PDA

View Full Version : Empty Bed

Timberwolf
07-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Empty Bed

I want to run my fingers through her hair.
I want to share a quiet smile.
I want to feel us hold each other in silence.
I want to see her eyes smile at me.
I want to learn the taste of her mouth.
I want to feel her heart beat next to mine.
I want to listen to her breathe.
I want to hear her whisper my name.
I want to know the bliss of watching her body writhe in pleasure.
I want to feel her head rest against my chest as we lazily drift to nowhere.

But sometimes what I want doesn’t matter. And so I go back to my empty bed.

Silke
07-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Oh my God...now I feel lonely. *looks at empty bed*

Timberwolf
07-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Sorry about that! Perhaps we can be lonely together then.

That's the first thing I've written in a long time. Was just sitting there today and it hit me, and I felt it was worth writing down before the thought slipped away.

Sir_G
07-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Know the feeling Timberwolf. Nice poem, all too familiar though, *turns mirror around and makes another cup of coffee* keep writing it's good therapy.

submissivewife
07-14-2006, 06:50 PM
*turns mirror around and makes another cup of coffee* .

thank god it's coffee

Nice poem.....does make one feel the loneliness....

Sir_G
07-14-2006, 07:02 PM
thank god it's coffee

Nice poem.....does make one feel the loneliness....

Yeah I deserved that but I have fixed the offending posts. Wont happen again.

davesmistress
07-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Thank you for the beautiful poem....brought tears to my eyes...

Timberwolf
07-14-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm glad some people enjoyed it, even if it's not the cheeriest thing I'll ever write. It's raw, and it's real. Even if I don't think I'm quite the wordsmith some of the other members are.

Silke
07-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Sorry about that! Perhaps we can be lonely together then.

That's the first thing I've written in a long time. Was just sitting there today and it hit me, and I felt it was worth writing down before the thought slipped away.

It definitely was worth writing down and sharing with us. And yeah, let's be lonely together...bathe in it, lol.

pinkme
07-15-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm glad some people enjoyed it, even if it's not the cheeriest thing I'll ever write. It's raw, and it's real. Even if I don't think I'm quite the wordsmith some of the other members are.

That was so good. It played on a lot of emotions and shows you still have hope and know your perfect match is out there, and that you are saving a spot for her in your bed :) . Raw and real are the best ways to go, thanks for sharing it, I enjoyed.

Timberwolf
07-16-2006, 08:59 AM
"and know your perfect match is out there, and that you are saving a spot for her in your bed"

Indeed I am. Even though I'm about to take a crack at writing a series of fantasy stories where a character named after me has a series of encounters with beautiful women (everyone can use a little ego fuck now and again!) the truth of the matter is, as far as real life goes I'd be thrilled to find one woman that I could share everything with.

The best piece of advice I think I ever heard on women was "One that makes you feel truly great is worth more than a thousand that make you feel good". If that's not the truth, I don't know what is.