PDA

View Full Version : Mina says hello

mina
05-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Hey everyone. I've been looking for a place like this to join recently. The thing is, I'm not sure if my lifestyle/relationship is considered a normal BDSM one (some major differences), but I had been wondering if anyone else had experienced anything remotely similar. I'm new to the whole thing, though I've been living like this for almost two years, we just never label it or anything, it just is what it is. Anyway, so I started reading up on some stuff like the whole master/slave thing and TPE and 24/7 and all that sounded pretty close to my relationship. I find it fascinating that there are so many people into this type of thing, and I'm glad I found this forum.

I would like to give more information about myself but I don't know if I should go into detail yet, as some people might not "approve" or something, I don't know.

Aesop
05-17-2006, 10:03 PM
As long as you aren't bringing non-consenting people or children into your relationship I doubt anyone will have a problem with it. We're a pretty open minded bunch 'round here. Welcome to the forums.

Silke
05-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi Mina and... :wel to the forums!
So what're the major differences? *curious* ;)

Tojo
05-18-2006, 02:50 AM
Hi Mina, & welcome. I wouldn't worry too much about offending anyone here, we're all into different things.

I'm sure we'll all await with bated breath for more details.

Hope you enjoy it here. :wel

Tojo

submissivewife
05-18-2006, 03:54 AM
I'm with Silke...whats the major differences? Never know....some of us might want some ideas as well.

:welcomebo Hope you enjoy the forums.

mina
05-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Thanks everyone :)

So, major differences... Sorry if this gets long, I always take forever to explain things and give too much information sometimes (I don't even know if anyone will read this). Anyway, age is one difference. I'm 18 now, still a senior in high school, and he is 28. We've been together since about August two years ago. You do the math. I've been living with him since then too. Just to clear up any possible confusion, legally I was supposed to live with my aunt but that... wasn't working. She's sort of across the street from us too, and doesn't mind our situation (enough to stop it at least). Yes, he did kind of lure me to him when I was at a pretty low point in life, and I went into his house without thinking really, not caring what would happen to me at that point. Turned out alright though.

Anyway, basically... he has total control over my life, decides almost everything for me, and I am completely dependent upon him economically. I'm not allowed to get my driver's license or get a job, etc. He does like to be called Master, but it is not required. I don't know if I'd consider myself a slave though. While I must do everything he asks of me, he doesn't make me do chores or anything like that. In fact, he loves taking care of me and acts kind of as a parent towards me. He feeds me, takes me shopping and buys me clothes he would like me to wear, drives me to school & picks me up afterwards, etc. I also happen to have quite an obsession with Disney and Care bears (kid stuff) and he loves to buy me toys pertaining to them, he thinks my interest in them is cute lol.

If I wanted to though, I could not leave him. There aren't any contracts or anything, and no safe words either. I'll admit, it HAS gotten out of hand sometimes. Do I enjoy everything he does to me? Yes. For the most part. I don't know if anyone here does this (I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere), but lately he's been cutting me and drinking my blood more often. I still haven't decided if I like that. It is rather creepy, but.. I dunno, I always thought the whole vampire thing was pretty sexy. It's just weird when it's actually happening to you. However, I fully enjoy that he is doing what he wants to me.

I don't have anyone to talk to really about him or us. It's frustrating. I have two online best friends (I was a computer nerd before I met him, and he allows me to use his computer still ^^) and they don't like him at all. They just think he's totally taking advantage of me, is too aggressive and abusive, etc. But how is it abuse if I like it? I want it and need it. So, every time I mention him or something me and him did together around them they just get annoyed and tell me to leave him already. I love them but I wish they'd be more supportive.

Can't think of anything else to say... kind of braindead after doing a stupid school project. But there you go, that's basically what my life is like now.

Aesop
05-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Hmm...well I don't like to judge folks, especially those I don't know, so I won't say yea or nay to your relationship with your man, but cutting can be a very dangerous activity. Blood-play has never been one of my favorite activities for that very reason. It's too easy to truly hurt someone. If I were you I would try to call that off for a little while and see how he reacts. You may like what he's doing to you now, but what if in the future you change your mind? Will he allow it? This might be a good test of that. Good luck to you Mina.

