PDA

View Full Version : Former First question

Rabbit1
08-07-2006, 07:10 PM
What do you like to read and in detail tell us why you like reading it

Talia
08-21-2006, 10:31 PM
I like to read Historical Romances. WHY? Well, I am a very sexual being and before I found out about the lifestyle I was able to appease myself through reading these stories..provocative, sexual, intamate, and, in some cases, loving.

With men in my past sex was just that, SEX. No intamacy really. I would go to sleep frustrated and unfulfilled because I didn't have away to give my sexual being what it needed. After having children, private time was very rare so reading became non-existant. So, I turned to food. Some foods would satisfy more than sex ever had. Then I found about the lifestyle. I was able to put my sexual being to use. Never in my life have I had such fun and being fulfilled.

A lot of these romances have BDSM undertones, which, I would never have guessed until, after, learning about the lifestyle. I always wondered why I was more interested in the historical romances. Then it came to me one day. Stealing of the lady, the taming of her, the use of her, then the concuring of HIM. Winning his heart through her submission to him. Something I've always wanted from a man. To take what I offer and in return....he is mine as much as I am his. Historical Romances are filled with these type of dialogues. I still like them but I am not drawn to them as I used to be, since I am now able to live out my sexual desires and needs.

Polecat
08-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Eclectic would be the term to describe my library.
Historical fiction, from Robert Graves "I Claudius" and "Claudius the God" to the Patrick O'Brien Audrey and Maturin series, and a few others.
Sci Fi: Asimov, Frank Herbert et al.
Erotica: My erotic library deserves a grant from the NEA: Sade, Reage, the complete Gor series (It took me more than 10 years to assemble the lot) Some of Hemmingson's title, The Venus in furs, The She Devils (By Pierre Louys)
Philosophy: Rand
History: Too much to mention. Churchill: The history of the 2nd world war, The river war and My early life.
Guns Germs and Steel. Many histories of the 2nd world war, mostly personal accounts but also military histories of selected battles and campaigns.
Novels: Of all kinds. Some classics I like to reread often: Tale of two cities, Moby Dick.
A classic that could be classified as erotica: The complete arabian nights by Richard Burton Hard to read the 18th century English but instructive.

In French; Les Miserables, Jean de Florette, Manon des sources, La gloire de mon Pere and Le chateau de ma mere.

Why: I have a wide range of interests, and once I get an interest for something, I read a lot on it until I get bored, then I move on to something else.

Rhabbi
05-15-2007, 03:12 PM
I have eclectic tastes, but will choose a Science Fiction book before just about anything else.

Why? Becuase Science Fiction is a genre that is about people. It is about the impact of science and technology and how it affects people, both individuals and society. The best Science Fiction can span galaxies and civilaizations. No other genre has the scope or the potential.

Mad Lews
05-16-2007, 02:20 AM
Congratulations for making it past Ruby.

I too enjoy the world(s) of SciFi though I cringe at the melding of Scifi with pure fantasy. Still I can enjoy Tad Williams or Raymond Fiest without too much trouble.
While we're here mayhap you could fill me in on your writing goals; what you're up to now, what you hope to gain here, the usual bibliophile stuff. Feel free to PM or e-mail me both are open in my profile.

This question is left over from when Wabbit-1 was running level 4. I'd do well to change the title I suppose. I would direct you to the ice breaker thread whilst I contemplate our course.

Mad