PDA

View Full Version : Fuckwits Welcome

Alex Bragi
07-06-2006, 02:48 AM
"There is no better way of life in the world than that of the Australian. I firmly believe this. The grumbling, growling, cursing, profane, laughing, beer drinking, abusive, loyal-to-his-mates Australian is one of the few free men left on this earth.." Nino Culotta - They're a weird mob, 1957.

Well, Australian males haven't changed much in almost 50 years, and quite frankly, I think it would be very un-Australian to even try to change the Aussie bloke. Now, one the best things about him is surely his heart of gold and sense of humour—his ability to laugh at himself.

There is, however, nothing good or humorous about the behaviour Australian men as the truth about the shocking murder of Dianne Brimble slowly unfolds.

For those of you, outside Australia, and therefore most likely unfamiliar with the case: Less than 24 hours after 42 year old Ms Brimble embarked on a cruise ship, with her sister and little daughter, she died in the cabin of a group of eight men she'd met in the ship's disco. They drugged her, used her for their perveted sexual gratification in the most shocking ways, then left her for dead on the cabin floor. Apparently, they considered throwing her body overboard, but were rather concerned about being seen by other passengers.

In a volunteered statement to police one of the men has given a chilling insight of a male subculture which is disturbing to say the least.

He's quoted as saying, amongst other things, "I just brushed her off like, I didn't want to speak to her...breath, ugly, dog. I thought someone should call the RSPCA (animal welfare society)... anything over 60 kilos I won't talk to." And, later in reference to the disruption her death caused to his cruise: "It had nothing to do with me, you know. I just didn't want to get involved with any of this, or whatever. I just couldn't really care. I was pissed off and how dare this thing fuck my holiday up"

To add to the decease woman's family's indignation and add even more hurt and heartbreak, this morning I read that the debauched bunch of pigs, are now closing ranks to drag the woman's name into the dirt and filth that they've been wallowing in, saying that she took the drug willingly. One has even come out and said, "I heard my mate explaining to exactly what effect it would have on her, and she said she would 'love some' ". Fucking liars! We're talking about a date rape drug. A drug that leaves its victims sick and dazed, and with no recall of what's happened for up to 24 hours. She took it willingly? Give me all a fucking break! Give us all a fucking break!

So, how is it that these scum of the earth low lifers, this under class of disgusting and depraved dickheads whose behaviour is dictated by their excessive alcohol and drug use and what dangles between their legs, think that because they manage to slither their way on a cruise ship they have the right to act like filthy oversexed rodents?

But what concern me, and I'm sure many others, even more, is would their extreme behaviour have ever made the headlines if this unfortunate woman hadn't died and then been found? Would her death have been swept away as an "tragic accident"—a passenger drinking too much and then falling overboard? Would it have been just another incident in international waters, that no one either cared about, nor wanted to take responsibility for? Have women been used like this before on these cruises, but survived and then been so ashamed and embarrassed to report the incidents? Is date rape more common than we care to admit? And, most important of all, is this possibly indicative of broader social attitudes and trends towards women, and sex, in lower socioeconomic levels within Australia, and possibly the western world?

Rather than P & O, the cruise company involved in this case, featuring a row of nubile young women in skimpy little bikinis with the slogan "Seamen wanted" in their advertisements, maybe they should show a bunch of ugly drunken yobbos, with the slogan "Fuckwits welcome".

I leave you to ponder.

Rabbit1
07-06-2006, 03:15 AM
thank god like here in the states not all men are like that ----but it is the few fuckwits that grab the attention of the press ----I must admit I was not up to speed on this case ---As it seems our friends Down Under do not have an exclusive on these type of animals ---yes I said animals --not men ---

I know a few Aussie men ---and they are not in the same species as these blokes ---yes when I go to visit ---we kick back and drink ---tell tails ---stare at women ----make good natured passes at them ---

I will never understand what goes on in them mind of blokes like that ---but I guess it takes all kinds----

Tojo
07-06-2006, 03:21 AM
That my dear Alex is 99% of the reason I don't associate with Aussie men. The beer swilling yob we are blessed with here does nothing for me.

