PDA

View Full Version : Not Your Typical Member

Guest013109
05-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Hello all...

I've been involved in/out of the BDSM lifestyle off/on since I was 17 (12 years). So, I have quite the experience to say the least. I used to visit this forum QUITE often, but haven't in about two years.

Since devoting myself to becoming a faithful Christian, my enjoyment of the D/s lifestyle kind of ceased. As of late, my curiousities have returned and I'm having a hard time balancing my faith and D/s love.

I'm married, so I want to find a way to incorporate a D/s bond between us at the same time stay faithful to my faith (if possible). So, I'm not looking to 'hit' on anyone or for pics or anything like that. Sowwie ladies. ;)

Just looking for some insight, new friends and good talks. ;)

Tojo
05-30-2006, 01:39 AM
Hi & welcome MOF- hope you enjoy it here. Thanks for the intro.

Tojo :wel

MrDom
05-30-2006, 02:29 AM
hi manoffaith glad your here.

There are some Christian D/s groups out there That incorparte D/s and the bible. Not many but a few. In you do a (Christian BDSM )search of the web and read the descpriptions you should beable to find them easily.

submissivewife
05-30-2006, 02:51 AM
:wel: ManofFaith hope you enjoy the forums. Personally, I don't see why you can't have a D/s lifestyle and still have your faith regarless if it were Christianity or otherwise. Many here follow some faith and still have a D/s relationship. Finding what works for you and your spouse, in your faith, that will fulfill your desires will be the key to your relationship. Also, you didn't mention if your wife is a willing participant.....that needs to be addressed as well.

subwife

Aesop
05-30-2006, 05:12 AM
Welcome to the forums. I see no conflict in having your faith and enjoying a fulfilling d/s relationship with your wife. I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

MsUther
05-30-2006, 05:28 AM
Hi ManOfFaith. I hope you will enjoy it here and find the insight and friends that most of us are looking for on this forum. Good luck with your faith issues. You will find a way, im sure :p

Warbaby1943
05-30-2006, 05:48 AM
Hi ManOf Faith,

Welcome.

I personally see no conflict with your faith if you are only talking about incorporating BDSM activities with your wife. I'm not a great studier of the Bible, nor do I try to sound authoritative when it comes to religious discussions but I will tell you what a minister once told me years and years ago - "Anything consenting between man and wife is fine in the eyes of God." This was in the days long before all this talk about free sex and anything goes.

If I could suggest, why not ask your minister his thoughts on adult activities between man and wife. If the minister is worth his salt I believe this will ease your conscience.

Silke
05-30-2006, 06:38 AM
:wel back ManOfFaith...I can only join in the choir of voices here - I don't really see it as a problem to combine faith with BDSM activities. The way I see it a healthy D/s relationship is built on consent, trust and passion. And where should that contrast with faith?

Hope to see and hear more of you around here. :)

Lina
05-30-2006, 07:42 AM
ManofFaith,

I had a simmilar connundrum for a while. I am a Roman Catholic and active in my church. for a while I thought my desires that leaned into BDSM territory were conflicting with that. But if your wife is willing and you both get enjoyment from it I see no reason that should conflict with faith. Welcome. I've made friends here and I'm sure you will too.

Cheers

Lina

maddie
05-30-2006, 10:35 AM
ManofFaith, so long as you're only involved with your wife and you always respect her, I think you'll be OK. I can understand your concern, but I don't honestly think there's anything wrong with enjoying sex. I'd be wary of any church-type person who told me sex shouldn't be fun.

Alex Bragi
05-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Well, you sound like an interesting man, ManOfFaith. I'm looking forward to knowing you but, of course, not in the biblical sense. ;)

eviana
05-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Welcome to the forums. i hope you find what you are looking for here.

Guest013109
05-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Well, well - I'm overwhelmed with the amount of positive feedback from my introduction. I truly appreciate everybody's response and viewpoint. As I'm a man of my word, I want to give a little thanks to each one individually...

@ eviana, MsUtter, aesop, and ToJo - TY for the quick greet.
@ Alex Bragi - TY for the compliments. Interesting eh? ;) I think I'd enjoy getting to know you as well. I'll send a PM your way. :)
@ maddie - TY for the advice. I'm a faithful man; therefore, I do want to keep all BDSM activities between wifey and me. Sure, its cool to discuss the lifestyle with others, but it would stop there.
@ Lina - It is nice to hear someone who can relate. I'm sure I'll make plenty of friends. :winks:
@ Silke - TY for the quick greet and I look forward to browsing the forums as well.
@ WarBaby1943 - TY for the advice as well. I do agree that any sexual interaction between wife/husband is fine in God's eyes as long as it is not abusive to either or. I haven't dropped the 'B' bomb at church yet - so we'll see.
@submissivewife - TY for the encouraging words. Wifey and I have discussed here/there in past our BDSM likes/dislikes. We both like to be switches 'when the mood prompts' So, no problems there.
@ MrDom - TY for the advice - I'll check out the Web this evening.

Guest013109
05-31-2006, 09:00 PM
After the long list of thank you notes, a few more words...

I do have an understanding that a D/s relationship can be innerweaved with any healthly marriage meaning the couple cares for and loves each other unconditionally. As long as abuse is not involved and all is consensual, I do not see any wrong in introducing BDSM aspects to our 'bedroom fun'. TY for the advice in this regard.

