PDA

View Full Version : Age of Reason?

Asia
08-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Today, as you read this another 394.000 children were born into this world...
They break like waves of hunger and desire upon these eroded lands, carrying the curses of history, a history that is yet unwritten...
The oil burns in the thick, black columns - the buzz saws echo through the forest floor...
They shout "give us a fair share, give us justice"
...here comes the war...

On a grey morning to the south of here, two young men in makeshift uniforms peer into the misty light and figures dart behind the trees as a ship of rifles round echos out across the fields...
Well they hardly know their secret mother tongue...but they know their duty to defend the flag hanging limp and bloody above the village church...
While a thousand miles away in a warehouse complex down the river...young money men play painfull games
...here comes the war

Put on the lights on the age of reason...blow out the candle and tell us another of those great stories...the once about serial killers...
Let dreams flow into savage times...
Do you hear the sirens scream across the city, we've had three hot nights in succession..the riot reason is here again...
Dear brother, lead us back into the valley of shadows of death
...here comes the war

Do you think, we were born in peaceful times?
Faster,faster...like a whirrling dish spinning round...faster,faster...until the centre cannot hold...faster, faster...
You screamed "give us liberty or give us death"...
Now you've got both... What do you want next?
...here comes the war

For God's sake. let us put on the lights on the age of reason...
I, for one will keep the light of peace burning brightly....

[Slade]

Dundee
08-06-2006, 11:37 AM
FFS Asia,
That hit me straight in the stomach and not just because I'm a Father. Cant stop reading it.

Dundee
08-06-2006, 12:04 PM
I tell you something doll, you are still a mystery to me after all these years. Your tusted friend
DM

Timberwolf
08-06-2006, 02:50 PM
"You screamed 'give us liberty or give us death'...
Now you've got both... What do you want next?"

Asia, that's just... absolutely the truth.

Bravo.

_ID_
08-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Powerful!

It is your orignal work I guess? If it is, I will watch your poetic posts more closely.

V/R
ID

MasterRob{cali}
08-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Very good, and yes we need peace, As said by a American general "No one prays more for peace as the combat soldier" and theres just to many soldiers of all ages, races, Male/Female.
I to shall keep the internal candle lit for peace.

Master Rob

Asia
08-07-2006, 03:12 PM
It's just good to know we feel the same way.
A warm kiss for you all
~kiss~
Asia
xxx

Rational Head
04-15-2008, 04:40 PM
New Model Army - Here comes the war
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmNMiN-SVy4

Nice song