Being married to a good looking woman has shown me an even uglier side, as a succession of 'mates' has taken one look at her & gone 'WOW', never to be the same again.

I'm proud to be an Australian, but am not proud to be associated with Aussie men.

When I was 15, working on a fruit block- a slightly older guy introduced me to the world as he saw it. When you get a car, you pick up a woman & stop miles from anywhere. You say 'get in the back or walk.'

One night as I sat in the loungeroom of a mate, with a group of guys- listening to the crap coming out of their mouths, 'oh geez I'd better get home to the missus' & 'you still with her?' etc. I looked around at the drug & alcohol sodden bunch & wondered what I was doing there.

I never went back- I wonder if they noticed?

Tojo

_ID_
07-06-2006, 05:12 AM
I am not from Australia and therfore don't know the culture. What I do know is that date rape is quite common. 69% of rapes are commited by someone they knew (http://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htm)

Of people who report sexual violence, 64% of women and 16% of men were raped, physically assaulted, or stalked by an intimate partner. This includes a current or former spouse, cohabitating partner, boyfriend/girlfriend, or date (Tjaden and Thoennes 2000). (http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/svfacts.htm)

The above facts are from American resourses.

Total number of rapes by country (http://www.asiawind.com/forums/read.php?f=3&i=221180&t=221180).
Total number of rapes -->

Rank Countries Amount (top to bottom)
#1 United States 89,110
#2 South Africa 53,008
#3 Canada 24,049
#4 Australia 15,630
#5 India 15,468
#6 Mexico 13,061
#7 United Kingdom 8,593
#8 France 8,458
#9 Germany 7,499
#10 Russia 6,978
#11 Korea, South 6,139
#12 Spain 5,664
#13 Zimbabwe 5,567
#14 Thailand 4,020
#15 Venezuela 2,931
#16 Poland 2,399
#17 Italy 2,336
#18 Japan 2,260
#19 Colombia 1,861
#20 Netherlands 1,648
#21 Indonesia 1,372
#22 Jamaica 1,304
#23 Papua New Guinea 1,295
#24 Turkey 1,260
#25 Chile 1,250
#26 Malaysia 1,210
#27 Sri Lanka 1,202
#28 Ukraine 1,151
#29 Romania 1,110
#30 New Zealand 861

From the stats I was reading about Australia, about 145 in 100,000 women are raped or sexually assaulted annually. It also appears the amount of reported rapes is on the rise over the last 10 years (1991 - 2001). I didn't see any statistical data about women being raped on boats/ships, but my research was not that indepth.

The picture is an illustration of victim offender relationships. This data was from the united states, similar rates were found in Australia, Canada and Europe from what I was reading.

I agree these men are monsters, and deserve nothing less than being bled out through their testicals while being forced to jerk each other off until dead.

V/R
ID

Warbaby1943
07-06-2006, 05:27 AM
I agree these men are monsters, and deserve nothing less than being bled out through their testicals while being forced to jerk each other off until dead.

V/R
ID
IDCrewDawg I couldn't agree more. The problem, if like in the states, is they will probably get only a slap on the wrist because they were under the influence of something at the time and really weren't responsible for their actions. Isn't that a bunch of bull shit? Who is responsible for their actions? That woman certainly didn't kill herself no matter what they say she did willingly.

maddie
07-06-2006, 05:50 AM
It's jerks like these guys that are exactly why women need to be more careful about who they associate with, especially when they're alone. I'm by no means excusing what they did, mind you.

I'm a travel agent, so I see the stories about this stuff. It's a black eye to the cruise industry, but, to some extent, stuff like this is out of their control unless they install cameras in private cabins. Should they be better about more thoroughly investigating things when they are reported? Definitely.

I have zero patience for anybody who physically or mentally abuses any creature who, for whatever reason is unable to defend themself. When I am Queen of the World, there will be an island set aside for them to live on for the rest of their lives, far away from the rest of us.

Aussiegirl1
07-06-2006, 06:15 AM
Alex, I have been following this story and like you find the response of the guys disgusting. We have been talking about this at work and the way the cruise lines advertise has been one of the main topics of discussion. It is almost like they were wanting the party atmoshere but not the consequences that can bring. Like you, I wonder how many other women this has happened to.