Tojo
05-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Well I read it. Sounds creepy to me.

What do you mean 'If I wanted to though, I could not leave him?'

Does that mean you're emotionally committed or that you're held against your will?

Yes drinking blood is a little different...

Hmm.

Tojo

Ozme52
05-18-2006, 10:52 PM
I'd say, regardless of your activities together, the level of play you two engage in, the use of a safeword or not (though having one is highly recommended...) regardless even, if you're entirely happy with him in all other respects...

If you're ultimately staying and playing because you don't feel you have any other options... (and I can see how one might feel that way if one feels totally economically dependent...)

If you don't feel like you could leave if you had to... you're in a dangerous situation. Because ultimately, you will relent to any activity rather than be kicked out.

That's dangerous.

The way most of us play, it's a power exchange. Something you willingly give up. So far, it sounds like something he's taken. A subtle but important difference. Which means, the more he takes (i.e., gets away with,) the more he will push your limits... until you have none... and you end up physically and/or mentally damaged or dead,

You need to talk to him about agreeing to limits... and don't dispair if he drops you... I suspect you could hook up with someone very easily... whether within the bdsm lifestyle or within a more vanilla lifestyle.

Don't be a pawn.

Tojo
05-19-2006, 12:34 AM
Well put Oz, I had to cut my post short. :ty

Wise words there Mina. There's a fine line between fantasy &.....whatever.

Use your head as well as your heart.

Another thing that concerns me at least, is your age. You started doing this when you were 16?
Many people do get involved in serious shennanigans, but not at that age. I think it's wise to start getting involved in D/s play at 18 or 20. Not sure it's good to be involved to such an extent at your age.

I mentioned this to 3 of my friends today, 2 of whom have a lot of experience in D/s play. They all said it sounds very dangerous.

You can do what you want in your life, but I think you know as well as we do- you're on the edge, if not actually falling off it.

Oh, & just because you enjoy something, doesn't mean it's not abuse.

Take care.

Tojo

submissivewife
05-19-2006, 02:48 AM
One thing I have learned through both my Sir and my Daddy, go with your gut feeling. If you feel you are safe than I am happy for you. If you feel you aren't, then by all means, get out and STAY out.

subwife

mina
05-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I really appreciate everyone's concern and advice. You all seem like a very caring and knowledgeable group. I would use the quote thing here but I'm too lazy and there would be too many quotes.

Aesop - I'm aware cutting is dangerous, I used to do it pretty frequently to myself. He disapproves of me doing it for that reason, so it is better that he should cut me instead of myself where at least he can control it.

Oz - While I do not have any other options (I can't imagine going back to live with my aunt and don't have money to be on my own) and wouldn't be allowed to leave anyway, I would NEVER want to leave. I love him too much. As for me willingly giving myself to him as opposed to him taking, I had already given up on life before I met him. Anything he does to me is fine. As cliche as this is, I don't know if I'd be here if it wasn't for him, honestly. I want someone to have control of my life, I don't care if that means I'm weak. I don't think he would push my limits to the point where I could seriously be hurt. He tries to maintain control, but sometimes because of his nature he can lose it. He does apologize (in his own way) later though.

Tojo - I am sorry that is creepy to you lol. Yes, I started when I was 16. I know going with him wasn't the smartest thing to do then, but like I said, it turned out alright. I disagree that I'm on the edge... As I mentioned before, I was at a very low point in life when I met him due to some tragic circumstances. I actually did want to die. Now I have someone who cares about me and would prevent that from ever happening.

submissivewife - I feel very safe with him =)

It's hard to describe everything within one or even a couple messages, but he really is wonderful. I am lucky to be with such a man. I could get all mushy here but I think I'll spare everyone that lol.

Tojo
05-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Thanks for replying Mina. I appreciate that you didn't just say all this, then disappear.

You're very welcome here. Please keep posting- we have spies in Vegas watching your every move. :)

I note you didn't answer the comment that 'just because you enjoy it doesn't mean it's not abuse??'

Yeah I think I can see your point- like you may have a relationship that's not ideal, but it's better than being in a pine box.

