Of all the dreams that died,
All the wishes I just lost,
The tears I have cried.

These things are gone, but not for good,
For in spite of all my sorrow,
A hope is really all I have;
So I'll wait again, tomorrow.

-Wistan

Wrote this, on January 10th, 1989, about a lady I loved who never loved me. I still think about her far more often than I should. [sigh]

Timberwolf
08-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Summed it up well, though I'm not sure if saying I "enjoyed" this is quite the correct phrasing, but it is a nice piece.

cariad
08-04-2006, 09:26 AM
An impressive poem which expresses that place so well. I look forward to reading more, although for your sake, hope they stem from happier memories.

cariad

wistan
08-04-2006, 09:49 AM
An impressive poem which expresses that place so well. I look forward to reading more, although for your sake, hope they stem from happier memories.

cariad

Not really, sorry to say. I only wrote a dozen or so poems, all around the same time. Mostly as a way to try and vent some of the sadness Herself caused - not that she was to blame for that, obviously. What made it worse was that this was our student days, and we were sharing a house with four others. I wasn't allowed to change to another house, and couldn't afford to move to private housing. So not only did I get to love somebody who didn't love me but I got to watch her bring boyfriends (and more than a few one night stands) home with her. Lying in bed alone listening to the woman you love screwing another guy in the next room is an experience I don't recommend.

Later I moved on to other outlets - most recently, writing stories for this place!

Anyway, enough self pity. Thanks for the comments, guys!