PDA

View Full Version : A little bit about me (am I vanilla?)

OttifantSir
08-24-2006, 10:36 AM
First of all, to answer my own question in the heading: Probably. Well, at the moment, I assuredly am.
I have accessed a lot of stories about possible and IMpossible BDSM over the last few months (hard to do anything serious surfing on a mobile phone, though), and I find that the world of BDSM intrigue me. Although I actually knew very little about it before I read the site of a D/s-couple from Dorset. It took me (on my mobile phone) the better part of two days non-stop surfing to go through it all, but I am glad I did. I have never learned so much about sexuality in so short a time in all my life. You might say the realisation you had as a child when you understood that the thing between your legs went into that thing the girls have between their legs was for making babies, might be learning more in a shorter time, but not counting that, my statement still is true.
So, why did I join BDSMLibrary? I was on the look-out for more stories at the same time I found and IRC server with a general population of Doms and subs. After having read the website I told you about, my fear of such people were gone (who, in their right mind, doesn't fear what they don't know?) and I found them to be a very nice group of people. But that could possibly be a very intermittent relationship, as IRC doesn't list what's been said prior to your entry to the server. That's when I decided I wanted to join.

As I said earlier I've enjoyed the stories of this site for awhile. So much so that I have begun one of my own. If it ever gets released to this site I don't know, as I have been writing short stories and poems my whole life, but never dared let anyone see them. I am guessing if it's TOO bad, it won't pass through here, and then I'd know I'm not cut out as a BDSM writer. Time will show.

slave327-834-200
08-24-2006, 10:51 AM
:wave:

Hello OttifantSir and :welcomebo to the forums

I only joined her a few weeks ago and I have to say that everyone has been very helpful and welcoming to me on my first steps into this lifestyle.

I also have written poems and stories, definatley of vanilla flavour, before and I too am interested in learning more about writing BDSM stories so I have signed up to the writers block forum. If it is something that interests you i suggest you go and have a look in that section and at rabbit1's introduction and it will tell you how to get started. Don't worry at all about what other people may think of your writing as everyone here is lovely and supportive, even the Dom's!!
*joking guys, I bow to you all*

Hope you find more of what you are seeking here.

chattel69
08-24-2006, 01:13 PM
welcome to the family...

cariad
08-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Hello OttifantSir, and a big :wel to this site. I hope you are not still trying to read it on a phone.

We make a habit of welcoming everyone, because we are that sort of people, but I really do think you have landed in the right place to spend a little time discovering more about that bdsm is in reality, if it could be for you, and information for bdsm themed fiction. I also think that regardless of which side of the fence you decide is your home, you will find good things here to enhance your relationships.

Looking forward to seeing you around, and maybe in the writers' block as slave suggested, but above all...have enjoy this place and have fun.

cariad

MsUther
08-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Velkommen hit OttifantSir. Jeg lurte litt da jeg så navnet i new post listen, og så viste det seg du var norsk:)
Håper du poster en historie etterhvert:wave:

Wont tell, you guys and gals. National security issue!

dzire2pleeze
08-24-2006, 02:13 PM
yeah...what MsUther said. ~smiles~

Silke
08-24-2006, 04:14 PM
:wel OttifantSir...couldn't help but stumble over your nick...care to share what made you choose it? Ottifant is a German cartoon character by a comedian who I just can't imagine doing international stuff. He's too...German? *giggles*

Enjoy your journey here and see you in the Writer's Block. :)

Tojo
08-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi & welcome OS, interesting intro. I see you've joined Writer's Block- a good idea.

Wondering whether you're 'vanilla' is a bit like wondering whether you're 'normal' IMO.

