PDA

View Full Version : I think something clicked for me on caning/spanking/etc.

Timberwolf
07-18-2006, 08:28 AM
After a long time of not really understanding the attraction to canes, paddles, and such, I think I finally get it.

Sometimes I "window shop" online sex toy shops for fun. I mean why not, it's good fun. So I came across this paddle that has the word "SLUT" raised right on the face. So that if you do it just right you can in theory leave the word SLUT on your loving partner's ass. Lovely. Turned me on, got the juices flowing. The idea of putting the word SLUT on some pretty young lady's bottom excited me.

And then it clicked.

It doesn't matter what the mark is. They all say SLUT, don't they? My slut. I put it there. You let me. It's my mark.

Suddenly, the idea doesn't seem so bad anymore. ;)

I suppose it's all old hat for a vast majority of our members, but it was a light bulb moment for me on an element of BDSM and D/s that's never clicked for me before, so there it is. Try not to giggle at my noobishness on this subject.

Rabbit1
07-18-2006, 01:05 PM
You got it ---my hand print is my brand ----the sub belongs to me --and me only----

Warbaby1943
07-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Since SLUT is an acronym for Sadistic Legion Of Unreal Tournament (at least one definition of it) I guess it is all enlightening if it clicked for you. But if slut means tramp using the other acronym of Sexually Liberal Urban Teenager, as some use it, then we may need to switch the light off and then on again.:)

Just because someone likes to receive pain, I don't think they necessarily need should be labeled a slut, especially with the connotation most people I know apply to the word, SLUT.

Just my opinion, not necessarily that of the management of my household.

Timberwolf
07-18-2006, 01:15 PM
It's so deliciously simple. I can't beliieve I didn't see it before, now that I do.

If anything I'm a little amused/annoyed at myself for not spotting the answer sooner.

Warbaby1943
07-18-2006, 01:18 PM
You got it ---my hand print is my brand ----the sub belongs to me --and me only----
We must have posted simultaneously but I like the term sub much better. I would want to own a sub but not a slut.

Timberwolf
07-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Warbaby - I don't like sluts, in the "I sleep with lots of men" sense. I just like girls that are *my* slut. That one clicked a long time ago. ;)

A simple choice of wording. I like the word sub just fine. But in certain... heated moments... slut has a lovely ring to it as well. I'd never call a woman a slut in public. Well, unless she was into that sort of thing.

Warbaby1943
07-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Warbaby - I don't like sluts, in the "I sleep with lots of men" sense. I just like girls that are *my* slut.

That one clicked a long time ago. ;)
I understand and I agree. It is just I hear "she is a slut" so often around where I live that it leaves a bad notion in my head when I hear it. I think we agree that your are using the term as a term of endearment and that is nice. Sorry I butted in.

Timberwolf
07-18-2006, 01:24 PM
No need for apology. Conversation is good.

I went and pulled an edit on that last post by the way.

Widget
07-18-2006, 01:26 PM
We must have posted simultaneously but I like the term sub much better. I would want to own a sub but not a slut.

I think that could be a whole other thread. I am not a woman that would tolerate anyone speaking to me in less than respectful terms. Any man that called me a slut or any other name would find they had more than they would want to deal with on thier hands.

That being said, I know exactly what you mean about the marks because I have felt the same way seeing them on someone else or on myself.

There were few times when my lover had growled the word slut or whore into my ear as we were going at it pretty hot and heavy and I have to say it was even hotter. I didn't take it as an insult. I took it as I was his at that moment completly.

Timberwolf
07-18-2006, 01:31 PM
I more or less agree with you Widget. To be clear: "slut" is as far as I'm concerned a bedroom-only word. And even then if a woman doesn't want to hear it... I'm sure I can find something else to tickle her fancy. I mean it in the nicest way possible, lol, but if it's just not for her... fine by me.

_ID_
07-18-2006, 04:32 PM
I use slut in play, both in public and private. When doing it publicly, its to heighten the humiliation she is feeling by doing whatever it is I am having her do. The negitive spin the word has comes from the nilla world labeling someone they don't approve of. I just wish those people would think about themselves and how others percive them once in a while.

V/R
ID

Tojo
07-18-2006, 04:40 PM
I think that could be a whole other thread.

You have your task W/B....

Yes I understand T/wolf- I could never understand the attraction of walloping the one you love.

Some time ago I carried on a fascinating correspondence with a woman who was interested in spanking. Talking to her made me think about things in a different light.

One day I was talking to lisa, & suddenly had a mental image of putting her over my knee & smacking her bum. First time I've ever had the urge- I told her so too, & she became aware of her behaviour quickly.

There was also the passage I read from 'D' about her flogger....I needed fresh air after that. It means so much more from someone you know.

If I may borrow your sig for a moment T/wolf- "She's out there alright, the one I'm dreaming of- but I can't have her dammit." (Well not at present anyway..)
Hey, don't worry about 'noobishness' -we're all learning every day.

Tojo

Timberwolf
07-18-2006, 05:25 PM
"we're all learning every day."

Indeed. This message board is about 10 billion times more helpful than the chatrooms I've been in, trying to get anything out of so-called Doms or subs, most of whom clearly don't know any more than I do.

Who says education can't be fun, not me. Just have to pick the right subject. ;)

cariad
07-19-2006, 12:33 AM
I think that could be a whole other thread. I am not a woman that would tolerate anyone speaking to me in less than respectful terms. Any man that called me a slut or any other name would find they had more than they would want to deal with on thier hands.

I am with 100% on that Widget....except there is a point deep into play, where the term 'my slut' feels like the tenderest term of endearment I could here. Said then, and in that way, it reflects the bond of deep trust and acceptance that within agreed boundaries there are no 'no go' areas between us.

Said at any other time, and I am not sure which of us would be most horrified.

cariad

Widget
07-19-2006, 07:42 AM
I am with 100% on that Widget....except there is a point deep into play, where the term 'my slut' feels like the tenderest term of endearment I could here. Said then, and in that way, it reflects the bond of deep trust and acceptance that within agreed boundaries there are no 'no go' areas between us.

Said at any other time, and I am not sure which of us would be most horrified.

cariad

Agreed

VixeyandPhoenix
07-20-2006, 04:40 AM
I call Vixey my slut and yet I am her first and only. Conotations are sometimes a bad thing. Taken out of context, some of the things that we do look like rape and torture, and I have come across few people here that would actually do any of that!

The shock value of using slut, whore, fuck-toy, over sub is what actually makes it worth saying. I cannot fathom why anyone would actually enjoy being spanked, or caned or whatever, but Vixey and so many others in this world do enjoy it and I for some reason enjoy doing it. Yes, I do look at any of the marks that I leave and say to myself, that is mine, you are mine. At least I don't piss on her to mark my territory!!!