Look, I'm not there, I don't know what you're feeling or what's going on. I'm not here to tell you what you should & shouldn't do. All I ask is please keep in touch- you can see you've found a place where people aren't going to say 'OH NO' & run screaming up the road.

Say what you want- we're listening. If you want to talk on a more personal level, PM someone suitable- I'll listen & so will a few others.

Hey at least you've survived this long, you must be doing something right!

Tojo

mina
05-20-2006, 12:20 AM
Thank you for being so supportive, I think I will keep posting =)

Oh and I did not mean to ignore the comment about abuse, please forgive me. I had a lot of things going through my mind then and I forgot it. I'm not sure what to say to that, I mean I still don't consider it abuse if I want it. And I want to again make it a point that I want and NEED to be dominated and controlled like this. I know he loves me very much and would never want to seriously hurt me physically or emotionally. I'm not trying to sugarcoat anything either, I will admit that he does have anger problems (which I really don't blame him for considering his past) and VERY RARELY he will act towards me out of anger, for which he apologizes later. But I think even normal relationships are like that.

I'm also kind of confused by your comments, you said a relationship that's not ideal? To me this is the best I could ask for. I guess I didn't make that clear enough before, but I absolutely love my relationship with him. I would even go as far as to say that fate brought us together.

Ruby
05-20-2006, 01:36 AM
Welcome Mina!

So glad you could join us.

I hope you'll take some time to do more home work on the many aspects of living a BDSM lifestyle.

Only you and your partner can decide where you take your relationship. The more words you have to describe it and the more research you've done on the different types of play, the more you'll be able to define what you want (and don't).

As you continue in this relationship, you may want to bring up some valid concerns:
* What happens in case of emergency if you can't drive him home? (You have no license. Do you carry emergency cash? Do you have a state ID so you can identify your self?)
* What happens to you if he becomes injured or incapacitated? (Do you have a credit card? Can you prove that you are with him and can make decisions for him?)
* Will you have the legal power to pay his bills and take care of him?
* What about you? Medical coverage? Health insurance?

If fate brought you together, then you must help fate take care of the both of you.

Big hugs and squeezes,

Ruby

PS

Mina is a perfect name for a vampire's pet.

Uncle_Ed
05-20-2006, 02:30 AM
Hello and welcome to our little world Mina!

I'm going to write my thoughts as an older person (!) who has brought up three daughters-all older than you!
Please understand that I'm not preaching as I have less experience than many who will chat with you. I do however want you to consider my take on your situation.

I detect a conflict between your head and your heart.
The fact that you are writing here suggests very strongly to me that you need advice as you are lost in your life-despite what you may say about wanting to be in this relationship.

As purely a knee-jerk reaction I would suggest that you need to run-far and fast. I have no idea if this is a practicality. I live in the UK and know nothing about the support you can get from your family or authorities.

Why do I say this? Because in my view a man who takes a 16-year old to live in this situation is extremely dangerous. A man who loses his temper with you is a danger-and a man who drinks your blood is especially so.

You state that he would never hurt you physically or emotionally.
Go back and read your own words. It seems to me he has-and is still doing-both.

If you were at ease with this you would not need to read the opinions of others-that alone should give you pause for thought.

As Tojo has already said-we cannot tell you what to do. I do think that you should VERY VERY CAREFULLY examine your life. You are a precious soul and you have you right to a good life with respect and without fear.

May your God walk with you.

Uncle Ed.

mina
05-20-2006, 02:38 AM
As you continue in this relationship, you may want to bring up some valid concerns:
* What happens in case of emergency if you can't drive him home? (You have no license. Do you carry emergency cash? Do you have a state ID so you can identify your self?)
* What happens to you if he becomes injured or incapacitated? (Do you have a credit card? Can you prove that you are with him and can make decisions for him?)
* Will you have the legal power to pay his bills and take care of him?
* What about you? Medical coverage? Health insurance?

If fate brought you together, then you must help fate take care of the both of you.

Big hugs and squeezes,

Ruby

PS

Mina is a perfect name for a vampire's pet.

Oh my goodness, Ruby... I never thought of some of those things before! I need to start asking him for emergency cash lol. He does give me money for school lunch and stuff... but not enough for an emergency. I'll have to talk to him about that.

