PDA

View Full Version : Weird observation: The Dog Whisperer

Hime
07-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Cesar Millan, from the Dog Whisperer show on National Geographic, basically talks about D/s all the time? I realized when I was reading his book Cesar's Way that excerpts from it could be really useful in introducing new people to "power games": he writes about how to cultivate a "calm-assertive" persona that puts your pet (hehe) at ease and leads them into a receptive, "calm-submissive" state, using body language, tone of voice, etc.

Also, he's kind of cute. I wouldn't mind being his bad puppy. :o

Tojo
07-17-2006, 08:55 PM
There's definite parallels between dog training & D/s play.

Collars, leads, food dish, stern words or soft petting....

Tojo

submissivewife
07-17-2006, 08:57 PM
There's definite parallels between dog training & D/s play.

Collars, leads, food dish, stern words or soft petting....

Tojo

*sighs* Sounds wonderful

Timberwolf
07-17-2006, 10:10 PM
I mentioned this the other day in the fantasy section, discussing my fascination with pet play/animal transformation play from both a Dom and a sub role. I've been around dogs since I could walk, and saw and participated in obedience training from around the age of 8 through about my mid-teens. The parallels to D/s training in many ways are unreal. Granted, different activities (unless you are training your sub to jump over low fences, and retrieve dumbells... though if that turns your crank great for you!) but there are a lot of highly transferable things about the two.

Timberwolf
07-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Perhaps the most obvious parallel - Any dog training expert worth 2 cents of time will tell you: If you want your dog to truly accept obedience training and not just do it a few times until they get bored with it, you have to make it fun for them!

Sound familiar?

pttwyn
07-30-2006, 05:13 AM
All training, whether slavegirl or animal, requires the Master (Owner) prove to be dominant. All animals have a method of deciding the "pecking order", be it dogs, chickens, chimpanzees. The simpler animals like chickens have simpler methods. Actually that's where the term 'pecking order' came from.
If you have a dog that rolls onto it's back when you approach, it's not to have it's belly rubbed because it feels so good. It's the dogs way of showing you that it is yours to command and the dog is surrendering everything to you.
The whole process is much more complicated that this. Whole books have been written on the subject (not by me), so covering it here makes it sound simplistic.
Yours to Obey
Pttwyn

Ozme52
07-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Yep, just roll that disobedient bitch onto her back and growl...

but that's beside the point. Let's talk some more about dogs...