PDA

View Full Version : Law & Order-Does The Punishment Fit The Crime?

Scorpio'sWill2Power
07-31-2006, 10:42 AM
On those occasions when you slip up or
do that which you've been forbidden to do.

What do you feel is the best form of punishment?

Do you intentionally misbehave so you'll be punished
or could it be on some subconscious level that you
screw up because you know what the out cum will be?

For being naughty and doing things you've been told
explicitly not to do, what would you prefer to as they
say, "get your mind right"?

I like time outs a lot, using a combination of things
to set things straight.

Using a pen or cage to send someone to to have them
"think about things" seem to work real well when when coupled
with a few other things.

So what's your idea of making the most impact when it
cums to setting YOU straight?

Timberwolf
07-31-2006, 11:16 AM
Could I perhaps also throw in: How much input do you feel a sub should have in designing their own punishments? (If any.) This is an issue I've been thinking about myself.

Silke
07-31-2006, 11:20 AM
As much as I like to be a smartass or provoke my Master from time to time, I'd never conciously break any of his rules hoping to be punished. I've found out early on in our relationship that the punishments he deals out are not ones that make me hot...quite the contrary. I feel miserable when he's disappointed and know I won't enjoy the consequences.

The punishments I've had to face so far were mostly time outs, sometimes combined with some pain (that I don't enjoy at all when it's in serious punishment setting). And believe me, those get me back in line extremely quickly. His disapproval and disappointment alone are bad enough, but having to spend some time without distraction thinking about where I've gone wrong and how to avoid making this mistake in the future make it a tough punishment to go through.

Other punishments I've experienced so far were writing lines for a TM at the academy (and in that case it worked quite well to achieve the right mind set)...a time out from any playtime for a few days (contrary to just orgasm denial which can be pretty hot, this was indeed punishment and I didn't want to risk that particular mishap again, lol)...wearing a plug for an extended time (not really that effective since I usually like it)...spanking of tits or inner thighs (yeah, effective for the moment...but I DO love the marks afterwards, so I guess that's a downside for the desired effect *grins*).

What ruins any punishment for me is when it's combined with anything pleasurable during the scene...afterwards - fine, but I remember a dom I played with online for a bit and he liked to tease during the punishment and hell, did I want to get more of this later, lol.

I really think the key is for the dom to know his/her sub very well, know what activities will be good punishments and which ones might hold secret pleasures.

*shudders* I really don't like punishments. The only good thing about them is that once they're done, it's over and the subject closed.

MsUther
07-31-2006, 11:49 AM
As much as I like to be a smartass or provoke my Master from time to time, I'd never conciously break any of his rules hoping to be punished. I've found out early on in our relationship that the punishments he deals out are not ones that make me hot...quite the contrary. I feel miserable when he's disappointed and know I won't enjoy the consequences.

His disapproval and disappointment alone are bad enough, but having to spend some time without distraction thinking about where I've gone wrong and how to avoid making this mistake in the future make it a tough punishment to go through.

*shudders* I really don't like punishments. The only good thing about them is that once they're done, it's over and the subject closed.

You said it very well, Silke. Thats exactly my stand to this topic. I would never break a rule conciously. And knowing or worrying i might have disappointed my Master is a horrible feeling.
If i do break a rule i gladly take my punnishment to make it all good and dandy again. To explain what was wrong and to say how i will avoid doing it again also set my mind straight. And during that explanation i worry i might not have understood the level of disaproval or mistake, so its an punnishment in a way and it makes me very attentive.

Good question, Scorpio. Welcome back! I have missed seeing your posts:wave:

Leigh
08-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Well I used to intentionally misbehave but I don't anymore...the last punishment of withholding pleasure/punishment for well over a week was enough to kill me

Well that punishment opened my eyes and it worked but I think next to that what works best is to have my backside torn up with his belt and made to kneel in the corner for however long he decides

As I sit here (well try to) on a nice shiny red backside I do believe that disobeying will not be something I do in the near future.

to set things straight.

with a few other things.

