PDA

View Full Version : Question about fetishes

dav4jon
08-17-2003, 07:33 AM
Like I said in another thread (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=220&perpage=15&pagenumber=4) I am chiefly interested in the psychological aspect of BDSM and I am fascinated by the concept of submission -- especially if linked with (some level of) pain, humiliation and degradation.

There are thus certain BDSM fetishes that speak to me (tears, dog training, spanking/whipping/caning/riding cropping, water sports, facial ejaculation, etc.) while others simply do not do anything for me.

This, however, does not mean I am not interested in understanding the latter, quite the contrary.

I would therefore be most grateful if people into the following fetishes could explain their interests: leather thigh boot worship foot worship shoe worship socks worship underwear worship pony girls/boys body alteration lactation ...there will probably be more later on, I'm starting this list off the top of my head.
What I would like is to understand the feelings of people. I don't expect anybody to confide any personal experience ("When I was five I saw this and this and it started my interest for...") but to explain what their fetish does to them ("Being treated like a dog allows me to explore the animal part of me which I cannot do when treated like a human.").

I know this is not very easy to put into words, but I find this is precisely what makes it interesting.

Plus I will be most grateful if you try... :)

Cheers

BDSM_Tourguide
08-17-2003, 11:42 AM
... isn't actually linked to anything. Pain and humiliation are also fetishes. Degradation is a form of abuse, but I'll not go into that right now.

Submission simply indicates a willingness to submit or a desire to serve. The D/s aspect of BDSM actually encompasses very little physically, although the mental aspect there is insanely huge. You may ask your submissive to bring you a cup of coffee and she will. That is submission. You may ask your submissive to bring you a cup of coffee, to offer it to you on her knees and then to lower herself to her hands and knees so you may use her as a coffee table. The added aspects are fetishes and disciplines. Yes, they are still part of the service, but they are not included in the actual act of service.

If you would like to read my take on some of the larger issues, have a look here. (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121)

dav4jon
08-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by BDSM_Tourguide
If you would like to read my take on some of the larger issues, have a look here. (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121)Sorry, TG. I have read the post you mentionned and -- from the bottom of my lack of experience -- I would tend to agree with your every word.

That post, however, does not really answer my initial question about what feelings specific fetishes stir in people.

Hope you see what I mean.

Cheers

BDSM_Tourguide
11-25-2004, 11:57 AM
This question never really got answered. Maybe we can help him out now?