PDA

View Full Version : Stories VS Real Life Play

BBW Submissive
05-27-2006, 11:02 AM
I am new to the BDSM community and I am wondering how much truth there is in the stories I have read. Some of the stories are very intense and would be illegal if they were actually true. I read a story about how young girls were abducted then made into slaves. They were told that their old life was gone and this was their new life. This has to be a work of real fiction because my understanding is that the slave is actually willling to serve the master not that they have to be forced into it. Also do masters really force their submisives to eat brown and drink yellow. I believe that is called scat and the other is a golden champagne. Anyways that seems sick to me. I am a submissive but no way would I eat or drink something that grosse. I was just wondering how much of the stories I have read are true and how much of the stories I have read are simply made up for entertainment purposes.

Mistress Florence
05-27-2006, 01:07 PM
The term Safe Sane & Consensual means that whatever the people in the BDSM relationship are doing, they're doing it because they ultimately want to, and have talked it over and believe there is no danger. What seems sick to one person is hot and sexy to another, everyone has limits, and these vary. Scat doesn't interest me at all, but watersports I do enjoy. I wouldn't piss on/in my slave if he found it too much, pushing his limits.
BDSM stories can be extreme, they're extreme because it's fiction, and there are no limits in fiction. Sure, forced sexual slavery and prostitution exists, and that's entirely different. I expect people who write/read such and act out such to find it a turn as a fantasy, as a roleplaying scenario, but nothing more. The way I see it, they're made up for entertainment but based on facts to varying extent. It is perfectly acceptable that you as a sub would not engage in scat and watersports, because everyone is different, so there isn't really any 'but' about it.
Welcome to the community and this forum, enjoy your stay!
I hope I make sense and am not being too all over the place with my explaining - I'm tired.

_ID_
05-27-2006, 03:06 PM
As Mistress Florence indicated the storys that are so erotic and extreme of the BDSM kind are just that, stories. The term SSC or Safe Sane and Consensual has merit, and since your new to BDSM it would be in your best interest to stick with that mentality. As you indicated in another post your looking for implicit trust with a Master, when you reach that trust, he is going to know your limits, what would be pushing your limits, and what you just cream yourself when he does to you. So worrying about not doing or doing something with someone, well it's best to discuss what you expect, as well as what he expects. Remove any doubt as to what would cause you to seek legal matters if he were to do it. Google acivity checklist, fill one out, and as your experiences grow in BDSM review it, see how your limits change, or not change, and what your expecting out of play.

Aussiegirl1
05-27-2006, 05:49 PM
I am new to the BDSM community and I am wondering how much truth there is in the stories I have read. Some of the stories are very intense and would be illegal if they were actually true.

Welcome to the forums Submissive,

As an author of some stories in the library, I can say that all my stories are fiction. I too used to wonder that same question when I first starting reading the stories a few years back. Now that I write stories myself, I know that I can make my characters do anything, legal or illegal, gross or nice and there is no harm done. I hate to read about real life abuses but love to put them into stories. It is all part of the fantasy.

Hope this has helped.

Aussiegirl:)

Qmoq
05-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Aussiegirl, thank goodness for your post. I agree with you entirely. Fiction is fiction. Just as Quentin Tarantino doesn't condone shooting up a bank, you and I don't condone everything (particularly the non-consensual stuff) that goes on in the stories.

But hey, if it gets me hard, and it doesn't involve kids, then I'm all for it.

Q xx

Aussiegirl1
05-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Aussiegirl, thank goodness for your post. I agree with you entirely. Fiction is fiction. Just as Quentin Tarantino doesn't condone shooting up a bank, you and I don't condone everything (particularly the non-consensual stuff) that goes on in the stories.

But hey, if it gets me hard, and it doesn't involve kids, then I'm all for it.

Q xx

Hey thanks Q.
This is what I love about this site, you get such nice feedback. :)
I certainly agree with the no kids bit, just makes you sick to think about it.

Tojo
05-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Speaking for myself, I certainly wouldn't do half the things in my stories. Hell I'd hardly do any of them!

I'm sure the same goes for everyone- after all we all put disclaimers on the stories don't we?

In r/l I couldn't do half the things people seem to get up to even if my girl begged me to.

Small point here too, I don't see a woman's abuse being a whole lot more acceptable than kids, or men for that matter. Everyone is important- well almost everyone, I'm not THAT acccepting!

Tojo

Drake The Punisher
06-12-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm far from experienced or an expert, but my thoughts are that stories are essentially fantasies, and anything can happen in them regardless of real world ethical difficulties (kidnapping somebody to be a slave, instead of find a consensual partner to be play a similar but willing role). In Real Life, caution and respect are extremely important (again, I'm no expert, but this is how I feel). My two cents, anyway.

submissivewife
06-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Since most of my stories on the tamer side of things, I would absolutely LOVE to act them out! Now, The extreme stuff....that would depend on the activity.

animanota
06-12-2006, 06:37 PM
I love the fiction that I find around the net. Generally the harder the better but that doesn't really fit into my normal life. It's like any bit of fiction. It's purly the imagination of the writer. It's purpose is to arouse and entertain, not inform.

her_Joe
06-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Fiction means "it ain't real." That sounds like "enuff said" but of course the point of it is to make it sound believable and, if the writer is good, sometimes some pretty wild things make you look up and wonder what happened to Kansas.