About the driving, right now he drives me everywhere but he's decided to re-hire his staff again (he fired them because of us), including a chauffeur, so I guess I will need to get the chauffeur's cell number! Otherwise... I don't know.

And no, I don't have a credit card. He tells me not to worry about money, he pays for everything, including medical stuff. If for some strange reason I needed money elsewhere, my aunt may be of some help then. And if he becomes injured... that would really suck. I don't know, now I have a lot to talk to him about. Thank you so much for bringing all that up.

Oh and the last comment about my name made me smile :) I don't know if you said that because of your Vampire's Pet series (which looks fun btw) or because of my comment about the blood thing. But thank you, I love my name ^^

Once again thanks =)

Tojo
05-20-2006, 02:55 AM
By a 'less than ideal relationship' I meant one where one partner does act towards the other out of anger- even occasionally is too often.

You said in regards to that- 'normal relationships are like that.' That's not true at all.

I can't see that it's better that he should cut you than you do it yourself.
Wouldn't it would be better if he could help you to stop doing it altogether?

There's two issues here, knifeplay is something done as a part of extreme D/s play with experienced consenting people. It's also something that's linked to low self-esteem. I just hope you can see the difference. :shithappe

You said he's cutting you & drinking your blood, & you haven't decided if you like that yet. That's also what I mean by less than ideal- you should not enter into such things until you're ready.

If I wanted to though, I could not leave him. There aren't any contracts or anything, and no safe words either. I'll admit, it HAS gotten out of hand sometimes.

That paragraph also makes me wonder if the relationship is less than ideal.
Again, I'm not there, I don't know the details, I'm just giving my opinion from what you've said. It should never get out of hand.

You seem smart Mina- you seem to be getting some positives from the relationship. It's good that you're going to school & that he doesn't mind you using the PC. All I'm saying, & I think all of us are, is to be a little careful- think about what you do & remember you have rights.

Now if I may throw in my personal opinion here(!) I think you're very young to be involved in something so heavy. I was 18 myself once, back in the time of the dinosaurs- I thought I knew it all.

There's a whole world out there.

Keep in touch & take care. :noprobs:

Tojo

mina
05-20-2006, 02:57 AM
Hello and welcome to our little world Mina!

I'm going to write my thoughts as an older person (!) who has brought up three daughters-all older than you!
Please understand that I'm not preaching as I have less experience than many who will chat with you. I do however want you to consider my take on your situation.

I detect a conflict between your head and your heart.
The fact that you are writing here suggests very strongly to me that you need advice as you are lost in your life-despite what you may say about wanting to be in this relationship.

As purely a knee-jerk reaction I would suggest that you need to run-far and fast. I have no idea if this is a practicality. I live in the UK and know nothing about the support you can get from your family or authorities.

Why do I say this? Because in my view a man who takes a 16-year old to live in this situation is extremely dangerous. A man who loses his temper with you is a danger-and a man who drinks your blood is especially so.

You state that he would never hurt you physically or emotionally.
Go back and read your own words. It seems to me he has-and is still doing-both.

If you were at ease with this you would not need to read the opinions of others-that alone should give you pause for thought.

As Tojo has already said-we cannot tell you what to do. I do think that you should VERY VERY CAREFULLY examine your life. You are a precious soul and you have you right to a good life with respect and without fear.

May your God walk with you.

Uncle Ed.

Whoa that was weird, I must have been writing my reply to Ruby just as you posted. Okay....first of all, I said he would never hurt me SERIOUSLY, where I would be impaired or something. Second of all, the reason I joined this site was because up until recently I had no idea other people lived like this (not exactly like me but you know what I mean), and wanted somewhere to read about other's experiences. The other reason I joined was because I have almost NO ONE else to talk to about this, and I figured people here might be more understanding. I'm tired of hiding it from people, and having to censor what I say to my friends. And it does feel good to talk about it and be honest about it.

