PDA

View Full Version : Net Neutrality

Rabbit1
06-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Congress is pushing a law that would abandon the Internet's First Amendment -- a principle called Network Neutrality that prevents companies like AT&T, Verizon and Comcast from deciding which Web sites work best for you -- based on what site pays them the most. If the public doesn't speak up now, our elected officials will cave to a multi-million dollar lobbying campaign.

see the full story here

http://www.savetheinternet.com/

:284:

Warbaby1943
06-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Rabbit1,

Thanks, I'll check out your link and follow up with an email to my congressmen. Now is the time for all of us to get involved before it becomes a law which we don't want to live with. Again thanks for the heads up.

Dick the Slaver
06-16-2006, 04:42 PM
They should leave it the way it is.

Rabbit1
06-16-2006, 05:10 PM
They should leave it the way it is.

they should but unless --"We the people" let our elected reps know how we feel about it ---do you really think they will

Dick the Slaver
06-16-2006, 05:25 PM
This started in China and is slowly going around the world.

vistana
06-16-2006, 09:32 PM
The biggest problem I have with this is that it's an American law, affecting American companies, being decided on by the American people and the American government, but if I'm understanding this correctly it's going to affect more than just Americans.
Most of the Internet content I view is American in origin, does this mean that a process that I have absolutely no say in is going to affect my internet? Please tell me I'm wrong, because that infuriates me to no end.

Rabbit1
06-17-2006, 04:44 AM
This has nothing to do with either party this has to do with big money ---and sorry it will affect Canada ---as the rest of the world ---Most americans are like sheep and are led---think their voice does not count---but enough mail and email to your elected officials ---letting time know if they expect to represent you in the future--then they should represent you now the way you want to be ---may turn the tide against big business---but if we all just wait and see what happens ---then it is to late to do any thing about it

It is Time "We the People" take a stand ---before it is too late---and it becomes the companies with the most money ---that make our decisions for us all

this of course is my own opinion --and does not reflect that of the site or site owner---he may or may not agree --I never asked him ---

heycarrieanne
06-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Even though this topic has not been active in awhile, I thought I would put my two cents in -- the best way to cure the problems of government is to replace the person there. VOTE!! Get rid of the deadwood in DC and put in people who will do the will of ALL the people, not just the rich and the worthless.

Warbaby1943
06-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Even though this topic has not been active in awhile, I thought I would put my two cents in -- the best way to cure the problems of government is to replace the person there. VOTE!! Get rid of the deadwood in DC and put in people who will do the will of ALL the people, not just the rich and the worthless.
That is good advise but hard to put into practice. Big money supports those they want in office and it is difficult to get rid of them.:old:

OttifantSir
08-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Finding one politician that doesn't take office for the power is probably impossible. Everytime someone complains about politicians whether it be in USA, Great Britain or Norway (my country), I always think of what one Greek philosopher (don't remember who) once said:

You see someone who wants to be a politician, you do what you can to keep him from that power. You see one who hates politicians and politics, you do what you can to give him that power.

MasterRob{cali}
08-30-2006, 05:49 PM
I think, I will have to try and track down this Greek Philosopher, as he seem to have a decent look into this politics and politictions thing, How ever coma
what was it that was said about countrys and armys ,, "When you are strong you at weak ,, When you are weak you at strong", so maybe you can use that same thinking for those politcians that dont want to be in politcs. Smiles hell just a thought. LOL
"Goverments trade with, feelings of their people, especilly, religious fervour and nationalism."