them..(his sadistic side)..or 'suprise' them by jumping up against the wall like he's climbing..(I have to admit I get a sadistic kick out of seeing visitors jump themselves when they're surprised :D )
oh..and no one can pat him near his butt otherwise he just becomes 'angry' and lashes out.. anal phobia as well!..

definitely not submissive.

Justine
04-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Dear veru_skjava,

There is is poem by Charles Baudelaire called "Cats" which you might enjoy,

CATS

Fevered lovers and austere thinkers
Love equally, in their ripe season
Cats powerful and gentle, pride of the house
Like them they feel the cold, like them are sedentary

Friends of science and sensuality
They seek the silence and the horror of the shadows
Erebus had taken them for its funeral coursers
Could they to servitude incline their pride.

Dreaming, they take on noble postures
Great sphinxes stretched out in the depths of emptiness
Seeming to fall asleep into an endless dream.

Their fertile loins are full of magic sparks
And nuggets of gold like fine sand
Vaguely bestar their mystic pupils.

Nightstriker
04-05-2004, 12:31 AM
*giggling*

I am wondering what other peoples experiences have been.

I have a cat, I call him Domkitty, because he bosses me around and demands my obedience as much as my Human Master does.

The other day while visiting a friend, I noticed how submissive her cat is.

Even my landlord's son ( a very cultural italian immigrant) laughs when i say yes master to DK when he is ordering me around, he does it so loudly too.

;)
veru slave to two masters ;)

I own two cats myself and I can see the same thing in both of my cats. the female, Crash, is rather submissive when dealing with anyone but the male, Burn, who she seems to hate. While Burn is rather demanding and forceful in what he wants. Just last night he wanted to be pet and "forced" me to pet him by moveing his head under my hands and causing me to pet him.

So in answer to your main question yes my cats Crash + Burn sominant and submissive traits.

Morrighan
04-05-2004, 02:46 AM
I have a shetland sheepdog, who could be dominant if he weren't so flighty. He has the attention span of a gnat, but he's the happiest creature on the face of the earth. He also managed to boss a Rottweiler around at the age of four months. (Colin was four months old; the Rott was a year and a half.) God, I miss him. My parents have him while I'm away. :(

Morrighan