I do appreciate your concern though. Really, thank you. But I promise you I'm fine and happy like this. I don't think he's dangerous either. I consider myself extremely lucky that he chose me and am able to live like this. I don't think age matters either. If he had to find someone younger to be the perfect sub and partner for him, who cares? It all works out in the end.

mina
05-20-2006, 03:52 AM
Tojo -

Sorry if I start making no sense - it's pretty late and I'm tired, no bed time was set up tonight.

The cutting. I would do it out of depression and the fact that it felt good. It feels good when he does it to me. I don't mind if he cuts me (I talked to him about not doing it on my arms - he agreed), the part I'm kind of iffy about is the blood drinking. The thing about the blood... I do sort of like it, but I came from a very religious background, and if my mother was still alive she would have deemed it satanic. I know my other activities with him aren't exactly "moral" either, but out of everything we do together the blood seems to be the most... I don't even know the word. If I brought this up to him as a huge issue he might reconsider doing it, yes. But I don't want to deny him anything when he gets those urges.

When I said it had gotten out of hand before, I just meant sometimes he had gone a little too far, and he did apologize later like I said. I didn't say he regularly takes it too far, but he has in the past and we've talked about it afterwards to prevent it in the future.

And when I said normal relationships are like that with regards to taking your anger out on someone... I still agree with that. Are you saying husbands and wives never yell at each other? No names have ever been called? In regards to physical, wouldn't you agree that some men have maybe accidentally done something they didn't mean to? One of my online friends, who has probably the most "normal" cute relationship I can think of, had something like that happen, just a minor thing one time. I'm just saying it happens, maybe not for everyone though.

Now if I may throw in my personal opinion here(!) I think you're very young to be involved in something so heavy. I was 18 myself once, back in the time of the dinosaurs- I thought I knew it all.

There's a whole world out there.

Hehe. You used to be young?
Anyway, I do agree that it's a lot for this age. But I still think his timing was perfect in my life. He really saved me. The emotional abuse I suffered from my aunt was a hundred times worse than anything he's ever done to me.

I know it's extreme and it's not normal, but it's what works for me. And I am careful. Once again, thanks for caring :)

Ruby
05-20-2006, 04:00 AM
Oh and the last comment about my name made me smile :) I don't know if you said that because of your Vampire's Pet series (which looks fun btw) or because of my comment about the blood thing. But thank you, I love my name ^^

Once again thanks =)

Ever read Dracula?

Mina as in Wilhelmina "Mina" Murray, aka Harker's devoted fiancée, became Count Dracula's "pet".

When you mentioned blood play and I saw your online name, I wondered if you had picked it for that reason.

* gets all distracted thinking about some of
the handsome men who have played the count...

right - where were we? *

Welcoming you the forum,
suggesting that you do a bit of research to maximize the success of your relationship and offering lots of advice.

If you ever want to chat, PM or e-mail, I'm here.

Got questions you want to ask the forum? Ask away.

I'd say "be good and have fun" but that can be such an oxymoron. LOL

Please visit us often.

Ruby

mina
05-20-2006, 04:18 AM
Ruby -

Oh yeah, forgot about the Dracula thing. Actually, Mina is my real name and I couldn't think of a creative username so I just used that.

Have you ever seen Queen of the Damned or Interview with the Vampire? Sexy vampires there, minus Tom Cruise. I have a folder on the computer with over a thousand pictures of Lestat from Queen of the Damned lol. Master actually saw the folder once (when it didn't have as many pictures) and got kind of mad, but I told him I just thought Lestat was "cool". Thankfully he didn't make me delete it though ^^

I'd say "be good and have fun" but that can be such an oxymoron. LOL

Hahaha, so true.

Anyway, thank you so much for your support and I hope to chat with you sometime. (By the way, is sometime even a word? Is it some time? With a space? My god I'm paranoid, I need sleep.)

DungeonMaster6
05-20-2006, 04:48 AM
Hi Mina and welcome to our group. A lot has been said already which I agree with. I just want to say this. Domination and submission is a mutual thing between two consenting adults. You said:"...VERY RARELY he will act towards me out of anger..." I'm here to tell you that a scene should NEVER be done out of anger.