I'm going to continue a similar thread to this in 'My BDSM Life' since this is reserved for introductions. ;) :)

submissivewife
05-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Your welcome and I look forward to your new post.....ENJOY!

mina
06-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Sorry this is late - but hello and welcome! I've enjoyed reading all of your posts here so far. I can also relate about the whole faith issue.

Guest013109
06-01-2006, 09:18 PM
TY mina & submissivewife for your comments. Maybe we have a thing - or two - in common mina? ;)

cariad
06-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Hello all...

Since devoting myself to becoming a faithful Christian, my enjoyment of the D/s lifestyle kind of ceased. As of late, my curiousities have returned and I'm having a hard time balancing my faith and D/s love.

I'm married, so I want to find a way to incorporate a D/s bond between us at the same time stay faithful to my faith (if possible). So, I'm not looking to 'hit' on anyone or for pics or anything like that. Sowwie ladies. ;)

Just looking for some insight, new friends and good talks. ;)

I would agree with all that has been said - and it is lovely to see you here.

The only caveat I would add is a tiny one of caution. I have only one Master, and that is a title reserved for God, and although I will kneel before a man, I will never worship him, again an act reserved for God.

Though my exploration of submission as a sub, I have gained further insight in the submission we are required to give our Lord, and I could even argue, only a little tongue in cheek, that wives are instructed to submit to their husbands!

cariad

maddie
06-02-2006, 06:48 AM
Though my exploration of submission as a sub, I have gained further insight in the submission we are required to give our Lord, and I could even argue, only a little tongue in cheek, that wives are instructed to submit to their husbands!

cariad

Don't forget the part where husbands are supposed to respect and care for their wives, cariad. That's just as important in bdsm as it is in r/l.

cariad
06-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Don't forget the part where husbands are supposed to respect and care for their wives, cariad. That's just as important in bdsm as it is in r/l.

It would never ever occur to me forget that counterbalance - and perhaps because it is so deeply engrained in me I did not think to mention it - so thank you for pointing it out maddie!!!!!

cariad

Guest013109
06-02-2006, 09:11 PM
@cariad - some great points, darlin'. During my previous service as a submissive - I never referred to a Dom/Domme as a God/Godess because (as you said) that is reserved for just thy God above.

Yes, many references in the Bible speak of a woman/wife submitting to their husbands. ;)

mina
06-02-2006, 09:31 PM
@cariad - some great points, darlin'. During my previous service as a submissive - I never referred to a Dom/Domme as a God/Godess because (as you said) that is reserved for just thy God above.

That's one of the things I struggle with. I know that I shouldn't even think of Master as god-like but I do, I can't help it. That's probably the least of my problems though concerning things I shouldn't do lol. I think the first thing that will really put my mind at ease about all this is getting married.

Guest013109
06-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Mina - do we hear wedding bells in your future? :)

Ozme52
06-04-2006, 12:56 AM
That's one of the things I struggle with. I know that I shouldn't even think of Master as god-like but I do, I can't help it. That's probably the least of my problems though concerning things I shouldn't do lol. I think the first thing that will really put my mind at ease about all this is getting married.

That's the problem with modern "democratic" society... that we are all equal with only God (if you're a god-fearing person) in a superior position.

But if you take the medieval attitude, there is a great hierarchy of peonage and lordlyness. One doesn't need to think of one's master as godly... just as being "naturally" superior.

Think of yourself as the vassal and your master as lord of the manor.

learningtopleez
06-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Welcome ManofFaith...it seems that you are figuring things out for yourself, with a little help from those here. I hope you can find the balance that you seek:) !

Guest013109
06-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Indeed I have found the 'balance' that I sought. I appreciate, greatly, everyone's warm welcomes and maturity with me since I've met a lot of you over the past two weeks.

As quickly as my welcome seems to be wearing off, I'm actually departing (again) this forum again.

I did some 'soul searching' and I found more negatives related to sites like this one then positives in 'my walk' with God.

If you want to keep in touch with me, email me at poeticchristian@gmail.com.

Thanks for the great memories.

_ID_
06-08-2006, 01:11 AM
I doubt he will check this site again.... but I still wish this soul great happiness in his quest for keeping his faith.

V/R
ID

Warbaby1943
06-08-2006, 04:55 AM
I doubt he will check this site again.... but I still wish this soul great happiness in his quest for keeping his faith.

V/R
ID
Yeah, that's got to be a little difficult for him, I gather from his posts.

I too wish him all the best.

Guest013109
06-08-2006, 08:49 PM
ye of lil' faith guys... haha

I keep my world and YES I'm back checking up. TY for the farewell good biddings. :)

cariad
06-09-2006, 12:35 AM
Well - you kept to your thread heading - you are not a typical member!

Wishing you many blessings

cariad

Guest013109
07-17-2006, 09:00 PM
cariad - me miss you. Ya going to email me anytime soon? :)

cariad
07-18-2006, 12:18 AM
Smiles - wrist duly slapped.......but before we are told off (I am used to it - but you may not be) personal messages are best PM'ed rather than posted.

..........Unless of course this an exercise in public humiliation....

cariad