Leigh
08-16-2006, 09:16 AM
wanted to add...that having my backside torn up is about the best punishment we have found that keeps me in line/straight with how I am to obey my master

Well I used to intentionally misbehave but I don't anymore...the last punishment of withholding pleasure/punishment for well over a week was enough to kill me

Well that punishment opened my eyes and it worked but I think next to that what works best is to have my backside torn up with his belt and made to kneel in the corner for however long he decides

As I sit here (well try to) on a nice shiny red backside I do believe that disobeying will not be something I do in the near future.

to set things straight.

with a few other things.

chattel69
08-16-2006, 11:19 AM
I thought I had responded to this thread before I guess not...

Do I misbehave intentional? who doesn't get in the mood to be bratty or sassy sometimes but I won't do it on purpose to often as it would ware out the effect of being playful.

I tend to be serious and wanting to please more often then not. I disappointment myself more if I don't live up to expectations. The disappointment from my Master would only hurt me more and push me to be better.

frankee
08-16-2006, 11:28 AM
I thought I had responded to this thread before I guess not...

Do I misbehave intentional? who doesn't get in the mood to be bratty or sassy sometimes but I won't do it on purpose to often as it would ware out the effect of being playful.

I tend to be serious and wanting to please more often then not. I disappointment myself more if I don't live up to expectations. The disappointment from my Master would only hurt me more and push me to be better.

My thoughts exactly chattel. i always want to please my Mistress and i really beat myself up when i fail Her. There are times where i'm bratty and fiesty but more out of playfulness than wanting to intentionally misbehave. The worst kind of punishment for me is no contact with my Mistress, She'll distant Herself from me.

AngieSmith
09-10-2006, 10:42 PM
My mistress chooses spanking or humiliation as her primary form of correction.

For mild offenses: tardiness, curfew violation, forgetting proper ettiquette. She likes to have me over her knee.

For more serious offenses: orgasm w/o permission, masturbation, smoking etc.
she uses prolonged humiliation. Wearing diapers for 48 hour periods, sleeping in dog house outdoors for the weekend

Her worst punishment has been me nude in a chair watching a man please her while I am not allowed. This had me crying for her forgiveness.

Does the punishment fit the crime. I try to please my mistress, I realise sometimes I must be corrected for my errors. As long as I am allowed to return to giving my love and submission to her. I trust what she deems necessary.

Sophiabelle
10-02-2006, 07:53 PM
In a perfect view of behaviouralism, I feel as though the punishment should meet two criterion.
1. It should "fit" the crime (as said.)
2. It should actually be punishment.

Punishment, though not for /all/ is supposed to be a corrective conditioning. Therefore, I feel there should be association between the crime and the punishment... making it all the more impressioned. And if it is something enjoyed rather than hated or endured (at best) then it will not form the right associations at all!
I'm aware that punishment has many different roles... but if you want to correct behaviour, look no farther than positive/negative punishment (positive/negative refering to either adding something unpleasant in or taking something pleasant away. Not the connotative type.))

bigg.dogg78
10-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I am brand new to all of this...and i m punished frequently...i guess what i would like to ask is how do i know if its fair or fit? And what is fair and fit to be determined by? And after the punishment i feel, ashamed and frusterated all at the same time.....is that normal???

Ozme52
10-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Somewhat.

After the punishment, do you feel forgiven?

IMO, That's how you know.

pixie_dust
10-14-2006, 04:18 PM
The main punishment that I receive is the "silent treatment", which is, IMO, the worst possible. To give me time to think about what I have done wrong, and how not to make the same mistake, I am not spoken to or acknowledged in any way for a period of time that He has determined.

There has never been a time in which I have intentionally disobeyed or failed to follow orders. I always feel so terrible when I disappoint Him, and there is never any pleasure in receiving a punishment (although I feel His are always just, and I am deserving of them).

~hellish one~
10-14-2006, 04:29 PM
The main punishment that I receive is the "silent treatment", which is, IMO, the worst possible. To give me time to think about what I have done wrong, and how not to make the same mistake, I am not spoken to or acknowledged in any way for a period of time that He has determined.

that right there would absolutely kill me. i can see how the silent treatment would make for a very effective punishment (or part of a punishment), but it would drive me nuts. to have him ignore me for a certain period of time...the whole while my brain is in overload drumming up the worst possible scenarios and outcomes. ~shaking my head~ i would die. the being ignored probably isn't the part that would bother me so much... it's the knowing that i'd upset him so much that he felt the need to distance himself from me that would do me in.