Silke
05-20-2006, 04:50 AM
Hiya Mina and welcome to the forums. :)

I've been reading this thread and your posts for a while now and really didn't know how to respond to it...so I just kept my mouth shut for a while. *grins* Kind of a natural reaction for me when something really gets to me. ;)

I'm still pretty new to the BDSM world myself and a lot of the more serious stuff out there just makes me gasp. I've talked to a friend about the concept of drinking blood as a form of intense play and I think I get the idea of what's the appeal *gulps*, but as others have said before...to me this would have to be something that both partners consent to. Consent is just the basis of what BDSM means to me and what makes it work for me. I choose to give over my control, my power to someone I love and trust willingly and if he'd ever abuse this trust I place with him, I'd be gone.

Well, that's what my reason says anyway - and here's where it gets tricky. ;) I've found that as soon as I submit to someone he means the world to me, I want to please him, get devastated when I think I disappoint him, I might even be afraid of losing what I have because I say no or would probably consent to something that hasn't been negotiated before, just because he brings it up in the heat of passion. So, my emotional side sings a different tune and I'm glad that I've found someone to submit to who keeps an eye on that, thinks FOR me when I can't.

It's easy to get lost in the emotional side (and it's wonderful!) and I really hope that your partner keeps an eye out for you, too. I'm not the advice kind of person with matters that I understand so little, so I'll spare you any ramblings *grins*. I hope that you find the friendship and openness you are looking for here and know this is a place where you can always find a few open ears, no matter what's on your mind. I know that talking with others living the lifestyle has helped me tremendously and has been a wake up call more than once. Oh....and it's also FUN to be here! :D

Again, welcome, Mina...hope to hear more from you! :)

Silke

Rabbit1
05-20-2006, 05:52 AM
Welcome to the forums Mina, yes for the lifestyle we lead we are for the most part a caring group ---Know that you have friends here ---and can talk to us any time and say anything that is on your mind. The way I read your situation does concern me as you were much too young to start with and have had very little experience other than with him---so it is hard to make a choice when you have nothing to compare to.

but that is just a personal opinion ---and yes I do advise safe words ---no matter how loving and how far you think your partner will go ----sometimes even the best of us go a little to far and it no longer is enjoyable to our partners----In this life a safe word is almost a must. If your master really does care about you and does not want to really hurt you ---he will have no problem with the use of a safe word. I do urge you to decuss it with him ---as this life can be very pleasureable ---but it also can be very hurtful ---
Feel free to talk to us any time

and once again welcome to the forums

mina
05-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Hi Mina and welcome to our group. A lot has been said already which I agree with. I just want to say this. Domination and submission is a mutual thing between two consenting adults. You said:"...VERY RARELY he will act towards me out of anger..." I'm here to tell you that a scene should NEVER be done out of anger.

Oh sorry if that was confusing, I wasn't talking about a "scene" (we don't really use that word) or anything sexual in regards to the anger thing. I meant in daily life sometimes he has lost his temper and done something, either verbal or physical.

Silke - I truly appreciate you sharing all that with me, and I can understand what you're saying. I'm also glad you have found someone who looks out for you like that, that's wonderful. I understand about consent, and I do consent to him doing whatever he wants with me, including the blood even if I have my doubts about it morally. Anyway, thanks and I hope to talk with you in the future :)

Rabbit - First of all, I love your avatar. The thing about the safe word is that I don't want him to feel like I don't trust him already. I'm also not sure if I would enjoy it as much if there was a safe word - that takes something away from it. I want it to feel slightly dangerous, I want him to have total control like that. Btw, what would be a good safe word to use anyway? I can imagine most safe words would just encourage him more. Thank you for your advice.

Tojo
05-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Methinks we may have underestimated your intelligence, young lady.

One of my girls is only 19 but amazingly smart & mature. (That's online, I'm not that much of a perv....)

When you're 'ancient' like I am it's easy to forget that back when we were kids, we were the mushroooms- kept in the dark & fed nothing but- well you know.

The world is a different place now, knowledge is there for the taking- hell we oldies all thought we were the only one til we discovered the 'net in many cases.

Yes you may seem somewhat 'on the edge' & living a life that many wouldn't contemplate. However what's important is that you seem to have as much control as you need. It's great to see you're going to school, a brain like yours needs nourishment.