IDCrewDawg, that list is just too scary. And you are right Warbaby, I don't think the laws are severe enough on offenders. I will be watching to see how long the guys from the cruise get.

Tojo, while not all aussie men are like that, the number is very high, especially in the country. Whether your mates noticed or not, you certainly made the right choice.

frankee
07-06-2006, 07:13 AM
The US and Austrailia have not cornered the market on this type of disgusting behavior. i hate to admit but it Canadian men (not all) have started to subscribe to this type of behavior and thinking. It seems though, at times, that most men i cross paths with are of that mentality.
When i hear these assholes talking, i sit back and think, what is happening to the world. Is there such blatant disregard for another human beings life? How can they actually think that it's ok to do that to someone?

As for that 'fuckwit' that was upset because it disrupted his holiday, FUCK HIM!! He needs a well placed hard kick to the balls!!! What the hell is wrong with people???? A human life was taken and he's worried about hs fucking holiday, God give me strength!

Unfortunately, here they also get a slap on the wrist. i would love to put them into a jail cell with a hardened criminal, a big big burly con, who hasn't had a woman in a very very long time. See, if they like it!! The only difference is they won't be given a 'roofie' to knock them out, they will be very awake to experience it. i think that's a just punishment for these assholes. Of course, then we would be violating their civil rights, blah, blah, blah.

Some governments put so much time and effort into prosecuting those who buy a few joints for their own recreational use and cops stopping you and giving you a hefty ticket for a broken tail light. Yet, fuckers like this, rapist, child molesters, pedophiles are not being prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Their lawyers ae always finding loop holes for them and if they do get convicted of their crimes, they're segregated from the rest of the prison population. Give me a fucking break!!

Ok i think i'm finished ranting and raving...i think. *steps off of soapbox*

_ID_
07-06-2006, 09:38 AM
When I am Queen of the World, there will be an island set aside for them to live on for the rest of their lives, far away from the rest of us.

I was under the impression that was how Australia got started in the first palce. Or did I remember that part of history wrong? Not trying to be smart or anything, I really did think thats how it happened.

V/R
ID

Dick the Slaver
07-06-2006, 09:49 AM
I was under the impression that was how Australia got started in the first palce. Or did I remember that part of history wrong? Not trying to be smart or anything, I really did think thats how it happened.

V/R
ID
Not only Australia but all the British Colonies including the USA.

maddie
07-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Georgia in the U.S. was formed as a prison colony, yes.

It hadn't even occurred to me to think about that. But then, I've been planning to have several islands to banish people to when they annoy me, so maybe I'd better rethink my strategy. ;)

nastywolf
07-06-2006, 10:37 AM
U like to put them onto an island - within or without clouthes ? - lol

Tojo
07-06-2006, 04:22 PM

V/R
ID

Well to be precise it was the eastern side of the country & Tasmania- our ancestory is comprised of free settlers. Whenever someone from NSW comes over here we ask what their great great great grandparents did for a living....

Tojo

Ozme52
07-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Not that I disagree with the sentiments... I'd sure like to see those stats broken down. Are they including statutory rape in those statistics? Because I see that as a different (equally heinous) crime.

And how do the countries rank if reported as a per capita statistic... For example, the US has 9-10 times the total population of Canada but less than 4 times the number of rapes as reported above.

It's also a bit skewed because a lot of countries define rape differently... and don't officially report their statistics in the same way. I'm sure there are a few countries where rapes aren't reported at all... because being raped is the "crime"... at least socially. Those countries aren't even listed.

_ID_
07-07-2006, 02:07 AM
I did a little research into the penal status of Australia, and found this tidbit of information.

Britain decided to use its new outpost as a penal colony; the First Fleet of 11 ships carried about 1500 people—half of them convicts. The fleet arrived in Sydney Harbour on 26 January 1788, and it is on this day every year that Australia Day is celebrated. (http://www.dfat.gov.au/aib/history.html)

Thank you Tojo, I wasn't sure about the history of free people. From what I read the free immigrants started comming about 1790, and joined the convits.

