PDA

View Full Version : Mac Problems and Answers

Rabbit1
06-04-2006, 08:13 AM
Folks I have not a clue about Mac computers so if you are running one please give our other members a hand with their problems

Thanks

vistana
06-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Problems? What problems? They're Macs!
:D

Rabbit1
06-04-2006, 03:03 PM

you would be supprised by the ton of emails I get from Mac users---and I have no idea how to help them ---I am sure it is just simple setting changes they need to make ---but I have no earthly idea of what they may be---so now and here is their chance to post their problems and all of the wonderful Mac users who have figured it out can answer it for them.

maddie
06-04-2006, 06:09 PM

Sing it! Only time I have trouble with my Mac is when I use stupid Internet Explorer, which Microsoft doesn't even support anymore.

vistana
06-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Sing it! Only time I have trouble with my Mac is when I use stupid Internet Explorer, which Microsoft doesn't even support anymore.

I'm a relatively new convert, only since january, and I'm never going back!

Domtotrain
06-05-2006, 11:41 AM
I use Safari and have never had a problem.

Rabbit1
06-05-2006, 04:55 PM
I am glad you all are happy with Macs but believe me some Mac users are having problems connecting to the site ---I am sure it is not the computer but a settings problem and that is what this thread is for ---them to post their problem here and for you expert Mac users to help them

maddie
06-05-2006, 05:06 PM
I do occasionally have connection problems. I often get a "server refused the connection" error. Somebody in the chat room suggested tweaking the cookies on the browser, but I couldn't figure out how to do that. I can usually get to the site within a few minutes, so it's not a big deal.

Tojo
06-05-2006, 05:22 PM
I know nothing about Macs, but I do know where I can find answers to many specific PC questions, if that helps.

Tojo

slick41
06-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Okay all of us Mac users and those who pop in to see what is going on,I LOVE MY MAC and let me tell you ISIGHT and ICHAT can't be beat.Anybody want to SEE me pop on over and ask,lets see what we can set up.:wow_nbs: :noprobs:

Gilbert
07-12-2006, 06:46 PM

For sure ! My brother, Windows XP, is used to erase every 2 month.
My girlfriend running XP: 60 minutes on Internet with Norton Antivirus. PC out since then.
My neighbor switched 2 years ago for a Mac. Never a problem with P2P. :icon176:

Quite normal : Microsoft XP and the future Vista (future since 2002 !!!) use DLL links, which means that any application can mix his code with the Operating System files. Welcome to intruders !
With 144' 000 viruses hunting Microsoft at this time, I wish you good luck! :gl

Try a Mac. It has a Vista look (Mac OS X since 6 years (!), have Spotlight (Vista won't have Winfs) and no bloody viruses untill now. It runs the same Operating System as most servers (Appache under Unix), and can even boot XP or run it alongside Mac OS X in a secure, isolated virtual machine.

Gilbert
07-14-2006, 08:09 AM
:) An ad that you will never see for a Macintosh :

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6875&stc=1&d=1152889666

PS: let me know if i can help somebody with a Mac.