PDA

View Full Version : What kind of rope and where?

KermitsKeeper
06-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Master Evan asked me to take some pictures for him. I spent some time reading posts here first, and ran into one with a link to simple instructions for rope bondage. I liked how easy it seemed, so I tried it out. It turned out pretty well, and Master Evan really liked the pictures. He had me put it on while he watched, and definitely approved. As a matter of fact, he had me wear the "harness" to work the next day. I enjoyed the feeling of being bound in that way, but the rope I had to work with was some narrow nylon stuff. It had my attention, but left me concerned with getting marks that would not fade quickly, and circumstances make that a bad idea. When I asked Master Evan if he had any suggestions on what kind of rope to buy, he said it sounded like a good topic for here. My searches did not turn up anything (although the answer could be buried somewhere I just didn't find), so my question is this: what kind of rope works well, does not leave deep, long-lasting marks, and is something I can pick up at a hardware store or Target/Wal*Mart type of place?

Tojo
06-28-2006, 09:52 PM
I've always preferred cotton rope from a hardware shop. Here in Australia it's called 'sash cord' & I get the thickest available.

Chuck it in the washing machine & give it a wash on gentle cycle & it's lovely & soft.

I'll be buying some next time I go to town if you want me to pick some up for you, Kate???

Tojo

cariad
06-28-2006, 11:04 PM
For the effect you are after, I would agree with Tojo about sash cord. It feels like a soft and gentle caress as it goes around you. (Although never heard about putting it in the washing machine before - will suggest that to the powers that be.)

I also have rope from the end of the spectrum used on me, albeit carefully I hasten to add. It is very course, hand made and bought in a Turkish market in the middle of nowhere, originally intended for tying up donkeys. The harshness of it adding a poignancy of it is own.

Nylon rope sounds particularly harsh - eeeeeeek.

But why do you not want marks? I love mine, they are an evocative reminder, and one can always dress to cover them up if you need to.

cariad

(going off into a happy trance thinking of rope marks and how they got there .....)

VixeyandPhoenix
06-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Cotton does seem nice, though it is a little too stretchy for my tastes. I would recommend true hemp. I heard of an online store called rawganique or something to that effect. Currently I am working on some cheap manilla hemp that I think may find it's way into the trash or soley used for non-bondage work. I do recommend the Doc Johnson's Bondage rope from a sex shop, it is cotton, Vixey says that it is comfortable and not that stretchy.

_ID_
06-29-2006, 10:31 AM
The kind of rope you use depends on applications. Hemp is good strong rope, but can be a bit itchy, cotton is smooth, and will not cause rope burns nearly as easy, but is more stretchy. Most tack shops (place where you buy stuff for horses and such) will have various variaties of rope at reasonable prices. They also have an excelent choice of crops and whips. I would recomend buying different kinds of rope, and seeing what one suits your puropse best. My guess is your going to have rope running between your legs and up your ass, so try the rope out in the store in the crook of your elbow, when you bend your arm. See how it feels.

I will be interested to see what you say worked best.

KermitsKeeper
06-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Thank you all for the help! I will definitely look into the cotton rope. Or maybe go to the tack shop near me. I just love the smell of all that leather! Thanks IDCrewDawg for the tip on how to test it, too. Never thought of that!

But why do you not want marks? I love mine, they are an evocative reminder, and one can always dress to cover them up if you need to.

I wish I could have the marks, it's just not possible. As Master Evan has said in some of his posts, we are both married, but not to each other. I love my husband dearly, but he just wouldn't understand the "kinks" Master Evan has helped me discover. I don't want to risk my marriage, but don't want to give up the joy I feel serving Master Evan, either. So cotton (or some other soft) rope it is. Thanks to you all for the help! I knew I could count on you! :)

I'll probably update this again when I get to the store and make my choice...

_ID_
06-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Your welcome. Enjoy your rope experience

Misato36
06-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Whenever rope was used it was true hemp. My master loved to see me whimper when the ropeburn started to agitate my pussy. He also liked to roughly rub against my nipples. Sometimes he would stick it inside of my vagina and then roughly pull it out. I didn't always enjoy but he did.

MrDom
06-30-2006, 01:52 AM
Well i use depending on what effect i want is 5/16 in soft nylon. this is used for harness under clothing. Next size is 3/8 soft nylon. I buy my rope at lowes or home depo. cotton is good for harness too. I pop open the package a little to see how soft it is depending on use. lol

MrDom

gagged_Louise
07-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Hemp rope, definitely. I get it at building/home stores. I like the slightly scratchy and unyielding quality, and how it curls together when your hands and knees are tied with several coils, and becomes like one tight, thick cord (don't mind rope burns). The more you fight, pull and struggle, the tighter it gets. Mmmgh! Sometimes also thin cooking cord (the kind you use for stringing a chicken or other things, about 1 mm thick, but hemp is better).
I'm not into soft, thick cotton or acrylic rope, it looks good but it feels just too slack. Leather belts are good too, I love having my feet tied with a thin, hard, brown leather belt.

Evan_
07-10-2006, 09:23 PM
I am going to post this and let Kate just "find" it...

I haven't heard from her about getting the rope yet. I hope she got something soft and comfortable so she can start wearing it for me more often.

I was also unaware of her attraction to the smell of a tack shop... stay tuned, this could get interesting! ;)