siralex
08-20-2006, 04:03 AM
Beautiful Stranger

Like a rusty cross that children broke while playing in the graveyard,
like a song without words that old blind women softly hum,
like the squeaking of a bridge under the feet of foreign soldiers,
like a memory forgotten, like a dream that fades away –

that’s how triste I feel when you are kissed by total strangers,
that’s how triste I feel when you undress but not for me.

Like a hall where portraits hang of Russian tyrants, gods and preachers,
like a Himalayan kingdom torn by madness and by war,
like the scent of French perfume left in a room where lovers quarreled,
like the silence in a church where virgins prayed, where virgins sinned –

that’s how triste I feel when distant winds caress your body,
that’s how triste I feel when your ship sails to distant shores.

Like a widow who is begging that the sea return her lover,
like the voice of a piano in a bar where no one laughs,
like the branches of a tree whose only friends are forest fires,
like the basement of a home where poets die of too much wine –

that’s how triste I feel when you wake up in strangers’ bedrooms,
that’s how triste I feel, my lovely, that’s how triste I feel.

Sir_G
08-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Magick Sir Alex. Kind of matches my triste mood at the moment.

she_screams
08-20-2006, 06:19 AM
That's really lovely and made feel a bit sad, if i understand what 'triste' means. It means mournful? Whoever you wrote that about is a very lucky girl and she should be with you.
s_s

siralex
08-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Thank you, both of you! It is indeed someone very beautiful and very special that I wrote this for. (and yes, triste means sad)

Asia
08-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Sir Alex,
I trust you'll allow me to save those beautiful words and print them out. The triste you feel, others feel it too but never could they have conveyed it in such an enigmatic and analogical yet uncryptical manner. The woman you wrote this for, I imagine would be deeply touched, humbled and momentarily unforgiving of these despots, Gods, priests and those war-torn mountains as well as the French 'malls' - again she would probably want to be a virgin angel to those girls who hate to sin.
Simply stunning
Asia
~kiss~
xxx

siralex
08-21-2006, 02:06 AM
Thank you, Asia. I trust words look much better on paper than on the computer screen. I can also assure you that the woman I wrote this for is aware that a fallen angel is a much better company than a flying one. *smiles*

she_screams
09-01-2006, 01:20 PM
nosey question but did you get this girl you wrote this lovely poem about? I hope so. if sosmeone wrote that about me, i'd marry them!
s_s

siralex
09-03-2006, 05:56 AM
no, she_screams, I didn't. but getting her was never an issue.
loving her was, the beautiful and lovable creature that she is,
and for that, I'm eternally grateful.

Confessor_Ed
09-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I stumbled across this poem after I saw your name in another post. I read it a few times. For the life of me, I can't write or even understand poetry most of the time but your reply to the question above made me think that I might now know what being in love means. But I'd want to get the gal if she meant that much! Great poem to the woman you love.
Confessor Ed

siralex
09-04-2006, 07:02 AM
Thanks, Confessor Ed!

Dundee
09-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Alex, a good Scots name.
I know who you wrote that about. That's how triste I feel too my friend. She sends her deepest love to you.
DM

t.shirt
09-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Plenty more fish in the sea though! Some have fins and scales though! lol
t.shirt

t.shirt
09-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Sir Alex,
I trust you'll allow me to save those beautiful words and print them out. The triste you feel, others feel it too but never could they have conveyed it in such an enigmatic and analogical yet uncryptical manner. The woman you wrote this for, I imagine would be deeply touched, humbled and momentarily unforgiving of these despots, Gods, priests and those war-torn mountains as well as the French 'malls' - again she would probably want to be a virgin angel to those girls who hate to sin.
Simply stunning
Asia
~kiss~
xxx

I think you wrote this is about Asia from what I can read. Ruskies and France and tyrants, etc, etc, etc. She was so open and thats a good poem but its definitely about her. am i right? So when she coming back then?! Crap without her here man! :mad:
t.shirt