PDA

View Full Version : Cock Ring usage

MrJerseyGuy
08-21-2003, 02:45 AM
This may sound like a stupid question but I have to ask. I've heard that cock rings help maintain a hardon for extended periods. Is it best to put it on when your still soft or after you have an erection? And I'm assuming it should be fastened as tightly as possible. I have one that I purchased recently but haven't used it yet. I'm anxious to try it out.

le forgeron
08-21-2003, 05:23 AM
Is it best to put it on when your still soft or after you have an erection?

It might depend on the kind of cock ring you have. For instance, metallic cock ring (as found in Gates of hells, but not only) are impossible to put with an hard erection.
In fact the challenge with that kind is more to remove it than put it on. Just relax... and get me the knife :rolleyes:

Leather or plastic cock ring are adjustable (somehow), so might be put on already erected material. I believe it's a matter of personal taste.

And I'm assuming it should be fastened as tightly as possible. I have one that I purchased recently but haven't used it yet. I'm anxious to try it out.
Not too tigh, you still want the blood to :
- come in
- refresh (partially come out), unless you're on CBT (but that's another story).

DevilF1sh
10-29-2003, 11:35 PM
In my sexpirements into self bondage having not found a partner in my debauchery yet, I tried the cock ring. I have a piece of leather with a single buckle built in (an old belt-loop from a chain wallet), tha snap fors for a quick release. It fits quite comfortable with a flacid penis, and is placed to encircle my balls and penis. Just the act of buckling in is usually enough to start my erection starting. I have one of those penis's that looks small flaccid and grows to an above average length and girth, and the veins start bulging when full erection is reached. W

What worries me is popping a vein in my member. How long can a cockring or strap stay in place before damage can ensue?? Are my bulging veins bad? I find the tightness great and a turn on but don't ever want to experience one of those embarrassing hospital trips and subsequient explanations to my HMO.

Curtis
10-30-2003, 06:06 AM
About half an hour, or until your penis becomes both purple and cool to the touch are both good guidelines.

Faibhar
10-30-2003, 08:06 AM
devilF1sh poses sensible questions and Curtis provides good answers. Trouble is, however, any vasoconstrictor or something messing with the vas deferens, just like many other procedures, can lead to unwanted complications. Haphazard use of any cock ring can create this trouble for the wearer be it auto erotica or even with a knowledgeable partner.

The best rule of thumb is to leave well enough alone, and find many other (healthier) outlets for expressing passion.

DevilF1sh
10-30-2003, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the input from both of you. Like I said I am fairly inexperienced in bdsm and the likes, and learn much from reading stories and posts here. Always looking for more info to prepare for that first partner who wants to "play".

MrJerseyGuy
11-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Gotta tell ya, I finally tried mine out and she went nuts! She just stared at it for the first two minutes...it really does make a difference. The last time we fucked she insisted on putting it on for me. I'm now looking forward to buying a couple different types and trying them out.