You make the point that a safe word might encourage him more. I've never felt comfortable with the idea of 'safe words'. I'm not sure why, but what you said is a good point.

If you really trust someone, maybe safe words don't matter? Maybe your reactions will be enough for them to stop. Maybe it depends on what you're doing.

Keep learning, none of us knows it all- & thanks for sharing. I think you've found acceptance & some friends here.

Tojo

Masters_lilone
05-20-2006, 04:57 PM
HI THERE AND WELCOME TO THE GROUP IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FOURM JUST ASK:wel:

Ruby
05-21-2006, 12:54 AM
I'm also not sure if I would enjoy it as much if there was a safe word - that takes something away from it. I want it to feel slightly dangerous, I want him to have total control like that. Btw, what would be a good safe word to use anyway? I can imagine most safe words would just encourage him more. Thank you for your advice.

We've got lots of threads around here on safe words.

My own safe words are fairly simple:

No,
stop,
please dont,
leg/stomach/foot cramp,
potty break,
mercy and
the ever serious -- no f*cking way!

When I'm with my husband or my pet, no means no. Then there's the more mundane phrases in everyday life:

cat/dog needs out
teen alert
neighbor alarm
knocking at the door / door bell
UPS man

It all seems so ordinary, but the reality is that you probably already have
safe words in place. If he listens when you speak and no, means no, then I wouldn't even bring up the concept.

If on the other hand, he's taking your "scening/playtime" to new levels then they are something to consider.

The easiest to use are green, yellow and red. Green for keep going, yellow for needing to slow down and adjust, ask a question, etc. Red for a full on stop.

On another note...sigh Lestat.

You have excellent taste in your vamps Miss Mina!

Uncle_Ed
05-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Hi again Mina,

I have written poems in the past for my daughters in an attempt to communicate thoughts and emotions at a deep level.

The following MAY say something to you:

LET ONLY HISTORY BE MY JUDGE?

FOR IT MAY BE TIME TO REJOICE,
OR ELSE THE CHOICE
WE MADE ONE DAY LED DOWN A DARKER PATH.

BUT PALE ILLUMINATION FEATURES ON OUR WAY
AND WE HAVE TIME TO STOP AND STAY
A WHILE TO TASTE EACH UNIQUE MOMENT.

TIMES TOGETHER. TOR ON THE LIFESCAPE, MINUTES BUILT ON MINUTES THAT WE SHARE.
UNASSAILABLE IN THE PAST BUT DELICATE IN CARE
IN THE SOFT MACHINE’S TENDER MEMORY.

WE MAY PEEK AT THE LIVES OF OTHERS IF WE WISH.
THEIR EVERY MOMENT GUARANTEED IMMORTALITY-A DISH
MUCH PICKED OVER AT TEA BREAK.

WOULD WE BE FOOL ENOUGH TO NOTE
THE VIEWS OF THE OTHERS AND HOW THEY’D VOTE?
WOULD WE HOLD OUR FAILINGS, WOULD WE SHOW OUR FEELINGS TO THE COMMONALITY?

WOULD ALEXANDER HAVE PAUSED IF HE KNEW
THE OPINIONS OF THOSE WHOM HIS ARMIES SLEW?

mina
05-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Tojo - Ahh your compliments made me smile =) Thanks for being so understanding. <3

Masters_lilone - Thank you.

Ruby - The first three safe words you gave (no, stop, and please don't), I was thinking "Yeah right... those would turn him on more!" and then I read the potty break one and started cracking up! That WOULD be a perfect safe word... talk about turning someone off lol. You know, if things really got out of control I might have to use that. I might use it anyway just to see his reaction! Thanks for the advice, much love <3

Ed - That's very cool of you to share your poem with me. I like the idea of writing poems to communicate deeper feelings and thoughts to people. I'm not sure what you were hoping I'd get out of it, but it didn't really change my mind about anything. However, that doesn't mean it wasn't interesting to read or well written. Thanks for sharing.

Tojo
05-21-2006, 03:15 AM
Anytime babe.