As far as a breakdown of the numbers I posted, the statistics didn't break them down for me to put here. I feel it doesn't really matter much though. What we are talking about is the forced nonconsensual sexual interaction between two people. The exact activity doesnt really matter after that as far as I'm concerned.

V/R
ID

Aussiegirl1
07-07-2006, 02:23 AM
I know this is going off the original topic a bit, but I just remembered something I read in a magazine. It was talking about how many gay women in South Africa are getting raped by "friends" who feel that all they need to make them straight is to experience "sex" with a male. There was one woman who they interviewed and she said the guy had said sorry before he raped her, but that he truely believed it was what she needed. Reporting the rape to the police seemed to make no difference, as the male members of the force seemed to side with the men's view. I can't remember where this was, but I think it was in one of the poorer black areas. It just left me feeling angry and sad at the same time.

cheeseburger
07-10-2006, 01:36 PM
There is a nice summary of the case the OP refered to here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060710/od_nm/australia_cruise_dc;_ylt=AveUYhfCwzMId3TQ5WNStqfti BIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM-

One thing no one mentioned here is the polar opposite to the case above: when someone (usually a female) uses the 'sexual assault' or 'rape' card for personal gain.

I'll be careful how I approach this one example since I may be opening a can of worms here; the Duke rape case could theoretically be an example of what I mean.

If, and I mean *if* it turns out that there is insufficient evidence to support the claim of rape against the 3 frat boys, or the prosecution is unable to make a guilty verdict, the lives of these 3 people are as good as ruined. And it is far too easy to make such a claim against someone, partly because of all the attention many special interest groups bring to these particularly nasty examples.

And its clear that very little will happen to the person making such false claims; in a broader sense this may be a good thing since it won't discourage other victims from speaking up. On the other hand it just sucks for whoever gets unfairly blamed.

One last thing: theres an interesting article (http://ravingatheist.com/archives/2006/05/mind_rape_and_body_rape.php) that talks about something slightly off topice.

I don't completely agree with the arguments in it, but it does have a point. The connection between male chauvinism and rape is not 100%

kelly25
07-19-2006, 03:29 PM
And its clear that very little will happen to the person making such false claims; in a broader sense this may be a good thing since it won't discourage other victims from speaking up. On the other hand it just sucks for whoever gets unfairly blamed.

This is a touchy subject to approach - but I have no sympathy for these people. And unfortunately, it happens all too often. So ultimately what has happened is that the prosecution has to work even harder to prove their case, and that it is not a case of false accusation.

Unfortunately this means that a lot of actual offenders are getting off, and a lot of victims are not seeing justice. And I don't see it getting any easier, in fact, I see it getting harder to prove such cases. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if 'reasonable doubt' one day becomes 'without a shadow of a doubt' for this very reason.

MasterRob{cali}
08-07-2006, 10:13 AM
I remember a few years back having to go to jury duty, I was in a pool for a murder case. The peosecuter ask me one question.
Question,
SO how do you feel about the crimal justice system.
I thought for a minute,
Reply,
I feel we should get rid of the crimal justice system and replace it with a victums justice system.

Needless to say not only did the prosecuter, didnt want me to sit on the jury but the defence lawer also say no way to me sitting on the jury.
With all that said i was ask to leave but not befor i had to listen to the judge give me a 15 minute speach on the crimal justices system.

Thank You
Master Rob

poetic_justice
09-02-2006, 10:11 PM
I have to agree with some other statements made, that this type of disgusting behaviour is
1: Not limited to ONLY Australian men
and
2: Does not describe ALL Australian men.

The majority of my mates are men, and while we are familiar to the whole pub circuit, they are all nice country blokes and none of them display this particular behaviour described when condemning the hot blooded Australian male. In no way however, do I claim that all men are gentlemen. It is in this respect as well that I need to put the role of American men also into comparison during this condemning. Last September when I travelled to the States I found (the majority) young American men (that I met) more insulting, horrible, and rude than any Australian man has ever been to me. The truth of the matter is that in every country and every culture, there are arseholes. Both men and women commit horrible atrocities to our fellow human beings everyday. And condemning the men of one country does no justice to anyone or any debate.