PDA

View Full Version : Bug or Undocumented Feature?

Ozme52
04-14-2006, 03:43 PM
LOL, so here I am again with another software idiosyncrasy. You decide whether it needs attention.

So... when working from a list of threads, such as "New Posts" it could be as much as 20 minutes between the time I start and the time I get to the last item on the list. When I click on each item, it takes me to the thread as it appeared at the time the list was created instead of taking me to the thread and showing me it's current state including any posts made subsequent to the creation of the list.

Obviously, or I wouldn't have written this, :rolleyes: I think it should be the other way around.

Thanx
Oz

submissivewife
04-14-2006, 05:21 PM
After you click on the the link to the thread at the top of the first post should be a link "View First Unread". Click on that and it will take you to the first unread post since your last visit.

Ozme52
04-14-2006, 05:37 PM
It does show the "first" unread. But not the latest. And I shouldn't have to click and wait twice to have the most recent post included.

It should always take me to the first unread post and it should have all the subsequent posts available.

Aesop
04-14-2006, 08:13 PM
It does show the "first" unread. But not the latest. And I shouldn't have to click and wait twice to have the most recent post included.

It should always take me to the first unread post and it should have all the subsequent posts available.

Okay I'm usually pretty savvy when it comes to the forum software, but I think you lost me this time Oz. When I go to the new posts page I can click on the thread title and get the beginning or click on the little paper icon next to the last poster's name and get the last post, but it always shows every post made since I last saw the thread.:confused:

Ozme52
04-14-2006, 09:50 PM
I click the 'New Posts' button and get a list of everything new since the last visit. If I take 20 minutes to go through the whole list, the links take me to the thread as it looked at the time I made the list. Subsequent posts don't appear unless I specifically ask to refresh the page.

Ozme52
04-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Nevermind, I think I figured out what was happening.