Take care. :)

Tojo

Ozme52
05-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Oz - While I do not have any other options (I can't imagine going back to live with my aunt and don't have money to be on my own) and wouldn't be allowed to leave anyway, I would NEVER want to leave. I love him too much. As for me willingly giving myself to him as opposed to him taking, I had already given up on life before I met him. Anything he does to me is fine. As cliche as this is, I don't know if I'd be here if it wasn't for him, honestly. I want someone to have control of my life, I don't care if that means I'm weak. I don't think he would push my limits to the point where I could seriously be hurt. He tries to maintain control, but sometimes because of his nature he can lose it. He does apologize (in his own way) later though.

This statement is one of those danger signs, clear and presenst danger. If he can't control himself... and apologizes later... but "in his own way" as you put it... You are definitely in danger of getting "battered spouse" syndrome. It will escalate in violence as you continue to make excuses for his uncontrolled behavior. If he has so much rage that he regrets it but allows it to recur, you will end up in the hospital, probably multiple times. And when he begins to tire of you... he will begin to blame you for his behavior. You need to find another option.

Sorry Mina, but that's how I see it.

mina
05-21-2006, 10:14 PM
This statement is one of those danger signs, clear and presenst danger. If he can't control himself... and apologizes later... but "in his own way" as you put it... You are definitely in danger of getting "battered spouse" syndrome. It will escalate in violence as you continue to make excuses for his uncontrolled behavior. If he has so much rage that he regrets it but allows it to recur, you will end up in the hospital, probably multiple times. And when he begins to tire of you... he will begin to blame you for his behavior. You need to find another option.

Sorry Mina, but that's how I see it.

I shouldn't have used the word "sometimes". Only very rarely has he lost control, and I wasn't about to die or anything. He doesn't allow it to recur either, those were just mistakes. And by "in his own way" I meant he does something very sweet =)

Please don't worry, I'm very happy with him. I can't imagine he would "begin to tire" of me either, he is pretty obsessed with me. We have plans for marriage as well.

Ruby
05-21-2006, 10:45 PM
We have plans for marriage as well.

Whoo hoo!

So, he could be the one.

Congrats, Mina.

Ruby

PS

From what I'm reading, you have found a relationship that meets your needs, wants and desires. That's a beautiful thing.

Warbaby1943
05-23-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm not trying to sugarcoat anything either, I will admit that he does have anger problems (which I really don't blame him for considering his past) and VERY RARELY he will act towards me out of anger, for which he apologizes later. But I think even normal relationships are like that.

Mina,

I'm certainly no expert but this sounds like abuse to me. I did have a niece who was a battered wife and she used to say very similar things like he was so sorry after the fact. Nuff on that subject, you have to decide.

Ruby hit the nail on the head with her comments. I believe you should have a drivers license and I also think you should have some type of job. Even if it is just part time. At least you'll have a couple bucks to call your own and give you a little self esteem. Maybe that would help keep you from ever getting to as low of a point in your life as you were at 2 years ago. 16 is way too young to give up all hope. Even now you are very young to have to decide the path the remainder of your life will take.

Keep in touch here.

mina
05-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Whoo hoo!

So, he could be the one.

Congrats, Mina.

Ruby

PS

From what I'm reading, you have found a relationship that meets your needs, wants and desires. That's a beautiful thing.

Thanks! I'm so excited for it too. And yes, he is definitely the one.

Warbaby - I don't really know how to respond to that, other than I disagree completely. About getting a job... it would seem very disrespectful and ungrateful of me to try to make my own money when he's already said he'd take care of me. It would be like I didn't trust him or something. He's extremely generous with his money when it comes to me and usually buys me whatever I desire if he approves, so there's really no need for me to make my own money. I do agree with you about the driver's license... I only want it in case there's an emergency though.

Warbaby1943
05-26-2006, 03:50 AM
Thanks! I'm so excited for it too. And yes, he is definitely the one.

Warbaby - I don't really know how to respond to that, other than I disagree completely. About getting a job...
Mina,

Believe me in my lifetime there were/are many who disagree with me. I usually speak what I think and believe. As you know, everyone is different and has to live their lives according to their own circumstances. Look at my age and remember I saw women's lib begin. :)

Just be happy in what you do, that is the main thing.