PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge Base forum

His_pita
05-29-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm just curious on here who thinks the splitting of the Knowledge Base was a good idea. I personally don't. I think that forum is stagnant and would be much more active if they were all combined again. Just my opinion of course, but I thought I would voice it. :ty

_ID_
05-29-2006, 06:08 PM
I guess since I don't know different. The way it is now works for me.

Silke
05-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Hiya,

I'm curious about this because I haven't been here for too long. What do you mean by splitting the forum? The Questions section and the general one? And how was it before? It'd be awesome if you could fill me in on this. :)

I'd love to hear everybody's opinions and suggestions - I really think it's a bit confusing the way it is right now and a bit tiring to navigate, but that might just be me. So...whaddyall think? ;)

vistana
05-29-2006, 06:18 PM
The Knowledge Base only got subsections fairly recently (I don't know exactly when). Before that all those threads were in one area, what's now the general Knowledge Base area. There were no 'Questions for a Master'/Mistress/Slave/Switch areas.

I think I agree that it was better without them, since it's not like posing a question in one section limits the range of people who answer it(and it shouldn't), except that it's more tiresome to get to all the threads this way.

His_pita
05-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Vistana is right. I think it was called Knowledge or Advice. I just think it limits people and I for one often don't think to go into the switch forum when I very well might be able to help answer something.

Aesop
05-29-2006, 08:20 PM
I understand your point ladies and while I agree that it is sometimes more confusing I think it serves a purpose. Some post titles are misleading or non-descriptive. If they are just in the Knowledge Base forum they may be ignored by those that could answer the question. Now if they are in the ask a "fill in the blank" section there seems to be a greater response by the folks who have that role.

Silke
05-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Ok, that makes sense. What was the reason to have two seperate sections for Questions for a Master/Mistress, though? I'm not sure that there's too many questions that would be specific to either party and it DOES lead to double posting in both sections.

Aesop
05-29-2006, 08:41 PM
True it does lead to double posts, but one example of a reason to have seperate categories is that a male sub is - generally speaking - more likely to ask questions of a mistress than a master. Gender can have a lot to do with how the questions are answered as well. I'm certainly willing to look at changing things if enough folks think it's a good idea, but I kind of like having the categories seperated.

Rabbit1
05-30-2006, 03:32 AM
the suggestion to add the extra categories came from a very wise and one of the oldest members here---It in no way was meant to limit expressions only to enhance ---you can still post your experences in the Knowledge base --but an area was set up for specific questions---there was so much posting in there that sometimes questions were not noticed ---now they are and most are being answered--- And I gladly give Ruby the credit for the suggestion as it seems to have helped those who had questions get answers.

_ID_
05-30-2006, 04:11 AM
I don't really pay attention to what section the posts are in. Since I come here at least once everyday. I use the "new posts" function on the menu bar. That brings up everything I haven't seen since my last visit. This way I don't miss anything in any of the sections. I use firefox, so I just go down the list of posts, right click have that post open in a new tab, once I have opened all the posts I want to read, I just go through the tabs reading and commenting as I feel the need. Once I have closed all the tabs, then I know I have gone through everything I wanted to read or comment on.

Hope my method helps others in their navigation.

Warbaby1943
05-30-2006, 04:22 AM
I haven't been here long enough to comment on how things used to be. I do as IDCrewDawg described as far as looking at the new posts. My only question would be - do the new post only include new threads or do they include new posts made to older threads? I guess I can answer that myself by looking at them more closely on my next visit.

P.S. Found out the answer. It appears that it lists new posts whether they are part of an older thread or an brand new post. So I guess this format works for me.

Pete Moss
02-17-2007, 08:53 PM
IDC thanks for the pointer on checking "new posts"....that helps...

PM

_ID_
02-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Glad I could help

Rhabbi
03-03-2007, 04:11 PM
I kind of like the way it is set up, but of course I might have liked the old way better. I do know there is one question that is running through my head that, if i post it, i would be hard placed to put into a specific forum. ie Q for a Master/Mistress or sub/slave.

Guest 91108
03-03-2007, 05:59 PM
post it if it needs to be moved the Mod for that section will put it in the proper space. I think that would be Red or Baby Girl{W}. Either way it's never a problem.