We're all weird here....just enjoy it! :wave:

Tojo

maddie
08-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Hello OttifantSir! Welcome to the forums! :hihi:

suchaminx
08-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Hello and welcome to the fourms,

Have fun learning ~smiles~ minx x

OttifantSir
09-14-2006, 07:58 AM
:wel OttifantSir...couldn't help but stumble over your nick...care to share what made you choose it? Ottifant is a German cartoon character by a comedian who I just can't imagine doing international stuff. He's too...German? *giggles*

Enjoy your journey here and see you in the Writer's Block. :)
:wave: :wave:
The prime reason for choosing this name is that I love comic strip Ottifant. I know it isn't generally international, but it did make it's way into a Norwegian magazine called Stripp (similar to MAD) in the early 90's. I used to read the four magazines a friend had almost every time I visited, especially the Ottifant strips.
After a while, due to this and my inability to store as much information about music from the 60's 70's folk- and rock-genre as my friend, I was even dubbed Ottifant myself. I wear this nickname with pride as I love the strips on them.
Sir at the end is actually just a coincidence. I had used this name on e-mail earlier, and when I forgot the password to my e-mail (web-based without a reliable internet connection for the past seven years until recently) I couldn't get my original adress back. Thinking, I still wanted to keep Ottifant in my adress, I turned to another comic strip (recently filmed) Modesty Blaise. Not being female left Modesty out of the equation. Being blonde and blue-eyed I could have chosen Willie Garvin in some way, but it wasn't quite like me. I'm not dominating a room and I don't have a girlfriend in every port. Next character was Sir Gerald Tarrant. He's head of MI-5 and his personality and cooperation in these stories are more like me. So it was that I called myself "OttifantSirTarrant". Joining here though, (I am not sure,but think it was so) I wasn't allowed to use the whole name of that. So I shortened it. After a short conversation with an op on IRC I added upper-case letters. I do not really know if I am cut out for BDSM, but a true submissive I know doesn't feel right. At least for the time being.:gooday:

Silke
09-14-2006, 08:05 AM
*grins* thank you for sheding some light on this. I'm sure Otto (the creator of Ottifant) would love the use of his character's name here...;)

OttifantSir
09-14-2006, 08:15 AM
Hi & welcome OS, interesting intro. I see you've joined Writer's Block- a good idea.

Wondering whether you're 'vanilla' is a bit like wondering whether you're 'normal' IMO.

We're all weird here....just enjoy it! :wave:

Tojo

What I meant by this was that I will not mislead anyone into thinking I will be fun to cyber with. Granted, I have imagination, but I have no experience. And that's a poor combination.
Also, I haven't done anything associated with BDSM. Unless you count tying a woman with two scarves tied so loosely and close together, all you had to do to get free was move your hands. It may count, but I believe it was too soft to count. Therefore my statement that I am vanilla.

Normal? How can I be normal? Has someone finally found that perfect person, that person that is in keepings with all the statistics, the embodiment of NORMAL? (No sarcasm intended) The one that makes it worth the effort of comparing one self with "The Normal"?

Other than that being one of the things that I find slightly paradoxal and comment upon frequently, I am a bit of a discussionist (Is this even an English word? Do you get the meaning?) and if I HEAR someone using a word under false pretense, I will usually point it out to them. As I will probably do in writing to if I have the power to. Though not as much. Like this for instance her=here, thoug=though lisense=license or just shuffling letters. These I won't comment on unless the context makes it impossible to understand if you don't write correctly.

dzire2pleeze
09-14-2006, 10:16 AM
OttifantSir...hope you have thusfar enjoyed your visit here. I would like to believe you have.

Please remember that not everyone speaks English and they do their best to write it correctly. Also, there may be extenuating circumstances. Dyslexia perhaps, which could very well cause a person to transpose letters, words, etc.without even knowing it.

So in your role as discussionist, ( i looked in my English dictionary and could not find the word, btw) kindly do not critize too harshly...for example I won't mention that in your statement the word "to" should be "too" ...giggles... "As I will probably do in writing to if I have the power to. And sentences should never end in a preposition. "to" being a preposition. ~hoping that OllifantSir interprets this as light-heartedly as it was written~

As you understand that none of us are "normal"....you will understand as well that none of us are "perfect." ~winks~

Good luck with your writing...i'm looking forward to seeing your work.

cariad
09-14-2006, 11:16 AM
bedder tayk care wif meye riting nou dzire is hear.

