PDA

View Full Version : Testing Ideas

_ID_
07-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Where do you test your ideas you want to try out on a submissive? Reading about them is one thing, figuring out saftey and the dangers involved, the technique involved in doing what it is you would like to do. This is quite another step in the process.

Flogging/canning is an easy one. Flogg or cane a a velvet cusion. The impact shows up in the fabric. Learning accuracy this way is a good practice.

If I want to practice other things though, things I am not so sure I want to try on her. Where do you do these things? How would you experiment without the worry of actualy harming a valued submissive?

V/R
ID

Havensov
11-20-2006, 12:06 PM
For me i test allot of things on myself before doing anything to my sub. if i want to try new candles for wax play, cuffs, etc. Try it on me and do my worst... get a feel for it....

Other then that, i found the peach skin is about as resistant as human... so if it will bruise a peach, well then it will hurt the sub...

_ID_
11-20-2006, 02:07 PM
I agree on yourself is good, but I don't have some of the bits she does. Plus it's pretty tough to see how long a peach can withstand clothes pins.

vistana
11-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Seems to me that if you're talking about something like withstanding clothespins the best test would be to just stick them on and watch her squirm. Judge from there.

Sir_G
11-20-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm a great believer in the test it on myself first method. Then if as you say I don't have the bits that she does, the go very slowly method seems to work.

And failing that, communicating all the time checking to see if she's ok. There is nothing wrong with a plan B if plan A turns out to be not such a good idea. I also think because of the nature of our lifestyle/play sometimes hurting someone physically (more than is pleasureable) is unavoidable. Especially if you are experimenting with new unexplored territory. Also you must trust that your sub will use her/his safeword in that case.

_ID_
11-20-2006, 11:12 PM
It wasn't clothes pins I was thinking about, just an example for the peach method.

And trusting that she will use her safeword, I know she will.

ID

Havensov
11-21-2006, 06:25 AM
After discussing this a bit, i think that about the only way to truly test some things is on someone. I know personally that finding someone that has done it before to walk ya threw the first go round if not being your test subject would be the best.

But lets face it, most of us here we are the only ones in the BDSM community that we know. Its not like you can go down to the coffee house and find someone that will let you clap weights to her crotch. Lucky for me i guess, i do know a fare number of people in the life style around here and have been able to go to them and ask for help.

Now if only there were more demos available to go to, watch and learn. i think this would cut down on the "we were trying something new" trips to the ER.

TomOfSweden
11-21-2006, 07:41 AM
Seems to me that if you're talking about something like withstanding clothespins the best test would be to just stick them on and watch her squirm. Judge from there.

I think I just fell in love with you. ha ha ha. I think I'll take your advice. If my slave complains I'll refer who to this thread. Muahahaha.

vistana
11-21-2006, 01:29 PM
I think I just fell in love with you. ha ha ha. I think I'll take your advice. If my slave complains I'll refer who to this thread. Muahahaha.

oh dear, I hope I haven't started something here! :eek:
Seriously though, it's great fun as a testing method. That's how we both found out that binder clips hurt like hell when applied to nipples, and that a roughly removed clothespin can make one's tongue bleed... good times, good times :D