PDA

View Full Version : Interesting facts!!

Rabbit1
06-17-2006, 07:16 PM
1 - Zero Gravity: When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat this problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside-down, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300 C. The Russians used a pencil. Your taxes are due again -- enjoy paying them.

2 - Our Constitution: They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we j ust give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years and we're not using it anymore.

3 - Ten Commandments: The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a Courthouse is that you cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal", Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery" and " Thou Shalt Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians! It creates a hostile work environment.

:elvis_nbs:

Silke
06-17-2006, 07:26 PM
LMAO.....nice one, Rabbit!! And sooooooo true...:D

Tojo
06-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Um do I detect a note of cynicism- oh big eared one?

I used to follow what goes on in politics here, but it got TOO DEPRESSING!

When one of the local coppers loses his licence for drink driving, you wonder just who's running the world these days?

Tojo :wtf

Rabbit1
06-17-2006, 08:06 PM
cynicism---lol who me?

submissivewife
06-17-2006, 08:16 PM
cynicism---lol who me?

King of cynicism!

Warbaby1943
06-17-2006, 09:05 PM
1 - Zero Gravity: When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat this problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside-down, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300 C. The Russians used a pencil. Your taxes are due again -- enjoy paying them.

2 - Our Constitution: They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we j ust give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years and we're not using it anymore.

3 - Ten Commandments: The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a Courthouse is that you cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal", Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery" and " Thou Shalt Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians! It creates a hostile work environment.

:elvis_nbs:
I've seen these before and it still saddens me because I believe them to be true. Too bad this is no longer a government by the people and for the people. What do our children and grandchildren have to look forward to? I'll quit before I get too carried away.:whogivesa I do!!!!!!

Ruby
06-17-2006, 11:39 PM

Thank goodness that one out of three is false.

http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/spacepen.asp

Warbaby1943
06-18-2006, 04:41 AM
Thank goodness that one out of three is false.

http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/spacepen.asp
How do these rumors get started?:noprobs:

Tojo
06-18-2006, 06:14 AM
How do these rumors get started?:noprobs:

I dunno how they get started, but they get promoted by mugs like us believing them!

Tojo

cariad
06-18-2006, 06:54 AM
I dunno how they get started, but they get promoted by mugs like us believing them!

Tojo

But the really worrying part is that we rather enjoy believing them.

:faint:

Warbaby1943
06-18-2006, 08:28 AM

I don't know how anyone could argue #2 & #3.:freakout:

cariad
06-19-2006, 12:23 AM
I could be really awkward and ask why have a Constitution. But that would be both awkward and political....so I will not.

Warbaby1943
06-19-2006, 04:06 AM
I could be really awkward and ask why have a Constitution. But that would be both awkward and political....so I will not.
Good question though.

heycarrieanne
06-19-2006, 10:16 AM
#3 was funny ... and oh, so true. Makes me wonder why Roy Moore was such a jackass about his courtroom having them in Montgomery.

Warbaby1943
06-19-2006, 10:29 AM
#3 was funny ... and oh, so true.
True and so sad, isn't it?

Rabbit1
06-19-2006, 06:37 PM

Or we enjoy believing the cover stories they produce to try to cover the facts--this from a government who pays hundreds of dollars for toilet seats.

which ever version of things you believe --is up to an individual ---personally I do not doubt the money wasted on such trivial things----when I see government grant go to study the sex life of a frog ----or money paid to farmers not to plant certain crops to keep the prices up ----makes you wonder who the hell is ---"We the People" and just who is looking out for us

Warbaby1943
06-19-2006, 07:01 PM
"We the People" and just who is looking out for us
It certainly isn't our elected officials, is it?:cae7gler:

Rabbit1
06-19-2006, 07:43 PM
It certainly isn't our elected officials, is it?:cae7gler:

If you get the feeling I am trying to say it is time to elect some who will ---no the most popular people or the richest ----but some down home common sense people.

If the people we elect do not represent us ---then maybe it is time for a recall. Maybe a few recalls and the others will wake up and pay attention to those who sent them in the first place----who by the way just voted themselves a raise in pay ----Now I want everyone to go to their bosses and tell them tomorrow you just voted yourself a pay raise----lol

Because that is what the congress just did to us ----they work for us and vote themselves raises---now how cool is that.

Did any of your representives send out a letter to you asking your opinion on a pay raise for them----mine didn't-----

Want to bet it is bigger than the cost of living rasie for Those on SS?

Now tell me if you could you would not vote yourself a raise ----I just can not see any one saying oh no boss I make enought money ---give it to the poor retired people---lol

cariad
06-20-2006, 03:00 AM
Or we enjoy believing the cover stories they produce to try to cover the facts--this from a government who pays hundreds of dollars for toilet seats.

Ohhhhh - do you have the link to that - makes it sound my interior refitting bills sounds exceptionally modest - and I need the evidence!!!!!!!