PDA

View Full Version : Some Assembly Required

Claymore
04-18-2006, 01:28 PM
So I'm still trying to get my head together regarding who and what I am (hence the title.)

I am all of the following things:
A christian (A Methodist who is every bit as anti calvinism as wesely was)
A Switch
A Conservative Democrat
A feminist (of the old line, that is I think women should be considered equal to men)
A holder of the Safe, Sane, Consentual philosophy
In a committed relationship
In college

There's more than that to me, of course, these are a few labels and I tend to defy the traditional definitions in some of them. For example, I'm protestant, but not Calvinist (I can say more about this elsewhere if anyone is interested.) I call myself a switch because I'm usually submissive, but enjoy dominating from time to time. I'm committed to one person at the moment, and I don't like the fawning attitude that some submissives take towards all Dommes. I don't give that to just anyone. She has to earn it (I can talk about that later, too.)

I've got a lot of questions about my sexuality, because I don't have this figured out yet, not in the least. I'm hoping there are a few christians out there as well, because I'm worried about the implications of this on my life in the church.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell.

Brosco
04-18-2006, 04:33 PM
I can't see any conflict between BDSM and Christianity (Note however, I am not a Christian). From my limited knowlege of the bible, Ruth seems to have been a subbie.

Unfortunately I did have the URLs, but I do know that several BDSM websites and forums that exist, and in the MSN groups, there are several dedicated to this.

You may also want to look at this page:
http://www.leathernroses.com/generalbdsm/gardenerchristianbdsm.htm

Anyways, welcome to the BDSMLibrary, and I hope you enjoy it here.

Brosco

Tojo
04-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Hi & welcome Claymore, I think anyone who isn't trying to figure themselves out to to some extent is probably dead.

Thanks for telling us about yourself- you're not the only Christian who's into bondage & D/s. After all it says in the bible that a wife should 'submit' to her husband...

Good point about the 'fawning attitude' I also believe a Dom/me has to earn respect, the same as anyone.

Hope you enjoy it here, by all means tell us about yourself, we'll listen! :wel

Tojo

katie_21
04-18-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm a Christian...and I'm here :)

Welcome to the forums

submissivewife
04-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks for telling us about yourself- you're not the only Christian who's into bondage & D/s. After all it says in the bible that a wife should 'submit' to her husband...

:mad: Tojo, I can't beleive my reaction to this statement when I read this. Very bad phrase to pull. This statement has been used to keep the wife surpressed for years. My ex used this often to try and keep me with him or do something that I didn't care to do. He was abusive and an ass. I really thought I was past that kind of reaction to this phrase. I guess I was wrong.

Really everyone, there are a lot of us here that can identify as a Christian or of some other faith. You have that right as well as I do. There are those that don't identify as such or agree with everything that is preached.

submissivewife
04-18-2006, 07:41 PM
:welcomebo Claymore hope you enjoy the forums and hope you are able to learn much through here. I have. Good luck.

Aesop
04-18-2006, 09:03 PM
:mad: Tojo, I can't beleive my reaction to this statement when I read this. Very bad phrase to pull. This statement has been used to keep the wife surpressed for years. My ex used this often to try and keep me with him or do something that I didn't care to do. He was abusive and an ass. I really thought I was past that kind of reaction to this phrase. I guess I was wrong.

Really everyone, there are a lot of us here that can identify as a Christian or of some other faith. You have that right as well as I do. There are those that don't identify as such or agree with everything that is preached.

I'm pretty sure Tojo only meant to encourage and welcome our new member by giving her a reference point. I don't think he meant to insult or demean anyone.

Welcome to the forums Claymore. Many of the members are Christians and I'm sure you'll be able to find the answers you're looking for.

submissivewife
04-18-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm pretty sure Tojo only meant to encourage and welcome our new member by giving her a reference point. I don't think he meant to insult or demean anyone.

Welcome to the forums Claymore. Many of the members are Christians and I'm sure you'll be able to find the answers you're looking for.

Oh I am sure he did meant to encourage....Sorry Tojo, I see something like that and I just get a little hot under the collar......

Hope you all have fun here at the forums...I know I do!

samzum
04-18-2006, 09:39 PM
:) Good on you for asking questions. I always maintain that the journey is where you learn the most. Life is always changing, so... change with it. The christian background gives you the roots you may need on your journey, keeping you on the grounds that you choose... taking the ones that fit you.. so to speak. The journey tho.. opens you to all kinds of possibilities, so keep your feet in the beliefs... your mind dreaming all the different roads that will let you grow in all ways... and just follow your heart! :) And have fun doing it! :cool17:

Tojo
04-19-2006, 12:56 AM

Thanks Aesop, you got that right.

Sorry subwife, my apologies- you're the last person I want to upset.

Tojo

Claymore
04-19-2006, 04:29 AM
Thanks all for the warm welcome. I get pretty swamped with school on occasion, so I'll be as active as I can be. :)

I just realised that the summer camp I'm working at this summer wouldn't appreciate one of their employees accessing this site, so I'll be offline then, but back when I'm out. Anyway, I'll get some answers while I can :)

submissivewife
04-19-2006, 05:53 AM
Thanks Aesop, you got that right.

Sorry subwife, my apologies- you're the last person I want to upset.

Tojo

No need to apoligize Tojo, I reacted instead of thinking things through. Sorry for my reaction to the post. Sometimes, unpleasant experiences tend to get the best of me. Please accept my apoligies as well. :rose:

Claymore.....we will be here when camp is through, enjoy your time and we will look forward to your return and your questions.

subwife

Tojo
04-19-2006, 06:56 AM
No worries at all subwife- my sense of humour can be a bit peculiar. :confused:

I'll be happy to kiss & make up anytime. :)

Tojo

submissivewife
04-19-2006, 08:19 AM
No worries at all subwife- my sense of humour can be a bit peculiar. :confused:

I'll be happy to kiss & make up anytime. :)

Tojo
:crawlgirl to you for the make up kiss.....sorry Tojo....:bigkiss: No hard feeling really!

subwife