PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Kaz
04-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Finally convienced myself to post. Just the chance to see all the different :) was worth it.

I joined because this sort of thing is intresting to me. I'm not sure if it's because it's new, or if I really do like the D/s relationships. In any case, there's nothing wrong with knowledge, so I'm here.

I do have a question though. Quite a few people seem to have started out online. What do people expect to get from online relationships? I honestly can't see any reason to get involved in one.

Aesop
04-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi Kaz and welcome to the forums. :wel

Online relationships aren't really all that different from r/l ones except of course you can't touch each other. In the BDSM world there is also the advantage of anonymity. People are willing to do things online that they won't in r/l because nobody knows who they are. I'll tell you, I'll probably never meet some of my closest friends. Anyway enjoy yourself. :)

submissivewife
04-08-2006, 09:05 PM
:welcomebo Kaz...what Aesop is very true. I have met the most wonderful people online. It is a shame that I won't be able to meet some of my closest friends either. Hope you enjoy!

subwife

Tojo
04-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Finally convienced myself to post. Just the chance to see all the different :) was worth it.

I joined because this sort of thing is intresting to me. I'm not sure if it's because it's new, or if I really do like the D/s relationships. In any case, there's nothing wrong with knowledge, so I'm here.

I do have a question though. Quite a few people seem to have started out online. What do people expect to get from online relationships? I honestly can't see any reason to get involved in one.

Hi & welcome Kaz. As the previous posters said, online relationships can be very very nice indeed. You'd have to try it yourself to find out of course, but if you can find someone to click with, it can be very powerful.

Myself, I live in an isolated area, & am married. Which makes it hard to meet people. Online I can draw from kinky people all over the world.

I've met some of the nicest people I've ever known online & have clicked with a lovely lady who's planning a trip across the sea to meet me.

In fact a little while ago, I was chatting to a new friend on the phone for the first time, in the US.

You can also have a pretty good D/s relationship online too....:)

Tojo

Tojo
04-08-2006, 11:06 PM

Hi & welcome Kaz. As the previous posters said, online relationships can be very very nice indeed. You'd have to try it yourself to find out of course, but if you can find someone to click with, it can be very powerful.

Myself, I live in an isolated area, & am married. Which makes it hard to meet people. Online I can draw from kinky people all over the world.

I've met some of the nicest people I've ever known online & have clicked with a lovely lady who's planning a trip across the sea to meet me.

In fact a little while ago, I was chatting to a new friend on the phone for the first time, in the US.

You can also have a pretty good D/s relationship online too....:)

Tojo

slavebrat
04-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Hello Kaz...As the others said, online relationships are beneficial and rewarding in there own respect. I to have met some very wonderful friends that, I know, I will never get a chance to meet. It is a price to pay for a rewarding friendship.

novus56
04-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Hello Kaz and welcome. Personally, I found online as a less threatening way to become involved in the lifestyle as it is something with which I had little familiarity.