PDA

View Full Version : Curious New member

katie_21
02-28-2006, 07:58 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums and thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Heather, I just recently found out about BDSM a couple of weeks ago (yeah i had to google it) lol. Apparently I'm very sheltered cause I didn't even know something like this exsisted!! I'm very curious about the lifestyle, I've always been curious about bondage not sure if I'd enjoy it or not just something I've thought about from time to time. I've been married for four years, and I have a three year old son. I got married when I was 17, so never really had time to experience new things.

Hope to talk to you all very soon!

submissivewife
02-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Welcome Heather_21 I am sure you will find a lot of knowledge here. Hope you enjoy. :welcomebo

Aesop
02-28-2006, 08:16 AM
Howdy Heather! We're a friendly bunch so don't be shy. :wel

katie_21
02-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Thanks submissivewife and Aesop!!

Ozme52
03-01-2006, 12:45 AM
It is a very intriguing aspect of our psyches. I believe everyone has a bit of the dom or sub in them... How they let it manifest itself within their lives and how honest they are with themselves is the difference between being "vanilla" and being "in the lifestyle."

Welcome Heather. Hope you enjoy your explorations.

katie_21
03-01-2006, 12:03 PM
It is a very intriguing aspect of our psyches. I believe everyone has a bit of the dom or sub in them... How they let it manifest itself within their lives and how honest they are with themselves is the difference between being "vanilla" and being "in the lifestyle."

Welcome Heather. Hope you enjoy your explorations.

Rabbit1
03-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Heather:wel :wel :wel

slb_b2000
03-10-2006, 11:52 AM
I am also new to the lifestyle and have a hopefully not too silly question, is the word slut and whore supposed to feel good to hear and will I ever get used to it?

katie_21
03-10-2006, 01:24 PM
slb...I was wondering that too! I guess we can learn and ask silly questions together lol :)

Tojo
03-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Guys, in my humble opinion, forget about what is 'supposed to be.' Myself I would never call my girls 'sluts' or 'whores'. That's just me, & them- for some people it may work- the important thing is that it's an agreement between two people, it has to work for BOTH of you.

There are a few people in the BDSM & D/s community who believe one should act in 'certain ways', maybe do a D/s apprenticeship & rise through the ranks to become a certified Dom or sub.

I believe it comes from the 'old guard' - who as I understand it were mostly gay ex-servicemen returning from WW2. They had a love of organisation, & regimentation & made up a series of rules & regulations governing the D/s world.

Things like having to be a sub before attaining the status of a Dom, acting in certain ways, addressing people in the correct manner & so on.

In my opinion you are the one doing this, you are in control. You can do whatever you want with whoever you want- a D/s relationship is unique between two people & should work however those people want it to work.

I liken it to a 'straight' relationship- we're all different, & what's important is how we relate to our partner, not what 'correct etiquette & protocol' demands.

Oh & most of all- this is supposed to be fun for god's sake. :wave:

Tojo

Aesop
03-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Oh & most of all- this is supposed to be fun for god's sake. :wave:

Tojo

Bingo. The question is do the words slut and whore feel good to hear to you. If they do great. If they don't, try something else. There aren't any set rules to BDSM just like there aren't any set rules to any relationship. It's all about what you and your partner like and have fun with.

katie_21
03-15-2006, 10:36 AM
I think I've got the "fun" part down now :)

Tojo
03-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Good to have you around Heather, life should be fun. :)

Tojo

Sir_Russell
03-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Welcome to you both.

First, Old Guard in this country was a bunch of gay black men back from ww2, but actually it is a very old society of devil worshipers.

Second, I use the word wench for the ones I love

Aesop
03-16-2006, 06:32 AM
I think I've got the "fun" part down now :)

Glad to hear it. :D

slb_b2000
03-18-2006, 09:45 AM
I know I posted that a few days ago, and thank you for your input, I have come to love when the sections of D/S are when I feel a bit scared and then get reassured that I am His for His pleasure, I love that. I am learning and trusting Him more and more!!