Actually, there is another way to approach fiction -- it's called "bio-fiction" and you're familiar with it from things like "All the Presiden'ts Men," "The DaVinci Code," historical romances, and so on. In bio-fiction the author takes real people, and real events, and uses them to spin his story.

Right now I'm finishing the first chapter of what I hope will become a good BDSM novel featuring myself, my submissive, and real people I know both on and offline. It is taking all of my over 30 years of experience as a writer to deal with the material. The problem is in two parts -- first of all, life is stranger than fiction and no one would find believable many of the things that really happen ... so they have to be "watered down" or reformatted; the other problem is that all of us are really too "boring" to be very exciting in fiction, so we have to be spruced up and reformatted.

That wasn't a direct answer to your question, but several other people did that, and I hope I put a little different slant on it for you.

Good reading!
hJ

TomOfSweden
09-15-2006, 03:59 PM
All my stories are based on feelings I have had in various reletionships and situations. I don't write anyting only from fantasy. Everything is somewhere based on someones desires, but the actions depicted are a dramatisation. Partly because it is a story and irrelevant information has to be stripped, (or it will be boring to read) which actually changes the story a bit. Another thing that I like changing is consequence. In reality we're a lot likely to be ruled by comitments and everyday life, (like not being infinatly rich). In the stories we can get rid of all those barriers and play out every sceniaro to it's fullest. So, yes, it's all fantasy but not entirely.

sweetlily743
09-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Sorry if I'm jumping into the conversation and if it's totally unrelated, but I just had a quick question and wanted to get all of your responses to it.

I've been reading stories for quite a while, probably before I should have, but the last year or so I've been trying to find out what my real interests are (and yes, I've begun the enrolling process in the Academy). But regarding the reality of stories...if you read about something, and it makes you excited, is that at all a telling factor in what you would be interested in if it were to happen in real life? Here's an example in case the question is confusing...let's say I've been reading stories that contain spanking, and they've all excited me. Would it be reasonably safe to assume that real-life spanking would also excite me? Or is there really no way to tell/judge my reaction until it actually happened?

Thanks in advance,
~Lily

Silke
09-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Hmm, I can only give you my own experiences here...

I think sometimes it IS an indicator and sometimes it's just a fantasy. Usually it's quite obvious for me. There are some stories that I get all hot and bothered about, but they'd never be something I'd try as they overstep my hard limits. As an example - I only read a friggin hot story about K9 play just now, but I'd never ever want to be fucked by a dog in real life, lol. Period. End of story. It's a fantasy. ;)

Like you, I've read stories before I ever got into toying with the matter in r/l. And still, most of my 'play' has been with myself. Sure, I've actually played out some of my fantasies, but I haven't had a dom to play with in r/l. I think that's still a huge step I'll take down the road.

Still, yeah...you can play out some stuff and get an initial feeling of what it's like for you. To spank yourself for someone else...feel what it's like to give up control...go through different scenarios. Some of my fantasies have proven to stand up to reality, some of the ones I've tried I'm still not sure about. Just play around - the academy is a great starting point and a safe environment to do just that - and find out what makes you hot, learn more about yourself, your body, your reactions, your comfort level, yourself. It'll only help you to get more familiar with your likes and dislikes when you finally meet someone special you want to submit to.

Not sure this helps in any way - I guess everyone must find their own way through this. But sharing here, asking questions, hearing other people's stories...all of this helped me to grow as a submissive. Hell, even to find out whether the whole submissive fantasies are just that or whether it's more. For me, it IS more. It's a part of myself that literally screamed to get out, and that I never heard until I chose to listen.

Good luck on your own path and I'm looking forward to seeing you at the academy as well. :)

Silke

Timberwolf
09-19-2006, 11:41 PM
I think there are some things best left to fantasy, and stories are fine for those. This place is our version of Hollywood, I guess. Slave auctions, as one example. I don't think we really need to bring back the moral issue of selling human beings. But as a story device, it's something I could see writing about, and as fantasy I can see the appeal to it. In fact I've only ever personally read stories that had women as the slaves being auctioned. I might try writing a Femdom slave auction of men some time, just to give it a new twist. I even had a dream about that once.

Would I ever really want to be auctioned (or for that matter actually buy a human)? No way. First of all I'm happly with someone and secondly, I just wouldn't take well to being treated like property to that degree. But as fantasy, it's a thing I can see working with and having a lot of fun.

The biggest difference between real BDSM and the fantasy that I've seen is I read a lot of stories about people being "forced" into the role of submissive. Now me personally I don't always go along with saying that's good entertainemnt (though it is possible) but in real life I have a much harsher term for that, and would never condone it, as most true lifestylers never would.

As for the scat/pee thing, that's a very hard limit for me, but I guess some people really do it. I honeslty can't imagine why personally but to each their own, I guess.

_ID_
09-20-2006, 05:02 AM
The scat/pee thing is purely a humiliation act. Its a dirty activity, and therefore the person on either part of the activity would view it as a humiliation act for the reciepeant being either dirty or in some way debased.

I'm not into the scat scene, nor do I want to be. The pee part holds an intrest for me, but merely as something I haven't done, but would be interested in doing (with a willing partner of course) just for the experience of it.

V/R
ID