PDA

View Full Version : ...roadblock...?

DTerri
08-21-2003, 08:28 PM
This isn't so much of a story idea, but a question when writing this sort of thing. Does experience matter when writing a story? I can understand that some people (myself included most likely) whom have never actually had a chance to do any of this sort of thing wouldn't write too well... But does it make a big difference?

I apologize if this is the wrong forum... I'm still new here, and it seemed alright -- so if it's not, put down your whips. :D

The thing is that I wrote a story... a LONG, LONG time ago (so long ago that I was going to submit it to RPPStories when it was still free!) that was... alright in my opinion. It had a 'happy' ending, so to say... Pretty much a girl got turned into a sub, but her boyfriend ended up 'saving' her from the dominant person... Keep in mind the age difference between now and then is great (as far as maturity goes) so it's kind of silly.

But back to the subject -- does experience matter? And it need not just be doing that, but what about experience with intercourse in and of itself? I know with some people, intercourse doesn't neccessarily occur during their entire BDSM activities -- we've got waxing, etc, that doesn't neccessarily even deal with anything too sexual... Just my perception on it though -- I could be way off. You guys are the gurus, so let me in on what you think!

--DTerri

Artemis
08-22-2003, 09:51 PM
In responding to your question, i think that having experienced what or something similar to what you're writing about may add something to your story but it's not a necessary requirement. It depends more on your ability as a writer to use your imagination and writing skills to make the story believable. A fine example of that would be me and my writing. i've experienced none of what i write about in my stories, yet most people that read them do enjoy them and say they are believable and/or sound like actual experiences, and that is including both sexual and nonsexual elements. i'm probably one of the few virgin submissives around the forum and i tend to just watch everyone else unless i've got something to add/say so i enjoyed being able to comment on your question. :)

~Artemis~

Curtis
10-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Speaking as another virgin, I agree with Artemis. I've done a little writing myself and I think that lack of writing skills is a much bigger impediment than lack of BDSM experience. Do a little research to make sure of your facts, then rely on your imagination to provide the emotion.

Good luck!