PDA

View Full Version : Failure

Sir_G
08-20-2006, 04:34 AM
I thought this was interesting.

A friend sent me an email that said "type failure into google and see what the top hit is". I did and was a little suprised. Only a little though.

Politicians are at best liars and at worst..........

MajesticFae
08-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Wow... That's really kind of sad... *just did it*

Asia
08-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Greg honey - another fascinating point you've raised in here.
~kiss~
Asia
xxx

Uzukasai
08-20-2006, 01:01 PM
That...is classy. :cool:

shins
08-20-2006, 01:36 PM
/sigh... i too just typed in and got the results. While I am concerned about course of actions and decisions of this president at times, i hang my head in despair at the negative opinion that the world holds in this presidency and the United States at this time. Time may prove my opinion wrong, but at this stage, I cant help but think that this man, elected by the populace, has been presented with a dilemia that has built for decades. The attack on 9/11 has forced response...unlike the declaration of war from Bin Laden during the Clinton administration. Clinton did not invoke the U.S. policy over the past decades. It was done by his predecessors and the agencies that 'stir the pot'. He had the luxury of avoiding that declaration of war because no direct act appeared during his term. I recognize that my government has 'dealt with' the world dynamics in a means that they felt appropiate at the time, for better or worse. I also realize that the rest of the world has trouble fathoming the U.S. reaction to such an attack. The simple fact remains, the U.S., as a soverign government and the 'world power', has taken a direct attack from fundementalists that doesnt only affect the freedom of the U.S., but that of the free world. Make no mistake that the contents of this entire forum would be abolished and persecuted by those that oppose the 'regime' of the United States. I also realize that this particular president would abolish us also... thats why I invest my support in this government. It is not exteme fascism, but the way of the people. War has been declared on us, formally, and while my country and its allies may be making a mess of it at times, we are also securing liberty and the right to participate in this forum, among others. Please understand that this president is reacting to decades of build up, either to our fault or not, but he did not create this situation. He is simply acknowledging that we HAVE BEEN ATTACKED by a non-government organization. If they hide behind the populace as we reatalitate and try to eliminate the 'terrorist threat', innocents will suffer from it. I don't condone that, but I also lay the blame where it deserves. If 'they' win... this forum will cease to exist, as the conduct of all of us is prohibitted in 'their eyes'... I just hope that 'they' stop there. Regardless of this presidency's forced action on morality and/or 'actuality of war', it will pass to another to deal with. This dilemia did not evolve overnight, nor will it resolve overnight. Sorry for all the typos...I'm enjoying the 'godsent' Jagermeister from our free German friends as I rattle on... /toast to the Germans and their fondness for beer, liquor, and the lack of inhibitions to be able to recognize and admit their deviant sexuality in participating in this 'freedom of speech' forum where we collectively explore our sexuality without persecution. ;)

Timberwolf
08-20-2006, 02:35 PM
As for the so-called war on terror, mark my words: it will end the same way the war on drugs did (and that war has realistically been over for a long time). Billions spent in dollars (and I will not attempt to belittle human life by measuring it as a mere statistic) going after the symptoms, instead of the cause, and nothing achieved in the end except entrenching the enemy in even deeper. I for one have seen this story before.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and I fear we have hurtled down it faster than we know. A sorry lack of serious planning, and some dreadful miscalculations, have put the west’s response to terror in a position where I am not currently certain we can ever achieve any of our aims (not that I actually believe our leaders are even clear on what those aims truly are), should we carry on this way.

I am not, by any means, a republican supporter. Far, far from it, to be frank I find many of their policies absurd. I do however respect that Bush, as a leader is if nothing else a man that tries to stand by his word. It is through that blunt honesty that his popularity, such as it exists springs. It would just be nice if his words were the kind that led to more deeply thought out decisions.

The west had every opportunity to collectively open our eyes to the genuine state of the world outside of our privileged bubble after 9/11, a chance to ask “how did this happen” and to craft a new, more effective answer to the question of “how can we ensure it does not happen again”. We declined, and carried right on with the “we know best, what works for us will work everywhere, and that’s all there is to it” plan. As I said, I for one have seen this story before. That decision will have consequences that will ripple through the rest of this century, at least. Instead of looking for a new path, we drew the line in the sand deeper and dared them to challenge us again.

I understand why that decision was made. I fully sympathize with why that decision was made. But in the end, I cannot support that decision. The consequences it has already had on both sides, and perhaps more importantly will continue to have, are simply too high for me to justify the action for myself.

Perhaps Mahatma Gandhi summed it up far better than I:

“I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.”

Asia
08-20-2006, 03:18 PM
I wish I could be as eloquent as you Wolfie and shins, but far too tired, so here is a general European view of this 'failure'. I never want to put down any person so I will state a 'failure' as a world leader.... and maybe it's just me that found it amusing and a possible 'explanation'....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjAmuXVPZys&mode=related&search=

shins
08-20-2006, 04:11 PM
Timberwolf: Aye, I support what you have said. I hope that I have not come across as a 'pro war groupie' as much as trying to identify the issues, where the thoughts reside, and that this particular president's blame bears the burden of decades of policy...

Asia: Alas, i'm on freakin dialup right now so i cant see your 'true' opinion, but from everything else that i've seen from you, you are objective and wise. I hope that my perceptions have not offended... please, i'm done being political...ITS THE JAGER!!!! ...*going back to share in the deviance of my fellow posters... **on my knees...please Asia, more pictures please!!!** ;)

Asia
08-20-2006, 05:06 PM
shins honey,
don't say 'on your knees' - it makes me go all tingly *smiles*
Asia
xxx

MasterRob{cali}
08-21-2006, 12:42 PM
"Why of course the people don't want war... It is the leaders...who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along...all you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

I am reposting this as i am not sure what happen with my first try.
But it makes me sad went i see my goverment invade a soverign country, for false reasons like Iraq. Under the WDM, and terroist guised, Went in fact that we are there for only one reason, and thats because the Sudia`s are and were affaid of Suddam. So they called on there puppet GW. And now the U. S. Forces becomes nothing more then merceanys to go and fight for a country that has the money and power but not the gumption to take care of there own problems.
And attaching ones embassy is a direct attack on that country, just to make it care to all. as there is US soil under ever amercan flag flying. And this holds true with every other nation.
I also would like to say sorry about my spelling and such. and thank you for reading this

P.S. the beginning was said by Hermann Geoing 1936,,, but it seems to ring true today also

Radiance
08-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Amen.Master Rob.....kisses Radi