But (please ignore the starting a sentence with a conjunctive) Ottifant, please don't be too harsh on people whose first language is not written English - we come here to enjoy ourselves, not to feel as if we are back at school again. Although judging by the number of ladies you see wearing school uniforms as they run from forum to forum I could just be wrong...

Ottifant you say you have a good imagination, to me that is a much greater asset than experience. You can gain experience, but developing an imagination is a tough one. Don't knock yourself!

cariad

dzire2pleeze
09-14-2006, 11:52 AM
bedder tayk care wif meye riting nou dzire is hear

~shaking my head and smiling~ cariad u r 2 funny, hunny bunny.

Widget
09-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums. :)

OttifantSir
09-15-2006, 05:44 PM
I have seen what replies I got from saying I don't much appreciate people using similar-sounding words that has different meanings is correctional in nature. I hoped to convey that I wouldn't do much of this in forums as I know people can take it the wrong way. I also know that I don't always write perfect myself. This is mostly due to the fact that I am too lazy to do spell-checking on my writings. Lately it is also due to a slow computer that uses about two hours to spell-check a five-page document.

Dyslexia is always something I have in mind when reading what others write. I applaud those who overcomes their fright of ridicule and still post stories. I am sorry it was taken as critique. I am like this, I believe, because I feel the need to display that I am a man of intelligence when there's nothing else to my person. That is almost all that I am to my friends. Intelligent. To this day, there's only one friend of mine who reckons me as someone to talk to without seeing me as only intelligent, but a confidant too.

I believe this thread has gone almost as all communication I commit to, I have been myself, and very few get me, as I am not usually conformic in my ways. As a result of this, I am misunderstood. To those having answered my thread: I seriously thank you from the bottom of my heart. And I promise to do a better job of writing such that I am not misunderstood.

I said I do some writing, although I have never published any. If I find the right way to post/submit a story, I have made the decision to publish here the first part of a story I have been writing. It's nowhere near completion, but if people like it and want more, I know it will be fulfilled in due time. So, for those waiting to see my writings, I will shortly publish at least part of it.

Till next time: Live long and prosper.

dzire2pleeze
09-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Platonic kiss on cheek and hug OttifantSir....like i said, my critique was to be taken "light-heartedly."

Being recognized for only one aspect of your persona is difficult to say the least. Just ask any actor, who tries to break out from the roles into which he/she has been typecast.

Nevertheless, if you continue to accept the same role, you will continue to be typecast. So, with that said, it is up to you to show others the many other sides of Ollifant.

Please know, too, that cariad and I goof around a lot. It was in no way meant to insult you.. i apologize for both of us, if that was the way it was taken.

Still looking forward to your stories.

Warbaby1943
09-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Hello OttifantSir and welcome. I think you will enjoy yourself here and have a great time.

OttifantSir
09-16-2006, 12:54 PM
No, I didn't take it as something bad, except from myself. Once again not being able to convey the proper message.

I have been reading some posts so I know people here are light-hearted and goof alot, so I didn't take this critique hard. I welcome such corrections as I know I can be a bit arrogant at times, and it helps me to keep me at ground-level.

Nice getting to know you all.:wave:

Warbaby1943
09-16-2006, 02:12 PM
No, I didn't take it as something bad, except from myself. Once again not being able to convey the proper message.

I have been reading some posts so I know people here are light-hearted and goof alot, so I didn't take this critique hard. I welcome such corrections as I know I can be a bit arrogant at times, and it helps me to keep me at ground-level.

Nice getting to know you all.:wave:
It is nice getting to know you too. Hope to see much more of your posts.